Ez way to fix Mercy

1. How is 49% a bad winrate???
  2. Your team doesn’t have to “play around anything”. If THEY pick heroes first that have high mobility or are Pharah/McCree/Hanzo/Widow,etc then picking Mercy is the best idea for that situation. So technically it’s the other way around.
  3. Mass Rez forced someone on your team go after the hiding Mercy,or if the Mercy was on your team,you had to die together so she could rez. Now THAT’s playing around a hero.
  4. I’m just mocking y’all’s logic. You all say how Valk is a “do everything for you button” but you fail to realise it’s more engaging than Mass Rez. You have more mobility,you can chain heal/chain damage boost,Rez is still available. Her pistol has infinite ammo. So going after enemy Widows is usually a good idea. Also Mass Rez was THE “Do everything for you” button. Instant cast time,no LoS requirement,invulnerability. You pressed a button and it did everything for you.
  5. And no I did not say that Mass Rez did the same as Valk. Again,I was pointing out your faulty logic.
  6. Go to YouTube and search “Mercy hiding spots”. Hiding and rezzing was the most optimal way of using Mass Rez.
  7. But current Mercy IS engaging,useful and rewarding. So her being boring and whatever is just your opinion. The devs have stated multiple times that they won’t revert her. And they mean bringing back Mass Rez by that. Not nerfing her healing to 50HPS and bringing back an old ult voiceline :roll_eyes:
1 Like

I mean, my point is that the whole narrative of “She NEEDS mass resurrect” is not…you know, fact. It isn’t objective.

I just think this whole dialogue of stating if/what changes Mercy needs is unfair to just state it objectively. I don’t think it’s fair to say, “She doesn’t need anything” as if it’s fact, much like it’s not fair to state “she needs mass resurrect” as if it’s a fact.

I’m in the minority of liking where she’s at and wanting her balanced around that. It seems like I don’t get to have a voice because of that. :man_shrugging: It’s always “No, she NEEDS it.” I don’t think she does. Am I not allowed to like here where she’s at?

I am never included in the dialogue if it does not agree with the idea that mass resurrect is a necessity.

3 Likes

She’s getting a buff, right? I’d wait to see how that pans out before worrying about her being underpowered.

2 Likes

Make her heal a ray like Zarya so that she needs to aim and a significant up of her heal would be justified as she will need mechanical skill like Ana.

a lot of us with poor aim (myself include) rely on the aim needs with the healing beam to be minimal.

If my aim were better, I’d be far more likely to choose Ana

I dont think the two characters need to be the same - there are reasons to choose each

2 Likes

where? and don’t even play her lol girl please, next

Ironically I like to play Mercy because of her pistol.Mercy’s ultimate weapon is that no one expect you to go battle mercy

1 Like

the pistol is a very underrated part of her kit

I recently watched a match where the Mercy (in addition to healing like crazy) also killed the opposing Widow 4 times in a row

2 Likes

I’ve played her enough and with her more than enough. Stop picking her where she doesnt excel and complaining shes under performing.

You got a buff coming and shes not even bad without it.

3 Likes

This exactly. When I play her into the wrong situations of course she’s not gonna do well.

1 Like

Mercy mains get harassed too, or does that not matter to you?

They won’t be the same as her heal would be continuous moreover it’s a FPS.

I believe we need to pay attention to an important part of discussion - Context.

Your claim was the following:

And then you linked various quotes of me saying “Mercy needs to hide to rez even today”

If you actually payed attention to the entire quote of what you linked, you would have realized the source of that sentence, that you’ve taken out of context.

Second one is in response to someone who was saying that the devs wanted to change Mercy due to her “hiding, letting her team die, and rezzing.” My reply is basically pointing out that “she still does that now, so what was the point of changing her because of it?”

So by my own definition and the actual context that it was based on, Mercy still hides and rezzes now, so that argument of it “breaking the game” or “happening at a large scale” is a myth - not backed by fact. There is no proof that statistically shows that Mercy mains were doing this outside of a few YouTube videos and Twitch streams. Both of which aren’t reliable sources of information, and both of which are full of examples of bad Mercy gameplay. So, you may want to check out that “contradiction” of yours next time.

You tend to do this a lot I’ve noticed, and it’s really a bad way to prove a point in my opinion. Please don’t twist my words to fit your agenda, I’ve never made such a statement of “Cast times force Mercy to hide now.” Thanks! :blush:

Oh and also:

Is your own opinion, and while I respect it, I humbly disagree. There would be no point in “hiding” if you have LOS alone, since you can’t do so through walls. You need to be engaged in the fight, and with damage reduction instead and a 1.25s cast time vs a 2s second one, there’s even less need to do so. But you are free to disagree. We’re going to have to hold our own views on that.

Fair enough. I personally prefer giving actual suggestions to problems rather than just cherry-picking statements out of context, and then complaining to others how their ideas wouldn’t work. I may have a lot to say when I share my views, but I strive to in the very least, source them and offer an alternative other than “This is fine, you’re just wrong, devs say so.” But hey, to each their own. :slight_smile:

And I’m also free to respond to your “snide-ness,” with telling you how it’s not of my concern, each time you do so. So I believe we have an agreement there. :slight_smile:

Thanks for offering your opinion, but I’m afraid that I must disagree. Have you played with Mass res with a 1.25s cast time, a LoS, and damage reduction? If you haven’t, I don’t think you have the authority to speak on what is solved or not until it’s actually put into practice. At this point, we’re just givng opinions, and since you apparently have no solutions to give me that convince me to try anything else, I think it’s fair for me to continue to hold the view that such a solution would solve her problems, until proven otherwise. :blush:

And the fact that out 4K responses, I’m listed as one of the few people you reply to the most, it’s become apparent that I am someone you take high regard in responding to. So due to that, I am most definitely flattered and empowered with the extra attention. So thanks! No denial necessary. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I consider the S part of FPS for Mercy to be her pistol

Every OW character has one or more S (aim) aspects

1 Like

I think it is reasonable to dislike having people in-game complain because your favorite hero is considered underpowered.

I don’t think it’s reasonable for somebody gets their feelings hurt because they refuse to attempt to purpose ideas which the devs wouldn’t outright reject.

2 Likes

Many Mercy mains have suggested other ideas, it’s not my fault that you choose not to read them. And as for getting our feelings hurt, is it also not ok for people to target mercy mains and harass them or is that ok?

He read them. Just saying.

I didn’t realize you two were the same person, my bad.

I can assure you, the forum barely has any Mercy posts that:

• Don’t include multi-rez
  • Don’t remove rez
  • Don’t remove Valk
  • Are published in standalone discussion threads
  • Aren’t formatted like walls-of-text
  • Aren’t obviously overpowered

There are a handful here and there. But it’s a token effort compared to other Mercy posts.

2 Likes

Interesting. Still not responding to my second point (probably because you contribute to it yourself)