Failed to connect to server

-150 point and cant play

6 Likes

Jesus dude its everywhere not just region based or ISP i tried in EU and NA only mode works is training range i dont understand why its always the consumer’s fault. Blizzard servers have been bad the past year or more when Destiny 2 was released.

8 Likes

Like I wrote in my initial post. There’s zero issues on my end. Nor my ISP. There are already lengthy posts on Reddit with people experiencing this issue both on PC and console.

I’d rather not put in any more work since this is an issue likely on your end. But if you’d be willing to compensate me I can open a ticket.

7 Likes

Funny how it happens a lot now on eu in both qp, arcade and competitive. We can’t connect to the servers and we get kicked, suspended and we lose our hardearned points. This shouldn’t be an issue but it is. We want our points back and I don’t want to risk getting permabanned this season because of something that is wrong with your servers.

10 Likes

please do something !!! -150 received for anything … where to write to review my complaint?

3 Likes

Blizzard what the hell i didint wake up 6 am for this god damn it

I’m having the same issue. The purple competitive queue box disappeared like I had been pulled into a game, but the game got stuck on the “Finding Game” screen. After waiting for ~15 seconds, I hit escape to check that the game hadn’t frozen, and back on the main menu I was presented with the option to “Rejoin Game”. Pressing that button did nothing. Upon restarting the game, the button had reverted to “Play”, and I was banned from competitive for 10 minutes.

EDIT: I tried to reproduce the problem, but I managed to queue up for a game. Thus I’m not able to produce a traceroute for proper debugging.

1 Like

Same. It is happening to a lot of people.

2 Likes

Worst support ever “I hate this”

2 Likes

This just happened to me 3 times. Came on here to post this exact forum thread. Glad i’m not the only one cause now they might actually do something about it

6 Likes

Yes. Everyone that’s having this issue should write so cause then they might do something since it’s not an isolated issue.

2 Likes

Lost 150 ish sr and banned 3 times in row total of 2 hours 40 minutes.

I’ve got a bunch of account so I keep trying. Got 2 games in a row then it happened again. Switched account, got another game then it happened again.

Brings the total upto 6 and -300 sr.

Edit1 : Happened again. Total 7/-350 SR

Every maintenance breaks something in game

3 Likes

How do you even know if people who are having problems are reporting it? I’ve had terrible kick outs and lag problems or can’t log in to a server from OW and I get a snotty feedback. “Don’t play comp, get better internet.” That’s cute. It’s like it’s good for a couple weeks then around maintenance or update points it gets all messed up again. Super annoying.

3 Likes

And I don’t understand why you can’t give points back to people? That doesn’t have any of their control. You should focus more on punishing actual people who taint your game. Throwers, toxicity, smurfs, and so on

5 Likes

Its happened to me and my boyfriend twice in the past two games. We pay for the highest speed internet you can get where we live… We even restarted our internet to see if the issue was on our end and its not. I dc’d a third time and now have a 30 minute ban. I’ve had terrible lag problems all day and now it wont even let me log onto a server from the OW title screen… With 6 days left in the season its a sh*tty feeling to watch my sr get taken away from me for something thats not my fault.

1 Like

Ridiculous.
Interesting way how they go about punishing players who are not intentionally harming a game. Why should a player lose points due to a FAILED server or from a connection problem?
Set your priorities straight blizz, you have plenty of toxicity in OW community. Focus on that trash.

2 Likes

It’s a good system and normally keeps players with too high ping away i think, it just failed in this case. But i lost no Points yet, because i dont try to join a obvious broken game all the time.

But sht happenes give them time and it will be fixed.

-100SR today on me, gents! I’m so happy that me, an idiot, did try my luck to find a competitive game 2nd time!

Blizzard, why don’t you notice your players that you having some issues so they won’t join comp? Or why wouldn’t you just block 'em from joining like you do while there’s maintenance?

I can even chat with other people, and that means it is not my connection being bad, it’s just your servers. Why should I suffer because of it? (/a/J91LaFe on imgur if anyone’s intrested)

4 Likes