[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

McCree is fine statistically, but feels like an absolute punishment to play half of the time.

Statistics don’t pain the full picture.

If they can’t parse through player feedback, then hire people who will summarize the thread weekly, and have them parse through it and engage with people.

Community engagement is not hard. As I said before, in a team of 100+ people, it should not be a chore to get a courtesy PR message to at least give the illusion of devs reading.

Regardless of how you feel about Mercy, one thing is certain. This thread should never have turned into this form of garbage collection.

1 Like

I doesn’t even have variation like a quick Rez that only brings back 30% health but if you hold it brings back more health. I think it should be earned in some fashion such as being an Ultimate exclusive since it is Mercy’s defining ability.

Resurrect seems to hold things back in terms of her current gameplay because it isn’t earned, so the price to use it is what it is now.

That’s the other issue. She feels strong to those around her, but not to the player of her because her baseline power is high. Also she is so dependent on teammates which can make for feelings of helplessness while annoying teammates as you plead with them to peak for you.

I’m more along the lines of reducing her typical healing output, but coupling that with a way to “amp up” the healing because for much of a game that 60 hps is just wasted. IDK maybe an “E” that amps up the healing for a short duration and that provides charging for an earned Resurrect during Valkyrie.

And she alone will survive it… that player has to watch his/her team be demolished while being incapable of doing anything about it when in the past she could possibly save the day.
I guess it’s supposed to be fun watching your teammates die from the sky box… time to fly back to spawn.

Statistically it can be completely countered by a single Winston. His damage is equal to her healing per second and he can hit multiple targets if they are grouped up, her ultimate encourages her team to be that close together. His weapon can go through shields.

Not all comps need everybody to be grouped tightly together to work. Snipers aren’t usually grouped up tightly with the team they are standing back at a vantage point. Flankers usually take a different route to get behind the enemy team to surprise them while the rest of the team is being a distraction and waiting for an opening to push. An opening that their sniper or flanker usually provides.

Her resurrect can only be used at the start of an engagement to negate a pick. That’s assuming the enemy team isn’t being to aggressive since she cannot support her teammates until resurrect is complete. If one player falls that resurrect is wasted/pointless. It can be used at the end of a engagement to quickly bring one player back to the point.

Remove the invincibility and add a short cast time… this would give her a little more counter play and allow them to add a new ability to make her a bit more engaging to play. Believe it or not she was actually considered a garbage pick for a long time… she didn’t get the must pick status until after her re-work.

Basically she is not allowed to save her teammates from certain doom like the other supports… because she’s one star she shouldn’t have that game making potential… if that is the case Soldier 76 shouldn’t have an aim bot ultimate that is capable of destroying an enemy team.

1 Like

Fun is still subjective personally I think mei junk and sombra are fun does that mean that other people like going against them hell no

Community engagement is harder than you think since if the post will get blown up and it’ll be impossible to respond to everyone there aren’t that many hours in a day they still have to test things look at reports rework some f tier hero’s develop a new game mode work on art and renders they still have jobs to do outside of interacting with the community

Jeff said he doesn’t want to hire more people because if he does then they’ll eventually feel like a cog in a machine

The reason it turned into a garbage heap in the first place is you can’t please everybody and if you do you’ll end up pleasing no one

I see your point especially with making res earnable, and I completely agree with making her independent and less reliant on her team. That’s why I’m leaning on a different E ability, but that amp it up idea may be too similar to Lucio. I like mercy’s healing, I prefer it to be consistent which makes Mercy so reliable

And she alone will survive it… that player has to watch his/her team be demolished while being incapable of doing anything about it when in the past she could possibly save the day.

She could save the day only if she hid. If she stayed with the team, she couldn’t save it since she would die. That’s not really the same thing as what Zen and Lucio do when they ult, which requires them to be with the team.

And “in the past” isn’t a valid argument. Genji had an 8 second blade in the past. Should he have 8 second blade again? Should Ana have +100% bonus on her nade again because she once had it? Of course not.

I guess it’s supposed to be fun watching your teammates die from the sky box… time to fly back to spawn.

It’s not fun to lose fights. But it has nothing to do with Valk. If your team got wiped out by ultimates that you couldn’t counter, either your team misplayed or your off-support misplayed or you’re running 2 main healers, in which case, you deserve to be punished even more. In all cases, you got outplayed. The fact that you can’t reset that is exactly how it should be. And that’s fair.

Statistically it can be completely countered by a single Winston. His damage is equal to her healing per second and he can hit multiple targets if they are grouped up, her ultimate encourages her team to be that close together. His weapon can go through shields.

Doesn’t matter. That’s not countering it since that Winston isn’t contributing with his damage that he otherwise would contribute if the Valk isn’t active. And that Winston is very likely going to die if no one is taking damage from him and he isn’t forcing the group to spread out.

Not all comps need everybody to be grouped tightly together to work. Snipers aren’t usually grouped up tightly with the team they are standing back at a vantage point. Flankers usually take a different route to get behind the enemy team to surprise them while the rest of the team is being a distraction and waiting for an opening to push. An opening that their sniper or flanker usually provides.

