Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

Got the Symmetra, just haven’t got the Mercy.

I alternated between using my phone and PC and know I’ve accumulated at least 20 hours.

Well I will keep checking, I got the sym skin, but its been almost a day since I should have gotten Mercy.

Got Sym skin but not Mercy skin. Firefox browser on Windows PC. Ublock on but didn’t interfere with Sym skin. Watched the last 3-5 streams of October. Will wait until Nov 2nd to see if I get Mercy skin after 48 hours. Will update if so.

The specific shows that I watched

• October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]

Still nothing yet. if this is how it’s going to be, I’m not bothering anymore.

5 Likes

Watched all expect for two but it didn’t give me the sym skin until I watched around one hour in mozilla firefox but mercy is a no go still I am holding my breath that maybe it hasn’t process yet but idk

I’m also getting no Mercy skin but I got the Sym skin.
I’ve watched most of these streams and at least over 20 hours.

I got the Symmetra skins but not the Mercy ones.

Streams watched:
October 15th @ 11 PM PDT - Korea Quarterfinals and Semifinals
October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1] - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:40:30
October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2 - EU & NA Combined Time: 8:08:51
October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2 - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:45:58

Troubleshooting: Completed steps 1-5 and 7-8. For 10 I used Google Chrome, but did not try other browsers. For 11 on the last day I was watching on my Samsung tablet. Before this I watched it on my PC and earned the Symmetra skin.

Blizzard account country: United States

First of all, thanks for creating this post WyomingMyst

I’ve got Symmetra’s skin but not Mercy’s skin (I’ve just checked it again right now).

I’ve watched:

October 20th @ 2 PM PDT - South America Week 4 Semifinals and Finals
October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1
October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 1 - EU & NA
October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1
October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2

I don’t know what is my problem, because i still can see the green dot and all my streams seem normal. i use pc , Window 10 and Google Chorme . I tried to fix this with all the tips in Support channel (not mute, try to clear out my web browser, use Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome.,) but its did not work. I have not got the Mercy’s skin yet . I really want it

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the post.

Watched the following:

• October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1
  • October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 - EU & NA Combined Time: 9:19:30
  • October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1 - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:40:30
  • October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2 - EU & NA Combined Time: 8:08:51
  • October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2] - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:45:58

Easily should have obtained the Mercy skin, but the Sym has popped up.
Had green dot throughout viewing the streams, through PC.
My friend and I both watched at the same time, as discussed on Discord, but he obtained the Mercy skin :confused:

1 Like

Hey wyomingmyst, thanks for setting this up couldnt find any post about this till now. (in oce)ive gotten the sym skin but not the mercy skin . ive watched throughout 22 till the 31st and ive not run ad block on any occasion / ive had the green icon throughout the entire stream. thanks and hope u can figure something out

I wasn’t aware of those skin drops, where do i see the next ones?
So i know when i will have to attend :grin:

(i just don’t want to miss tracer)

From the msg in ow i could only take as much as “watch all of contenders”
Which is just to much😅

Is there a way to know the skins before?

Hello!
I watched all streams 29,30 and 31 November 2020г. I didn’t get the skin on Mercy, but only got a skin for Symmetra.
All the time I was logged in on the site and green icon throughout the entire stream.
I play on a European server.

They reveal 2 new skins for 2 heroes every month , last month was sym and Mercy ,this month we got Torb and Lucio , and please if you want to discuss and ask questions go to the other thread this one is for reports , etc.

Hey, WyomingMyst, thanks for setting this up.

I didn’t get both the Sym and Mercy skins.

I watched from the 20th through to the 30th using Chrome, no blockers and cleared cookies. Green light throughout.
Considering the streams were at 5am AEST, I did turn the stream on and leave it playing while I went back to sleep.
The stream tab was open but the video player was muted.
When I woke up the account was still logged in but it went into playing the video playlist after the stream ended.

Thanks for this thread, I appreciate the troubleshooting tips.

Hi, I tuned in for the full 5 and a half hours on Oct. 20, about an hour and a half on Oct 22, 6 and a half hours on Oct. 25, around 7 hours Oct. 28, about 7 hours Oct. 29, and the the full 7 hours and 45 minutes Oct. 31. (Total: ~35 hours)

I received the Symmetra skin somewhere between the 23 and 27, not sure of exact day. I have yet to receive the Mercy skin. I checked yesterday after the stream, and today (Nov. 1) as well.

I play on NA, use Firefox with no addons or adblock, watched on the Contenders site, and have never had any trouble receiving drops before. I had the green light on the whole time, except for once or twice where it disappeared for a bit (I refreshed and it reappeared). I have never seen the red light at all. I hope this is simply a delay problem, but I figured I’d report it just in case.
Thanks for all your hard work Wyoming and all the Blizzard employees who I know must be scrambling to find a fix. Also, all of the Contenders crew is great, we should give them a huge pat on the back too.

Got the Sym skin but still no Mercy, watched at least 25 hours to be sure on the last week of October whilst logged in with the correct drops enabled message on video. Hopefully it drops.

This thread has like 80 people who watched the amount of hours needed but didn’t get the Mercy Contenders skin… WyomingMist is doing a great job at trying to help us. There must be someone at Blizz HQ who is able to verify the hours watched based on our Blizz IDs. I hope that those who haven’t received the Mercy drop despite watching 20+ hours or more will get their skins unlocked manually. Like that guy who got the Noire skin after sending a letter to Jeff. The event didn’t work as intended and I hope this will be fixed…

3 Likes

I’ve watched the Europe and North America Streams, along with the China streams as well. I’ve also caught the tail end of one of the Australia streams. I haven’t gotten any of the skins yet. I’ve signed in to my Blizzard account and everything. I’m a console player, and I’ve linked my PSN to my Blizzard account if that’s important. (My region is North America.)

I got the Symmetra skin with zero problems, but I haven’t gotten the Mercy skin. Everything is alright and I’ve watched well over 20 hours of Contenders on my MacBook. I’ve been using Google Chrome and green dot is showing etc.