[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I’m glad you understand :heart:

Mercy isn’t unplayable my hours show that, but the feeling that lack of variation especially with chain healing, damage boost, and Rez make them feel too much like she is in auto pilot and I’m not in control.

Rather than lowering her baseline power and allowing me to spike it (and learn when best too) they kept her baseline power high and flatten the powerspikes.

This is so true. It’s sad. Resurrect on an E removed any room for her ultimate to be impactful as it once was.

1 Like

Ultimates are supposed to counter each other. That’s the point of an ultimate.

That’s false. Some ultimates are supposed to counter each other, not all of them. No main healer can counter ultimates with their ultimate. That’s the job of an off-support.

ABILITIES are supposed to give time for your team to escape through sticky situations. ie. Defense Matrix Zarya Bubble Reinhardt shield Winston Barrier Ana sleep dart Anti nade + Healing buff Lucio Boop/Speed etc.

Matrix doesn’t have the availability that it used to have. Zarya is single target. Shields are bypassable and breakable. Sleep dart is a skill shot. And you don’t have those abilities always available. 15 second of Valkyrie lasts longer than any of that can last.

So D.va’s defence matrix ability has the ability to do that to Reapers ultimate without expending her ultimate so? So what’s the point in having abilities that are equally as impactful in saving your team as an ultimate is?

I’m not sure what’s your point. I specifically said that Valkyrie is not meant to counter ultimates. But it can slightly help. D.Va’s matrix is not always available, espsecially in a team fight and even if it is, it has reaction time. Valkyrie pocket is applied from the start pretty much.

It doesn’t give you extra healing. If it did, this would be an entirely different story. But it doesn’t.

I’m pretty sure that 60 HPs multi target heal is extra healing compared to 60 HPs single target heal. Unless they redefined math from the last time I did it.

You’re completely correct about that! Rez is simply too strong of a normal ability so that’s why the devs are worried about making her ultimate too strong. That’s why even though she is balanced technically, it doesn’t feel that way for the player. I’m all for taking out some of the power in her normal abilities and moving it towards her ultimate, maybe even replacing Rez completely. Just some changes so her ult feels more engaging and impactful.

So basically it is only useful when nobody on either team has an ultimate ready… her ultimate is to weak. The only thing her ultimate brings to the table is flight and a lengthy duration… that’s it. The chains are more likely to get your teammates killed because they have to group up for the chains to work.

Resurrect in its current state is to weak… it can only be used after a fight or before a fight not during a fight, this severely limits her utility.

People wanted her to have a useful ability to make her more engaging… they did not want her ultimate ability to be butchered into a single target ability with a long cast time.

People wanted her to have a useful ultimate ability that is capable of changing the outcome of a fight… they did not want a bunch of regular abilities cobbled together to create a lengthy ultimate ability with a long duration.

I could’ve sworn I got the notification that this thread was moved, I thought for sure it had been merged into the feedback thread. What happened?

Ana’s ultimate is used to counter a defensive support ultimate if that’s what you are trying to imply when it comes to “main healer”
If we are including Moira as a main healer yes her ultimate has the potential to deny ultimates through the amount of healing that she does AND has the potential to kill the enemy in the process through the damage she does as well.

And left click damage can shred through the amount of healing Mercy’s beam can provide so… What’s your point?

DM was changed to 2 seconds and Reaper ultimate is 3 seconds so plus the effects of healing from the supports still alive YEAH… I think it gets countered.

You think Resurrect was always available as well. You think Mercy was always hiding with Resurrect. You think Mercy never got killed by flankers. You think Mercy never got sniped/hacked/booped/slept/earthshattered/solo grav’d before using her ultimate is very BOLD statement.

60HPS to all teammates doesn’t help when they are all dead.

1 Like

Ironically enough, OWL stats show that Valkyrie is pretty lackluster.

I’ve cited this numerous times, but across a sample of around 300 OWL team fights, Valkyrie actually reduces the likelihood Mercy will win a team fight by .5%.

Mathematically speaking, it has little to no impact.

So basically it is only useful when nobody on either team has an ultimate ready…

It’s not her job to counter ults. It’s the job of an off-support. Even if an ult is used to kill her, she can dodge it very easily with her extra mobility. In fact, if the Mercy player reacts properly, she will always survive it.

her ultimate is to weak. The only thing her ultimate brings to the table is flight and a lengthy duration… that’s it.

Do you have any proof about it being too weak?

The chains are more likely to get your teammates killed because they have to group up for the chains to work.

Yeah because fighting on point isn’t a thing at all. And points tend to be super big. Oh wait, they usually are not.

Resurrect in its current state is to weak… it can only be used after a fight or before a fight not during a fight, this severely limits her utility.

Negating a pick is far from weak. 6 people resurrected on average per game doesn’t seem negligible to me.

People wanted her to have a useful ability to make her more engaging… they did not want her ultimate ability to be butchered into a single target ability with a long cast time.

I don’t care about what people wanted? Balance wise, she absolutely didn’t need an extra E ability back pre-rework.

People wanted her to have a useful ultimate ability that is capable of changing the outcome of a fight… they did not want a bunch of regular abilities cobbled together to create a lengthy ultimate ability with a long duration.

Valkyrie is capable of that. Killing pocketed targets without an ult is significantly harder. And if an ult is used, then it’s the job of other support to react.

guys, you been flooding none stop with your threads, they and we all are well aware of you. its getting to the point thats too much. there are docens of other topics that need more priority than yours, specially when you have months to spam yours (also, theres an specific mercy feed for this…).
appearently, other characters and problems (like comp uff) cant take priority away from mercy now…

If you can provide a response showing us that they are well aware of what has happened with our character and why we are disliking her in her current state these posts will never stop.

