Fed up with LGBT thread hijacking

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This argument is especially hilarious. If the game were a realistic reflection of world population statistics, there would be more Asian characters than white characters, and slightly more female characters than male characters.

I get the feeling that those who cry over “muh statistics” wouldn’t actually want the game to be like that. Gee, I wonder why. :thinking:

Anyway, I’m just as tired as you of people whining about the Forced Diversity Boogeyman, so this was refreshing.

1 Like

That or people just don’t care and are fine to let people do what they want as long as it doesn’t interfere with their lives.

I don’t care about your sexuality or race and I think that seems to be the opinion of most people nowadays I think.

Of course there are those that try to force their opinions on others or their opinions and behavior starts to affect me/others then I have an issue with you.

I will be against those homophobic racist turds that are intolerant of a certain race or group .

I will also be against those LGBT groupies that try to force their opinion on everyone and everything and call you sexist or racist if you call them out on their BS.

5 Likes

this is me reading your post op

4 Likes

2 Likes
https://i.imgur.com/RwOn0QQ.gif

Memes aside, the “don’t care - don’t click” thing doesn’t apply here. As said numerous times: People who “don’t care” do care. Specifically, they care about putting their 2 cents in about why these types of threads should just stop.

At least let others make threads about this. You’ve already made 50% of them.

1 Like

I’m sorry people have gone through and gotten your threads locked, OP. I’ve read most of them and they were all well put conversations ruined by people going out of their way to be offended by something, which is odd because that same group of people tends to be the ones complaning about how much “SJWs” are offended by everything. I would put in a support ticket with Blizz to talk about it so we can hopefully get the amount of false reporting on the forums looked at and have action taken against people who are false reporting just because they don’t like it.

4 Likes

Can the real issue of these types of threads be called out, please? If you don’t know, it’s spammy. YES. IT IS. It’s just as bad as the Mercy posts. It really is. I log in every few days to forums and you know what I see? Same old locked threads of a topic that really has no impact on the game. It really doesn’t.

I agree with you, OP, but the thing I have issue with on these forums about such threads and the like is the discrimination. And probably not in the way most might think.

What isn’t fair is that anything calling attention to a characteristic that isn’t PC safe (like LGBTQ) gets locked and the poster flagged and most likely silenced. People can’t post things like, “I want more Irish heroes” or “I want a new Hetro hero”. <-- GETS FLAGGED. It’s not any more worse or safe than “LGBTQ”, but it’s not serving any SJW agenda so it gets punished. THAT IS DISCRIMINATION. It goes both ways. You can’t say this or that is okay but another vein of life isn’t. DON’T DISCRIMINATE (not accusing you, OP, just stating). But the Forums and its moderators do. That’s not at all fair. If XYZ group can post about 123, then why can’t ABC group do the same?

Now, I’m not talking about the whole hijacking of threads - because that’s BS to do no matter what the thread - but a hetro-centric post does not get the leeway a SJ post will. They don’t. I understand how they would comment on a LGBTQ post because that post will be up for a long time, if not indefinitely, whereas a htero-centric post will be immediately ban-hammered. That doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do, but I understand the logic behind it.

That kind of discrimination is.not.okay.

But why is it like this? Because action cannot be taken against LGBTQ posts without the company facing legal action. But repressing talk of other topics is perfectly safe, legally, because they are not an oppressed peoples. Well, what about the homeless representation? Or the impoverished’s oppression? That’s been around just as long (although probably longer than) LGBTQ issues. In many ancient cultures, LGBTQ was not an issue and openly acknowledged but the impoverished were always shunned. Why is one topic ‘safe’ but others silenced?

But in closing, the LGBTQ threads are a problem because:

1. they are spammed everywhere, on forums and in life and people want to limit their exposure to the agendas. That’s fair. It can be a topic on here but I understand people wanting it [agendas] to be out of their escape mediums. This does not condone disrespect from either side in the posts.

2. No one can say anything against the posts without being falsely reported and indiscriminately ban-hammered with no consideration for appeals.

3. No one can post about non-LGBTQ orientation without unfair and biased actions by both the community and moderators. This is discrimination.

And many are afraid to comment on this as they will likely be falsely reported and silenced (with appeals ignored because Blizz really doesn’t do appeals, anyway, as we all know).

In fact - although I hope this isn’t the case - people will probably troll this comment by falsely reporting it. It makes me sad to think of all the people participating in this thread that are being falsely reported and banned because others can’t handle arguments and discussions. That’s what a forum is for.

*forum (fôrˈəm, fōrˈ-)►
n. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
n. A public meeting place for open discussion.
n. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

Again, I hope that won’t happen - as I have been nothing but polite - but the amount of immaturity on this forum is disgusting.

***And just as a side note trying to post this, Blizzard literally blocked the word H e t e r o stating it was “not allowed”, classifying it as a swear word and forcing a word change. Tell me again, forums, how that’s not discrimination or oppression?

*oppression (ə-prĕshˈən)►
n. The act of oppressing; arbitrary and cruel exercise of power: "There can be no really pervasive system of oppression . . . without the consent of the oppressed” ( Florynce R. Kennedy).
n. The state of being oppressed.
n. Something that oppresses.

Anyway, people, just be supportive of your community as much as you can. If you’re challenged, try to give a little more. It takes all sides to close a wound.

10 Likes

Stop with all those facts!

Feelings are all that matters.

Nice post by the way.

2 Likes

I have, thank you

. Id honestly encourage everyone who’s tired of these threads getting shutdown to also send support tickets about anti-lgbt false-flagging. We might get a blue post.

Its absurd that we cant even have a conversation. It needs to stop.

4 Likes

Already was flagged…

And here we see people flagging posts because they don’t like or agree with it… again…

Like I’m not saying you guys have to agree - because you don’t. But nothing OP said was outright spam or trolling.

They’re allowed to have their opinions, as are you. Geez.

1 Like

It’s spam when OP has made 3 LGBT threads, and when there are already ~3 other LGBT threads on the front page.

2 Likes
  1. OP got their threads locked numerous times due to people HIJACKING them and making them spiral. All we want is peaceful conversation.
  2. This post isn’t actually clamoring for a new hero, the OP just wants to know why these topics are getting different treatments. Different types of discussion.
  3. There’s been hundreds of “nerf brig” “nerf hanzo” “I quit” threads on the daily - why aren’t those getting mass-flagged and constantly locked?

I’ll try, but unsure what to say… ):

3 Likes

If people are seriously hijacking a thread and breaking ToS, they should be reported and suspended.

That should stop the hijacking.

No I absolutely agree.

So why does he keep making them anyway if they’re just going to get flagged? The first thread (that wasn’t flagged) had peaceful conversation. OP just didn’t want to see it that way.

Still falls under LGBT discussion

Because unfortunately, a lot of the forum agrees with those.

this is quite the toxic thread.

1 Like

No they don’t want to have a fun discussion. You want to peddle an agenda and people see through it. You think this is our first rodeo with SJWs?

3 Likes