Snipers don’t require heal unless dived in which case, Mercy is the perfect support to quickly get to them and heal them. Flankers when behind enemy lines are self-reliant and they should not be healed until an actual fight erupts and they come in range. In fact, what you described there is Tracer, not Genji. He plays closer to the team since he is more heal reliant than Tracer.

Her resurrect can only be used at the start of an engagement to negate a pick. That’s assuming the enemy team isn’t being to aggressive since she cannot support her teammates until resurrect is complete. If one player falls that resurrect is wasted/pointless. It can be used at the end of a engagement to quickly bring one player back to the point.

And? How does that change my point? Negating a pick is still very important. Otherwise you snowball since the importance of first blood is high. It’s even possible to use it mid-fight if the enemy is distrated, which does happen fairly often.

Remove the invincibility and add a short cast time… this would give her a little more counter play and allow them to add a new ability to make her a bit more engaging to play.

When she didn’t have invincibility, she was UP. That wouldn’t do it. She would be garbage. The moment she became viable in all ranks and in all compositions was when her Rez gained invuln.

Believe it or not she was actually considered a garbage pick for a long time… she didn’t get the must pick status until after her re-work.

No, she wasn’t. Even during the Ana meta, she was perfectly fine in ranks below Diamond. And after Ana got nerfed and Mercy received invulnerability, she became the best main healer in the game by far.

Mercy vs Ana:

Masters pickrate:
https://plot.ly/~twixsnickers/7/

Masters winrate:
https://plot.ly/~twixsnickers/13/

GM pickrate:
https://plot.ly/~twixsnickers/9/

GM winrate:
https://plot.ly/~twixsnickers/11/

Basically she is not allowed to save her teammates from certain doom like the other supports…

You mean, like off-healers? That’s kinda the point since she’s a main healer, not an off-healer.

because she’s one star she shouldn’t have that game making potential…

She has it. In keeping squishies alive that other healers struggle to. That’s her game making potential. That’s “defensive assists” of which she has the most.

if that is the case Soldier 76 shouldn’t have an aim bot ultimate that is capable of destroying an enemy team.

It’s mathematically impossible for Visor or Nanovisor to get a teamwipe by itself.
And it’s by far the easiest to counter DPS ult even without any abilities or ults, simply by positioning.

You are generalizing the support category. Why do supports need to follow the Main healer does this so they should get this and off-support does this so they can do this.

By that logic, Zarya and Reinhardt one being an off tank and one being the main tank both shouldn’t have a CC ultimate. Zarya should have an ultimate that completely destroys the enemy team like D.va where Reinhardt should be the only one that is capable of CCing. Don’t start sticking supports in generalized categories if you aren’t going to do that with other classes as well. Same goes with Roadhog.

1 Like

Because that’s how it is? Because neither Zen nor Lucio have strong burst healing? This isn’t even a term that I made up. That’s literally an established terminology.

By that logic, Zarya and Reinhardt one being an off tank and one being the main tank both shouldn’t have a CC ultimate. Zarya should have an ultimate that completely destroys the enemy team like D.va where Reinhardt should be the only one that is capable of CCing. Don’t start sticking supports in generalized categories if you aren’t going to do that with other classes as well. Same goes with Roadhog.

No, by that logic, off-tanks should have less damage mitigation abilities than main tanks, which they do. As a compensation for that, they have increased damage output compared to main tanks. All off-tanks are essentially semi-DPS in nature. And as for CC, it isn’t a tank specific ability.

D.va being an off tank has an ultimate with the capability of doing a 1000 damage is a “damage mitigation” ultimate are you serious. Stop being hypocritical.

Are you even reading what I’m saying?

I said, off-tanks have less damage mitigation than main tanks. As a compensation, they have more damage capability.

How in the world does D.Va hypothetically doing 1000 damage contradict that?

By that logic

Main supports, being heroes that don’t offer any damage towards the enemies with their ultimates should have more healing capabilities.

Main supports, being heroes that don’t offer any damage towards the enemies with their ultimates should have more healing capabilities.

Statistically, they do?

Umm no. Healing for me hasn’t changed in any seasons when it came to Mercy so no it hasn’t.

Edit: What has changed is the number of Resurrects I get per round.

This is a joke

Time to move on people, this stuff is just clogging up the forums and going nowhere.

If people want know why these forums are toxic look no further than this rubbish

1 Like

Statistically means more than 1 person. And when you look at global stats, you realize that they do.

Because her ultimate slammed the skill ceiling and the skill floor of this hero together with no room to actually show any growth or skill development in this hero.

Fun fact: it was the REWORK that made her blatantly OP.

1 Like

She always had the highest average healing. Even prior to rework.

So why was there a change to make her more of a healer if she has always been statistically the highest average healer?

Then this rework was bs. If you want to lessen the impact something has on a fight then adjust it to make it more challenging that was easily utilized and make it harder to achieve good results.

Also on the note of that people were asking for an E ability so that they had the engagement in a fight Mercy was lacking and something to do other than sit and bank off of healing and Resurrecting.

3 Likes

I find it concerning…with 14k posts…you’d think they’d care more. OBVIOUSLY it’s a large enough issue.

2 Likes