Fed up with LGBT thread hijacking

Maybe they’ve been unlocked, but I know for a fact that mine was locked and a few others have had theirs locked too. And even if not; they’ve always gotten derailed into something toxic when the original post just wants to have a fun discussion.

4 Likes

I’m guessing it was mods assuming you were trolling. Not saying you were, but like I said–many of those threads are made out of spite to antagonize others, so it’s likely moderation mistook your post for trolling.

Also, OP should be able to vent. If people can vent about changes they really don’t like to certain heroes or the current meta, why shouldn’t they vent about this?

2 Likes

-Sighs in gay japanese-

5 Likes

Nice thread, I agree with pretty much said, too bad some of these things flew over some people in this thread.
Just ignore people trying to troll or being rude.

1 Like

Tbh it’s over the top and unnecessary how many threads about this there are. And now people are making counter threads too. So yeah the threads are forum trash since we already know theres more heros that are gay. Your asking for something we already have and its not lore that should take away from trickle of lore we already barely get. OW has a pretty cool story to tell and it will all come out eventually gay heros and all. Just wait patiently like literally everyone else is.

7 Likes

Classifying yourself as a sexuality, race or gender enforces discrimination. You’re a person, not a race or gender or sexuality.

If you want to stop people classing people as X Y or Z, stop using at the forefront of persality.

Who cares if a hero is gay or straight, black or white? It doesn’t matter. If you want everything to be equal, just ignore it. Like op said in the post, solider doesn’t walk around saying he’s white and nobody picks him for that reason. If you ask people about solider they say he is a veteran super solider doing vigilante work.

If you want everybody to be equal, the things that supposedly “devide” them need to made redundant

19 Likes

Reaper most likely.

2 Likes

i think “Grumpy grandpa” more fitting for Jack.

2 Likes

At this point it is no longer a conversation. It has become spam. There are TONS of threads on the subject, there is no reason we need tons of new ones every single day.

14 Likes

Stop playing the victim card, if you don’t want others opinion just don’t post on the forum in the first place.
There have been trolls since the dawn of time, the snowflake generation on the other hand is fairly new.
Besides LGBT people (and I honestly have nothing personal againt the way they chose to live their sexuality) we don’t see any minority or even majority ask for specific characters daily.
They said it was coming, it’s coming, just be patient and late haters hate, creating topics like this won’t bring anything good 90% of the time, you’re allowed to create it tho so… :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

It’s telling that the response to “stop hijacking threads asking for LGBT characters” is frequently “let’s not forget the real victims here – straight people”. Yikes.

18 Likes

Actually, I do flag those too. But we only get so many flags per day.

2 Likes

Yeah lol I was gonna say, people do get pretty sick of a lot of those threads

4 Likes

I get they only want representation and im not against it

But im slightly tired of it as well

We barely get any lore at all,

7 Likes

I think that the only people who care this much about which ficitional character likes which genitals are a vocal minority of the LGBT crowd.

If it was revealed today that Moira and Hanzo are gay, McCree is bisexual, Symm is asexual, and Winston is transgender… would it suddenly improve the game for you? I honestly don’t think it would.

I think people are losing site that it’s a game. Not a platform to push ones ideology upon everyone else.

10 Likes

What if I told you.

that blizzard

revealing who the heroes are

doesnt stand in the way of lore

3 Likes

You’re fed up with thread highjacking, and i’m just here fed up with the forum spam that are the threads demaning representation.

If it is forced, it is bad. Let Blizz do their thing. It will happen, just be patient. Then again, what do I know? I’m just an angry straight white male!

15 Likes

the fact that the op is hidden due to flags is so effing telling

but it also has the most likes of any post in this thread.

(the only silver lining to all of this is that at least threads are getting locked instead of just being outright 404ed like they were on the previous forum)

3 Likes

The neverending stream of irrelevant threads absolutely is a nuissance. Even more, what happened to people just being people and games being games. It’s not “I do not care” argument. I hope Overwatch can avoid sexuality as much as possible, the more the better.
It does feel unnecessary and unneeded in this kind of game. I don’t want my favourite game to turn from game into some…statement or political gesture regarding sexual minorities. From game with heroes into sexual diversity show. That’s not what games are for, Overwatch already plays that angle with different cultures and nations being represented and that I love.

8 Likes

I say let people post on anything they want. As long as they don’t break rules it’s fine.

Not agreeing with someone isn’t against forum rules

1 Like