Story time:
A close XBL friend of mine was watching a famous streamer VOD review one of his mods. He saw that this mod, an XB player, is someone he and I quite regularly encounter in our gameplay. The VOD review quite clearly showed what appears to be usage of MNK in a console match.
My friend pointed out in the live comments that the footage looked like MNK. His comment was immediately deleted and he was silenced by this streamer.
Fast forward about two weeks and low and behold we wind up in a match with this player. I begin talking crap in match chat about how he is MNK and how he is a cheater who was hardstuck and needed it to climb.
Our confrontation spills over to XBL, where he never openly denies his MNK usage, rather makes constant jokes about myself and excuses about how he “doesn’t need to justify anything” (pure psychological deflection).
I’ve watched this vod review and I’ve rewatched footage from matches I’ve played with this guy, and it’s quite obvious he is MNK. On top of this, this player had an open profile where you can see how much his overall accuracy improved as he climbed. Blanket increases in 5-15% accuracy with literally every hero he played, and a shift from projectile heroes to more hitscan heroes.
He went from hardstuck 2k SR to just shy of 4k in 4 seasons, purely with hitscan. His use of projectile heroes entirely ceased.
I brought all this up in our conversation to which he acted like this wasn’t his only account, yet his XBL profile has a +30k gamerscore (it’s definitely his OG account). I could honestly care less about the rank thing, although if that’s the case then he’s a Smurf, an equally offendable issue, or he got boosted (lmao).
My problem is how this streamer could so openly support the cheating his own mods are doing. I’ve unsubscribed and haven’t watched a single video of his since our interaction. I will protect this streamer’s name, but I don’t want to.
I just don’t see how any of this is ever held accountable and it’s honestly grotesque. I guess it makes sense they produce content for Blizzard.