Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

I also have not received the Mercy skin, though I have received the other three. It would be nice if there was a way to determine the amount of watch time registered in the system to see if there were any issues and determine the amount of streams left to watch. I also would appreciate a chance to earn the Mercy skin again.

1 Like

Hey everyone, just as a heads up, I will NOT be starting another thread for anyone who didn’t get the November Torbjorn and Lucio skins. The reason for this is that from what I can tell, a very high majority of viewers have had no problems earning these two skins.

Once again, don’t despair if you have not earned the Mercy skin, I am still sticking on that issue but waiting for news on Blizzard on this.

16 Likes

I can confirm, already got Torbjorn and Lucio’s skins last week. And just as a double confirmation, I did exactly the same viewing methods than October for Symmetra and Mercy (never got Mercy)

1 Like

I didn’t see this new thread until now, but I had posted in the previous thread on October 30. I did receive the Symmetra skin after I posted, but not the Mercy skin. I have also received the Torbjörn and Lúcio skins in November.

Which streams did you watch?

• October 20th (South America Week 4 Semifinals and Finals) - 5:39:10

• October 28th (Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 and North America Week 4 Bracket Round 1) - 9:19:30

• October 29 (Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1 & North America Week 4 lower Bracket Round 1) - 7:40:30

• October 30 (North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2) - ~4:00:00

• October 31 (Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2 & North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2) - 7:45:58

Total time watched: ~34:25:08

What troubleshooting did you attempt to complete?

Hardware platform (Personal Computer, Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Android Device, Apple Device, etc.) :

• I tried watching on Mac and iPad. I play on Playstation 4.

Platform’s Operating System or firmware version (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, Xbox One version 10.0.16299.5101, PlayStation 4 version 5.53, Android Oreo 8.1, iOS 11, etc.) :

• My Mac is running MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina, iPad is on iPadOS 14.0.1, and my Playstation is on system software 8.00

App or Web Browser and current version (Overwatch League App on Android, Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181, etc):

• On Mac, I tried both Google Chrome 86.0.4240.111, and Safari version 14.0.
  • On iPad I used Safari.

A VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF STEPS YOU HAVE TRIED:

• I delinked and relinked my PS4 account to my Battle Net (this worked when I was having trouble with the OWL Tracer skin)
  • I cleared browser cookies for both Safari and Chrome browsers
  • I changed my Battle Net password and logged back in on both devices. My account does show that I am logged in on those browsers
  • I watched the stream while no other applications were running and no other tabs were open.
  • No second monitor is attached.
  • Stream was not muted.
  • Green dot was showing (the last three days that it was available)

What is the resident country your Blizzard account assigned to?

• I live in the USA

Okay everyone, I have some good news… not a perfect solution, but good. There will be a second chance to earn Symmetra and Mercy again in December by watching 18 and 20 hours respectively after earning Junkrat (7 hours) and Zenyatta (15 hours) for the upcoming Overwatch Contenders Gaunlet Tournaments. I wish there was a more direct way to earn these skins for those who had technical issues, but this at least gives another chance to get them.

6 Likes

Does this mean I have another chance of getting Atlantic all star mercy after having issues with buying it the first time?

No, that is an entirely different issue not related to the problems I investigated this thread. This is about a skin stream drop. If you had problems purchasing OWL tokens and spending them to get an OWL skin, you would have needed to address that at the time that promotion from 2019 ran.

1 Like

I feel like it should have been the mercy skin at 18 hours and then the sym at 20 since most people got the sun instead of the mercy but I am glad it’s back for a second chance

Stan that (20 characters)

@ WyomingMyst will you tell us again which game can get skin??

Um… Overwatch.

Or are you asking what matches? There will be a series of matches for the upcoming Overwatch Contenders Gauntlet Tournament that will qualify for stream time to earn these skins.

Schedule is coming… soon.

1 Like

Glad to hear that it will be possible to get Mercy’s skins again. Thank you for your help :kissing_heart:

oh i say match sry. last time you show us schedule and which game can get skin(i really appreciate it :smile: ). like that in december schedule opn, can you tell us?

They haven’t posted the official schedule yet. Even I don’t exactly know which dates for all of the different regions, you can get a general idea of what days here:

2 Likes

bro im sorry to ask again. can i get mercy(18hr) and symmetra(15hr)skin, after i get junk and zenyatta not thor and rucio?

Okay here is how it works, starting December 1st you will earn the following skins at each interval…

• Junkrat - 7 Hours
  • Zenyatta - 15 Hours
  • Symmetra - 18 Hours
  • Mercy - 20 Hours

Before December 1st, any of the upcoming Gauntlet Streams will only count toward…

• Torbjorn - 7 Hours
  • Lucio - 15 Hours

Remember the hours will reset at the end of each month!

8 Likes

Thank you for the help and keeping us updated. Better then nothing!

What a joke.

Agreed, obviously it would have been more ideal to somehow manually recover the hours from anyone who watched them, however that was not going to be a feasible option from what I understand. This will at least give players a chance if they are willing to invest in the additional time. Again, not perfect but a workaround.

I am just glad that I could do what I could in my corner of the Overwatch universe to help.

8 Likes

I appreciate your work on this WyomingMyst

All I can hope for is there is plenty of opportunity to clock up the hours.