A dev would’ve come out by saying “Mercy is currently being looked at since a lot of the player base for our beloved angel don’t like her in the state that we have put her in, rest assured we will be looking at her in the near future.”

Until then these posts will not stop because Mercy has a huge player base that is currently unhappy with where she is at right now.

the responses are in the mercy feed, above, in blue…does anyone noticed those specifically?
also, they have to do a lot of things like i told you, you arent the only thing that needs attention.
they develop characters, fix bugs, prepare events, record lines, make coding, make animations, test, they look into the balance of ALL heroes they have put effort on, they coordinate presentations, coordinate with the league, report to the boss, all at the same time. you cant be that egoist and inconsequent, demand their attention and then say they are the bad guys by “not giving it to you”.

Yes the blue post that introduced us to the forum thread to consolidate the negative feedback we have been giving them. I have seen that every time I put a comment/question/adjustment into that thread. Does it take more than a minute to scroll down to the bottom of the thread and write:

Honestly, I don’t think so.

1 Like

lets disregard mei then! am i right? mercy is more important than mei cause mercy has a bigger fanbase!..KAPPA

Ana’s ultimate is used to counter a defensive support ultimate if that’s what you are trying to imply when it comes to “main healer”

That’s 2 ults used to counter 1 ult and even then it’s far from guaranteed since it’s entirely dependent on the user’s skill. For example, Nanoblade has to be pulled off perfectly with no delays and with perfect dash usage to actually burst through transcedence. Unless it’s Grav. But in that case, you can simply grenade the grav and you don’t need to use nano.

If we are including Moira as a main healer yes her ultimate has the potential to deny ultimates through the amount of healing that she does AND has the potential to kill the enemy in the process through the damage she does as well.

Not really. Yeah, theoretically it’s possible but it will rarely happen. Why? Because Moira herself is killable during it. Even if she isn’t targeted (and she will be since the target of DPS ults are enemy DPS and supports, not tanks), she needs to maintain beam perfectly which requires very good tracking and squishy hitboxes are not big. It’s also essentially single-target. Unlike Transcedence or Sound barrier. Mercy also has a more versatile and more ranged heal, which Moira doesn’t. She’s a short-range hero essentially. Coalescence is given as a compensation for that.

And left click damage can shred through the amount of healing Mercy’s beam can provide so… What’s your point?

The fact that it can doesn’t mean that it will happen regularly. Killing a pocketed target with primary fire only is significantly harder than a non-pocketed target. Otherwise you wouldn’t have strats such as “pocket the Pharah” or “pocket the Soldier” or “pocket the Widow” etc. Even Top 500 Tracers don’t try to kill Zen as he’s being pocketed since it’s significantly harder and they know that it’s more likely that they die instead.

DM was changed to 2 seconds and Reaper ultimate is 3 seconds so plus the effects of healing from the supports still alive YEAH… I think it gets countered.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that D.Va in the middle of the fight will have her matrix full and won’t use it for anything else. Not.

You think Resurrect was always available as well.

It was fairly often up, yes. But I’m not sure why you’re bringing that up since enemy ults are not always available either. And that was the thing which was being discussed.

You think Mercy was always hiding with Resurrect.

Most of the time.

You think Mercy never got killed by flankers.

Other supports don’t get killed by flankers? DPS heroes don’t get killed by flankers? What’s your point exactly? Even if you killed her, she would still get taxied from spawn quicker than any other hero. Most of the time, when you killed her first, you actually enabled her to do a mass Rez since she would be back exactly as the fight was ending and her team was dying.

Perfect example:

https://youtu.be/YCqjDKxcVXM?t=4m35s

The next 20-30 seconds. But the whole video is a perfect example of why Mass Rez was absolute cancer to play against.

You think Mercy never got sniped/hacked/booped/slept/earthshattered/solo grav’d before using her ultimate is very BOLD statement.

Other heroes don’t? How is that specific to her? That’s not an argument.

60HPS to all teammates doesn’t help when they are all dead.

I guess they lost to the better team. Seems like how it should be.

That was used because you know I’m right. I didn’t say anyone was more important than my main at this time. She is in a placeholder state but all I would like to see is something that states “Hey, we know that you need something we will be with you soon.” not silence.

1 Like

fun fact, mercy is the 3rd most picked hero overall in OW. 6.17 pick rate with a 53% win rate in masters. 4.3 pickrate with a 55.8% win rate in gm. she sees play in OWL. mercy is balanced.
think her ult is underwhelming? she is still balanced.
think res is clunky? still balanced.

I disagree. Mercy has roughly the same healing output which isn’t restricted by a resource meter, or Moira’s line of sight/range. She is also more mobile with GA than Moira when her team is well positioned. When your team has any game sense, Mercy is a better pick because you can be a bigger threat as far as healing output goes. Moira is a better jack of trades and can switch roles super easily, which is where her strength comes in. Yes if your team isn’t paying attention Moira is a safer pick, but Mercy is the better pick for pure support.

I think few people are asking for a pure buff. People are mainly asking to give back Mercy some sort of skillful impact and make her less tedious to play. Balanced != fun and vice versa. Hell, I’d even take a strict nerf to her if it made her more fun to play.

you arent right at all. if anything i think you didnt even read the first comment cause no one would continue to be so indulgent against hard work people after the facts.
ok, then give them time. they’ll “respond”. as i told you they are bussy, you cant expect them to make an statement about every little thing they do. they have works, we dont (right? at least we are not devs of an enormous game). i would understand you if your demands werent this way. you wont get an answer faster by hitting the phone, they already knoooooooow, everybody knoooooooooows, they cant please every itty bitty demand with an event and heroes reworks this close. let hanzo, reaper, mei, sym and torb have their time first.