Failed to connect to server message

cannot enter a match, just says this message
edit: seems to be fixed
another edit: it seems to be fixed mostly for me, it only happened 3 times out of about 20
but there a lot of people that are replying on this post saying this still happens to them. Blizzard pls fix

17 Likes

Iā€™m getting the same error, matchmaking runs for 5-10 seconds then drops, then I get the error in the chatā€¦,

3 Likes

yep. thats exactly it.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. For me, what fixed it was switching from Steam to battle net.
Be careful for me, even though it didnā€™t suspend me after failing to connect, I now see that it has given me a loss for each failed attempt at my competitive progress.

2 Likes

i hope they fix it because i dont really want to install the entire game againā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m suspended from comp for 15 minutes because it kicked me, overwatch you got to fix this cause if my comp takes a hit you are going to need to repair it

5 Likes

Same issue here, fails to connect to server, while Iā€™m queued for role QP.
Means the problem is not on our end.
ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

4 Likes

The servers are currently undergoing maintenance by the way :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

same here, it even shows team chat but doesnt put me in the game

1 Like

Oh, it was that simple. You seem to be correct.

2 Likes

Same here as of today. Think it is an attack on the servers

it failed twice to connect to the server to load into a game, yet gave me deserter, first for 15 min then for an hour without ever being able to connect to the game. its highly unfair to be treated as such with no technical issues from my side but from yours=/

Best,

Onclepit

4 Likes

Happened to me, Iā€™m now suspended for an hour which is a joke.

2 Likes

Same, same, youā€™re not alone with thisā€¦ thatā€™s gonna be a rank down for me :smiley:

3 Likes

Same here. My endorsement level went down so I stopped trying because I worried I was gonna get a ban for ā€œleaving matchesā€ even though I never entered a match in the first place. I tried submitting a ticket too but the ticket system isnā€™t working for meā€¦

1 Like

I have been banned from competitive play for 15mins due to not being able to connect to game, completely not my fault which will be recorded on my account, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Blizzard must remove the ban and record of the ban from the affected accounts. Ticket system also useless.

Edit: Tried again on Arcade mode, game failed to connect again, now endorsement level has dropped. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

reinstalling the game does not fix this issue.

2 Likes

I completely get that, same here, got kicked twice and both count as losses (?), not my fault either and Iā€™m banned for an hour lol. I feel you, dude :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When you guys go to try and connect, test using the practice range first. That way you donā€™t lose endorsement or ranks.

2 Likes

Another update on Battle.net app, and the matchmaking is still doing the same thingā€¦ Matchmaking for 5 seconds, where I can communicate with other players, before it drops and the error message appears.

Fair enough if they are doing maintenance, but why let us in the game at all? And of course the store worksā€¦

3 Likes