[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

2 players shouldn’t be able to out damage your targets cause they won’t be standing out in the open exposed. Tanks protect the team, you use these situations as examples but literally ignore how the game would actually work.

Valk turned the tide with literally no counterplay. NONE. Mercy should not be able to change the entire fight by pressing Q, flying super high, diving down and instant rezzing two players and then leaving with massive self healing and CHAIN healing for the ENTIRE TEAM.

She does not need to be able to change entire team fights with her ult.
Get over yourselves and think about literally anyone except you selfish mercy mains who want your character to be able to change entire fights with no effort.

She’ll never be on the table again cause she’s 6 feet under

But every other support can change the tide of the battle. At this point if I saw a mercy on my team I would ask them to switch. Ana combined with a dps can team wipe, zen and lucio can stop a push in its tracks and moira can make a choke unpassable. Mercy? Valk is a nuisance at best.

Ok cool. And junkrat tire killing 6 people ? Dva killing 6 people? Genji blading and killing at least 3 if not 4 people. Soldier. Tracer. These characters that can kill 3-6 people no problem, that’s ok?

Mercy had counter play. Soldier ult. McCree ult. Junkrat shift. Widow. Widow. Stun. Dva.

As a top 500 I died many MANY times during valk. Often before I resd.

Stop lying. There’s plenty of counter play. More than most other ults even.

1 Like

Mercy has by far the worst ultimate of any healer. And it shows. It’s unipactful, boring and from other mercy players I hear it’s better not to ult at all rather than become a big target in the sky.

They can’t though, Zen can counter Soldier/Genji/Graviton ult and keep the team alive from that, it doesn’t change the entire tide, it’s used as a defensive ult for OTHER ults.
Lucio’s pretty similar, used to counter other ults or give teammates some burst healing.

Moira is good but extremely focused on certain targets and unless both teams are grouped up you either heal or damage.
Ana’s ult is used on her teammates, she has to rely entirely on her team with her ult and it is just used to boost ults/teammates that would probably get kills anyway.

Moira’s ult can chain kill faster than you can think especially during a push.

Cool. And what ults does valk counter ?

Counterplay to tire, shooting it or shielding it. D.va’s ult is super easy to avoid, genji is super easy to shut down or counter with lucio/zen ult.

if she has bad positioning then soldier/mccree can get her, but literally no other healers have to be focused during their ult as hard as mercy did. She also has great self healing that can’t be stopped during ult.
Junkrat shift getting her? yeah good joke. Good enough widow to hit her outside of pro play, good joke, her mobility was insane. Stun? In the air? D.va killing her? in the air? good joke.

maybe in top 500 you got killed was because you didn’t play well cause you got boosted as a mercy one trick and now you’re dropping due to mercy not being OP team carrier.

they just fixed her so she’s off the table.

The game feels a lot more fun without her.

When mercy rezzes me mid fight, I feel like I have an extreme obligation to absolutely NOT die in that fight.

her rez feels valuable now instead of an on demand thing

2 Likes

That’s not it’s purpose, it’s not used for countering. It’s used for engaging and topping up/giving big damage output. It can be paired with genji blade to fly and keep him alive and damage boost just like Ana.

I wouldn’t want a mercy on my team right now. So many other healers can do her job better and be more interesting to play.

Well you’re not the brightest then. I like mercy cause she has massive heals, rez and a good ult for engaging.

the only table mercy is on is on the autopsy table

hahaha jokes aside her ult needs to be engaging and to a lesser importance, her rez needs to be earned.

edit: because people are going to take the joke the wrong way (because it just happens ya know not really a bad thing) i don’t think mercy is dead. she’s still p viable

Look dude. Literally every post of yours has been trying to insult me. It’s not working. Haven’t you noticed ? All the counters you lost for tire are the same for mercy res.

Clearly you’re a troll. So I’m done wasting time on you.

That’s the biggest thing people are upset about is how boring and unengaging her ult is. They should have added something to replace the rez in it.

Insults where? I’ve been talking strictly arguments. People disagreeing with you isn’t “trolling”, and no, tire was nothing similar to valk. 100 hp that can do nothing until it’s LITERALLY RIGHT IN YOUR FACE and has less mobility than Mercy.

When you take something big out of an ult and don’t replace it and instead you just fly up and hold left click it’s not the most fun thing to do.

Ok yeah I agree it may not be the most fun and engaging, but you can’t say it’s terrible and has no use.

What I’m saying is it need fixing. It’s a double sided coin. On one side it’s weak and lackluster. And on the other side it’s boring and unfun. That adds up to 2% pickrate and angry mercy mains.