Fear for Tanks is Real.. (Super POV)

Now I’m scared.

When he said on live that tanks were all the way at the bottom, I don’t think he was being biased…

The new gameplay footage of D.Va on New York literally showed him melting in the first 2 seconds and demeching.

He could only survive if he had 2 supports right by himself.

Baby D.Va is still hot garbage.

4 second defense matrix is going to make up for her fat Critical Box.
Now I’m scared.

I was hoping that D.Va would get a headshot resistance… but NOPE :slight_smile:

67 Likes

will you relax? things are still subject to change, but of course
If you are unwilling to believe it will change then your opinion will never change

34 Likes

It’s ok, at least our queue times will be instant now :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

tbf no one felt useful besides Zen and the clunky Brig

1 Like

Maybe Tanks get a passive where their critical damage received is 50% less.

I.e. 1.5x instead of 2.0x

2 Likes

The “Big Chungus DPS” Tank feel doesn’t look good right now to be honest. Saw how Super got instant melted lol

19 Likes

Just to clear things up and give a little context to the 2 second melting.

Super went forward, then under a bridge to get to the point of defense quickly after sustaining damage.

This however, led him right into the LOS of the entire enemy team longer than it should and they shot him down without any hesitation.

To give a similar example, this is the equivalent of Super dropping right under the bridge when the enemy is close to pushing the cart instead of going upwards, leading to a lot of exposure and chance for the enemy to shoot him in the back,

Super took a risky move instead of the more cautious one (Where he could’ve gone above but it’s highly possible he didn’t knew at the time, or banked on the fact he could’ve made it to the other side in time.).

Edit: Here, I’ll even go frame by frame.

At 28 seconds in, at their first engagement, Super took 200 hp damage and dropped down, instead of banking upwards.

Then going to boost, he narrowly gets across but got demech, even so, it still got him far enough to the point where he could’ve recovered if he hadn’t been demech.

4 Likes

I’m just going off of what All the tank players have been saying about Tanks.

I know things are subject to change… I’m just stating my current opinion. :slight_smile:

It’s still painful to watch.

Also, D.Va bomb is useless. Used as a free remech, great to see that.

5 Likes

Instant because there’s only like 20 people that still play the game after all this nonsense lol

16 Likes

You can say that things are subject to change, and they will change, but it’s mind blowing that this is where balance currently stands.

That the developers think that this is around where the game should be.

38 Likes

If that was pulled on live, Super would’ve still suffered the same thing and prob get chewed out on it.

At a lower rank, he might have gotten away with it but this are OWL players, they saw that moment and punish it accordingly.

And D.Va bomb at OWL levels has always been useless since no one falls for it. Aside from remech and point denial, it’s always been that way.

4 Likes

Nah, it is the same game as Live.

DPS // Hitscan + Zen eat up Tanks even with a duo.

Just 1 less tank, with tanks with mediocre changes.

13 Likes

You’re basically saying that because the tank didn’t hide behind cover properly, they died really fast.

Most of the game as it stands requires you to engage the enemy, aka, not be hiding behind cover.

Also I think it’d be counterintuitive to go over the bridge, given that your healers will have a harder time getting to you and it would take longer, going up and over, rather than just under. he was already basically at the entrance of under.

Seems like you’re pinning a lot of hope on the new rework not being tankmelting garbage on what’s ultimately one snap decision by one person. They still melted D.Va super fast, that’s kinda the point.

13 Likes

I have to assume D.va akin to Rein and Winston. Will be recieving tweaks to her kit as well, while she’s always been slightly more DMG focused like Hog. She doesn’t have the survive-ability comparatively.

I’d be curious what they are going to do with her. :thinking:

The headshot resistance would be a nice change, but would it be enough?

3 Likes

No head-shot is too much.

I think 25% less headshot damage could be nice.

5 Likes

Honestly considering her head is entirely encased I think no headshot damage would make sense; she’s got the least amount of protection and damage ability of ANY tank with a 3 second defense matrix and nothing else. Roadhog can instantly heal himself for 300 and has damage reduction during it; no headshot damage on D.va just… makes sense.

3 Likes

Yes? Even Rein don’t put their shield up the whole time since that waste needless shield HP point. This is just basic knowledge of OW. Avoid taking needless damage is OW fundamentals, even on live.

Also, why would it be counter-intuitive? His team literally had the highground, going over would’ve taken 1 second longer but it certainly is safer. Taking the under bridge was taking a risky move, and he paid for it. It’s not like there’s a skybox blocking him (Unless he didn’t realized it, which makes sense why he didn’t take it.).

Heck, in live now, Super would’ve still been melted anyways if he pulled that stunt. The whole new rework is often more dive-oriented, and aggression is the way to go. Which is what I want.

Now if they nerf some of the hitscans (Hitscans quite literally took the show here.), I’ll be a happy man.

3 Likes

And I like it, fights actually felt like fights, not two sides plinking shields away and losing a member is damaging as well as meaningful.

Yeah for DPS, they are more alive than Tanks.

Looks fun for them.

23 Likes

Yup, and tanks is basically a fat DPS which makes it an all out DPS brawl.

I hate Dva but I like the way the direction of the fights is going at least.