Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

Thank you for your effort on clearing up how to earn the skins.

I watched both upper brackets and part of the lower bracket on October 18-20th. I watched minimum of 15 hours for October and kept track of my hours. I read the forums, did ever troubleshooting option and ensured that I qualified. Fortunately, I received the Symmetra skin but not the Mercy skin.

I wish it was like the old days when you could earn skins by linking your account and watching on Twitch. It felt more smooth and there were little sections by the panels to see your progress, I miss that. I really miss being able to choose who you wanted to watch, as a support main, it was the whole purpose of the All-Access Pass. The pass chat to ask questions directly to pros, it was all truly so amazing.

After they swapped platforms, its unenjoyable: there are no clips that we can share and earning in game loot is more frustrating than ever. We can’t even attend LANs or Cons; it is all just a huge bummer.

Do you know if the skins will be released again for Gauntlet? I’d really appreciate another chance to earn the skins.

Thank you again for your time and I hope we get another chance.

Man Wyoming you are the MVP for sticking around to try and help

Weird thing is I finally got my Torb and lucio skin after waiting for a week but I haven’t gotten around to using them yet only because I love torb’s beach skin (because it’s funny) and lucio’s winter fox skin

So I have news, I got a skin for Torbjorn, I’m this because now I’m sure that the inhabitants of Ukraine can receive it, but the question remains, I also watched the streams when they gave skins for Mercy and Simettra, but they didn’t give them, Wyoming thank you for your work and helping others!

Lamentablemente aun no tengo la skin de Mercy contenders
MrRivera01 #1598

Finally got the Lucio skin after today’s games.
Feels like some streams give credit and some don’t… like has been suggested on this thread.

4 Likes

I feel like I’m in the same boat as many other people. Had zero problems with the new Torb and Lucio skins. But when it came to Symmetra and Mercy skins, I only received the Symmetra one. Hopefully they get the problems ironed out so everyone can enjoy the skins!

Hello and thanks for your help WyomingMyst !

I get the Symmetra’s skin in october, and i get the Lucio’s and Torbjorn’s skins in November.

I’ve watched all the Europe and Ameria contenders streams in october.
My watchlist is :

• Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1
  • North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1
  • Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1
  • North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1
  • Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
  • North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
  • Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2
  • North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2

I checked my hero gallery since these days but still no Mercy’s skin.
I have done everything on the troubleshooting list and when the green dot system appeared it was already green and stayed green all the time.

I’m a resident of France and my Blizzard account is also located in France.

I received the Torb and Lucio skins, but still no Mercy or Symmetra. I hope they can fix this bug or give us another chance. I wish we could just watch contenders through the Overwatch League app or Twitch.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for creating this thread, WyomingMyst.

I’ve not got both skins: Symmetra and Mercy (I’ve just checked it again right now). I’ve watched Europe, Korea and NA streams.

Thanks in advance.
Kiki

UPDATE: I received the Torb and Lucio skins, but still no Mercy or Symmetra. I would like they give us another chance. :sweat: :cry: :sob:

1 Like

Thanks for trying to fix this issue!

I got Symmetra’s skin back in October, as well as Torb and Lucio for this month.

However, I watched about at least 20 hours or so last month and I did not get Mercy’s skin.

I believe that I watched the following streams:
Oct 28 Europe/NA Stream
Oct 29 Europe/NA Stream
Oct 30 Europe/NA Stream
Oct 31 Europe/NA Stream

My country of residence (and which my account is tied to) is South Africa, and I have been able to earn and redeem other skins fine.

I really hope this gets sorted out and that I can get Mercy’s skin, Thanks!!

• Lil

Edit: For troubleshooting, I tried logging in and logging out, tried it on not only my Computer via Chrome, but on my phone via Samsung Internet as well, all with the Green dot present. Yet I still didn’t receive Mercy’s skin - it felt like I watched for Lucio and Torb for way less time…

Any news on the Mercy contenders skin?

1 Like

Me too.
Iv got symetra, but not mercy.
Many thanks

1 Like

I received the Symmetra skin but not the mercy skin despite watching all the streams from all regions both in Chrome on my computer and on my browser on my phone. My battle.net account was definitely connected, the streams weren’t muted and were constantly playing. If this could be fixed it’d be awesome! Many thanks

1 Like

I didn’t get the sym or mercy skins and I’ve been watching every contenders game from beginning to end. Had my account linked and signed in while watching. Very disappointed.

I did not receive the Mercy skin, sadly.

Watched like 25 hours and only got the symmetra skin.

So I’d like to post an update. I’ve now received both Torbjörn and Lucio skins without issue, using the same method as I’ve mentioned before, after watching about 16 hours of livestreams.
Still no Mercy skin, however.
Again, thank you so much for investigating this!

I have watched the streams from Oct 28th - Oct 31st plus some more hours of various streams. I’ve received only the Sym skin.

I can confirm 2 days ago I got the Lucio skin but still not the Mercy one.
I hope they do something about it in the end.
They could have just given it to everyone who at least got the Symmetra one.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about those skins. I received Sym and watched enought hours to get Mercy but the skin never drop… Also I received the Torbjorn and Lucio skin few days ago, so everything works fine.

Maybe Blizzard can give us a second chance to get the Mercy Contenders Skin because a lot of people have had the same issue. It will be great.

4 Likes