[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Never noticed this. Also on her default and recoloured skins, (I have no idea what these are called) her “wings” on her suit on her right are broken. One is misaligned and overlaps another. I don’t know if this only applies to this menu because in her emotes it seems fine

If anyone happens to have video of an instance were the rez goes through but your teammate wasn’t rezzed I would be happy to add it to the OP.

I just realized also why I think it happens more often in TDM - there’s not a set respawn timer there as people can shorten it themselves, so it probably happens when the Mercy goes for the rez at the same time the teammate presses the respawn button.

Alright I poked around and I can confirm they’re actually level. Use the winged victory skin and you have the best view of her wing base, as they’re attached to her flesh. (Let’s ignore that she still has no soles to her shoes). I measured it in game as well as on the officially released model. The left wing being higher in some instances accounts for the tilt of her shoulders, as she almost never stands flat on her feet.

HOWEVER, the left wing base actually moves up about a centimeter when valk is activated or when she uses guardian angel and angelic descent. I assume this is to account for the fact that with her weapon out, one wing would be slightly higher than the other, and they wanted her wings to look even from a third person perspective.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for spending your time to research this. :+1:
The problem is that Winged Victory is the only Mercy skin which doesn’t show the issue as much as the others due to not having the part that connects the wings to the base/ they float.

The thing is that, the issue occurs only with emotes and standing still. On other instances like during Valk, during GA and Angelic descend, the wings are perfect, even when she is running.
Also, where can you find the officialy released model?
Anyway, thank you very much for doing this. :grinning:

In most of her emotes she’s not really straight enough to actually appear as if they were even. The few frames of her shoulders being squared are very short so it’s difficult to notice. When her wings are out in game the left moves slightly to account for her arm placements.

And you can find the model just by doing a quick google search.

1 Like

For a kit that focuses on Valkyrie as the Ultimate, I really like the direction you went with it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but could Mercy not do this already? Unless you mean that she would automatically GA when a target is LOS instead of the user having to press the button to initiate her first. I think would be kind of a nice QOL in the heat of battle having a sort of “pin ball” ability that allows you to auto-GA to whoever is in your line of sight for a brief amount of time the moment you heal or damage boost, but I have a feeling that’s not what you’re referring to. Correct me if I’m wrong though!

If I were to suggest one thing in terms of improvements, I think that if there is some sort of rez charge system put in place it would put more weight in the value of rezzing and when to use them. As in, if you heal a certain amount you are given a rez charge. It’s been suggested quite a bit in previous discussions, and I think it would really add a little reward to Mercy players who prioritize healing over going “battle mercy.”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Current GA functions essentially like this:
Favor beam target - if you’re attached to someone you will always GA to them regardless of who you have in your reticule. Now this isn’t an issue if you are manually holding the beam, but many of us (especially on console) use a setting to toggle the beam on/off, and in my experience to cut the beam cleanly you have to switch to your gun before you GA. This makes these two modes not mesh together well.
Favors reticule - you fly to whoever is in your sights, making you unable to perform the nice jukes and maneuvers you can do when you can fly to someone not in your LoS (like GA out of a well despite not seeing anyone). This mode, however, allows you to keep healing someone even as you are trying around escaping enemies, giving you more freedom to heal whoever needs healing the most.

With my suggestion you would always GA to anyone in your reticule, but if someone isn’t in your reticule you would always GA to whomever your beam is attached to (and if none of this conditions are met, not GA at all obviously).

This is a straight up buff, and I would prefer for this thread to mostly focus on bug-fixes, QoL changes, and other improvements that are more visual/auditory.

Another visual thing I would like to see corrected is for Cobalt Mercy. Her Golden Weapons use the same color lights as the normal mercy (Orange) instead of the non golden version of Cobalt (light blue). Im talking on the U with a I on the middle on the Blaster and the circle that is on before the rotating mechanism and the staff.

Great post. Every suggestion seems reasonable and to make mercy players feel better without changing gameplay or impact. I hope you get heard by any dev. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you, that was basically my goal. I just hope they, and people in general, are open to listening as I made this just to try to get some of the annoyances that plagues her out without making her stronger.

2 Likes

This is easily the most annoying thing about Valkyrie :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It has caused me to waste a rez occasionally, which is annoying because usually if you rez in Valkyrie it’s because the situation is dire.

3 Likes

Remap Suggestion

I actually did a lot of work when re-mapping my controller, with multiple tests to maximize efficiency, mobility, and hand movements. Here is what I came up with (PS4 controller)

LB: guardian angel
LT: jump/angelic descent

RB: damage boost
RT: heal

Triangle: ult
Square: reload
X: rez
O: crouch

DpadUP: spray menu
DpadLeft: change hero
DpadRight: switch weapon
DpadDown: coms menu

The biggest problem is that no matter how you slice it, you have to sacrifice one of your analogues while switching weapons (which can be a lot while trying to dodge); I try to switch only when I have cover, while jumping or while using guardian angel.

Hope this helps, give it a shot and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

PLEASE can they fix the res/angelic descent thing. It is so frustrating to accidentally trigger res and die.
And a card for Valk healing would be nice. I honestly wanna see how much healing I do when in Valk-- it might make me feel a bit better about it as an ultimate.

The ability to bind separate keys for going up and down in Valkyrie would be quite good.

The amount of times Valkyrie is so fast you accidentally NOOM past the soul while resurrecting it’s honestly so funny.

Heros Never die
SWOOOSH
(Insert woman in the car going to fast image)
OH GOD NO THE SOUL
NOOOOOM

I’m sorry, this was the best I could do. :joy:

1 Like

YES PLEASE I’ve wanted this for so long

2 Likes

It would be nice if they considered it someday, when they have resolved more pressing issues. I do think it would do a lot in terms of engagement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also if anyone hear about the “Vertical Bunnyhop” that impulse Mercy so high just like Pharah, and you just need a closer ally to perform that (but it’s really difficult). So it would be great for Mercy playeres if they can make it easier.

1 Like