[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Comparing the unlimited healing beam staff of Mercy vs Phara rockets who also is one of the hardest/slow in the game and S76 who is limited by how many barriers are in this game.

Sure there isn’t a widowmaker/Zen/D.va on every single game when Phara is present right?. her hovers make a huge noise at Reaper/Mcree footsteps level. S76 Nanoboosted? so that’s basically 2 ults and then again if there is a barrier or D.va his work will end on the trash.

Implying I can control my teammates even when they know they have a enemy Mercy hidding. Then again this argument is pretty much the typical 'just shoot her bro xd izi game "

F tier? since when? she have been always viable and when she got that resurrect buff was because Mercy mains cried day and night because they died after ressing 5 people.

1 Like

Because of the SR exploit which encouraged you to do huge reses, instead mixing it with tempo res. Apparently people on higher ranks were doing it a lot, streamers started to shout their opinion of how unfun and annoying it was.

But instead of tweak the ultimate and remove the SR Exploit (which was done before the rework), they decided to built Mercy around the tempo res.

And here we are today.

7 Likes

And that’s why you flank healers! Seriously, is it really that hard to think before you post? Obviously healers get ult charge from healing. Mercy can only heal with little defense. That’s why you flank her!

The incompetence of your teammates and yourself should not be grounds to nerf a hero.

And Mercy was never a must pick and almost always an F tier. She was even considered a troll pick for some time, around when Ana came out I believe. Look at her stats pre-rework and patch notes. She was repeatedly buffed because she was never on par with Zenyatta and Lucio, and Ana (pre-nerf). That’s why for a long time Mercy was a troll pick. The rework put her on S-tier, and slowly nerfed her since, while deleting a core part of her character that didn’t need a change.

8 Likes

Literally rezzing from spawn got fixed a couple months ago.

youtube(.com/watch?v=fOq99YMTtjk
This is what we talk about nowadays though.

#BuffMercy
:pray: :pray:

1 Like

You think that all you want, but with or without mass rez, I know when a team does well and when it doesn’t. Good teams took much better advantage of your rezzes. Fact.

1 Like

You never actually gave a reason why it’s a stupid argument. You just tried to immediately move on.

Old mercy ult wasn’t fun for either team. It gave a serious advantage to the defenders (especially on 2cp) and encouraged hide and seek which wasn’t enjoyable either.

I already answered their question and, quite frankly, I’m tired of explaining it a million times over.

Either team? So you were upset when Mercy pulled of a good rez that allowed you to hold the point? Yeah, I bet.

Hide and rez is also a garbage argument. And yes, that has been explained endlessly as well.

4 Likes

It wasn’t exactly fun sitting there dead praying Mercy could successfully fly in and rez everyone. It wasn’t fun knowing that your healer is actively encouraged to hide from the fray so they can safely get the rez off.

Keep sitting there calling other people’s arguments dumb. It really helps convince people why you are right. And you didn’t explain your argument. You just insulted people after stating the opposite of whatever it was you disagreed with.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn’t mean their argument is “garbage.”

R E A S O N S W E D O N ‘ T K N O W

Yeah

The better option would be to add an ‘E’ and increase the charge cost of Resurrect. Current Mercy still suffers from not having an ‘E’ that can be used in combat to defend herself.

4 Likes

Current Mercy definitely still has issues. I don’t disagree there.

Dude, that’s like what you do with any ult. You pray that they make the most of it. It’s your fault you would sweat it. I don’t think I ever heard my team complain about rez unless it was a bad one, in which case, I already knew I botched it or wasted it. Mercy got compliments all the time for good rezzes. Seems to me like it was a personal issue for you.

I’m not writing a novel for you to blatantly ignore. If you want an explanation, go to the mega thread. It’s been explained there, even by me, and I’m sure others would be more accommodating of your request. I’ve run out of patience with these arguments after how many months now? And people are still peddling nonsense?

No, their argument being bad makes it bad.

Edit: calling an argument stupid isn’t insulting someone

3 Likes

This argument came up on the old forums, and as I recall correctly, there were counterarguments:

A) It was not just DPS mains complaining about it.
B) People’s claims of counterplay to Mercy’s res was (kill her first) - which was a suboptimal argument. Every hero is countered by killing. But an instant ultimate had much less counterplay
C) One ultimate that had the ability to undo the effects of multiple ultimates felt cheap. If you maintained a fair ultimate economy, you’d have a better chance of winning, but the enemy team can also have ultimates that they can dispose.

Not disagreeing that Mercy wasn’t OP before . Just wanted to add some of the counter-arguments from the previous forums.

I feel like this is a history lesson. It feels weird lol.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like there was much of a reason but I’m just like, whatever, let them do what they want with competitive, give me the old Mercy back in some game mode though. Let other people yell about mass res being bad for the game and pick rates and win rates, I’m just trying to have fun.

1 Like

A) Not just Mercy mains want a revert or rework.
B) Many other methods of counterplay of mass rez were given.
C) No ults are fun to play against. And with any of the suggestions people have made for mass rez would make this problem null and void because more counterplay would come into the picture.

1 Like

There’s no statistics, but the anecdotal evidence of only DPS streamers who complain incessantly forms a good argument.

That’s kind of he point. She had a cast time equivalent of the amount of time it took her to reach the end of the animation in Beta, but Blizzard reverted it within a week because it felt awful and she was suddenly useless.

That’s called strategy, Mercy only worked well against bad teams. She still only does that, because bad teams let her get easy rezzes off as has always been. If your team was being countered as soon as they were rezzed eg by a Grav, Mercy’s usefulness is almost zero and you should probably switch to Zen/Lucio instead.

3 Likes

A) True
B) I don’t recall any other than “find her, kill her” or “save ultimates so you can bait it and kill the enemy team again”. What were some of the other suggestions?
C) A lot of the suggestions given were, like LoS and cast time. but were shot down. It’s a little bizarre because then threads came up saying, “Make resurrect her ultimate but give her LoS or a cast time” - the same suggestion people shot down.

Also:

Bear in mind, these are not my feelings on her. I did think Resurrect was a frustrating ultimate but I did not advocate for nerfs or reworks. I am simply stating what was said on the forums at the time of Mercy 1.0 before her rework.

Uh, okay? Never asked you to write a novel, second off, you’re just making an assumption.

You realize this is a discussion board where you are supposed to you know, discuss things right? If you don’t actually want to talk about the thread topic or explain your point of view, that’s fine. But calling other arguments stupid when you aren’t putting forth your own isn’t very compelling.

I don’t disagree that the current rework wasn’t very good. I didn’t find the old rez to be much fun or healthy for the game since it was the only ult that encouraged the Mercy to hide away rather than healing.

I don’t think old mercy was OP / broken, or anything like that.

You wanted an explanation to be given . A full one is a lot of words.

I have already discussed things. How are you missing that after like the third time of me saying this.

2 Likes