Experimental Mode – Shotgun Consistency

Yeah it was 150 and as the legend goes …

1 Like

I’m glad they’re looking at Torb’s shotgun. It was so weak compared to his primary fire it felt entirely pointless.

4 Likes

I mean she is literally used as 3rd tank in owl and on ladder. been that way for a while. tanking and punish is the only thing I find her useful for anymore, since they gutted her killing output.

hmmm. I figured just buffing her ammo pool from 120 to 140 would suffice

good point I agree with you on that

These changes are hopeful! But I think Sigma and Orisa will still need some smaller buffs. A bit higher shield regen for Sigma and more hp for Orisa.

1 Like

upon reading this patch note i had hope that they’d finaly make Reaper worth playing but it only took me one game to realize that whatever they did to Reaper’s shotgun was absolutely completely useless. His shotguns are just as crap as they have been since day one…
CANT YOU JUST DECREASE HIS SPREAD BY LIKE 15% FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?

Consistently bad is still consistent I guess. Blizzard tries not to think about these things too hard.

I don’t think reapers issues are his shotguns…

5 Likes

Hmm, I guess they in total nerfed hog in 2 places but buffed in…shotgun consistency?

Please just make it a revert then slap the spread consistency on ty, just decreasing those dmg numbers without the conjunction of firerate and ammo revert doesn’t help his balance at all.

2 Likes

Was still getting 10 damage point blank shots with reaper on Ana.

They are a big part. His kit can allow him to play well if he could actually consistently do damage. But when it’s so rng it’s impossible to play him half decently

they clearly are. No matter how strong you make his abilities, his main source of damage is complete crap. His shotgun have way too much spread and not enough effective range (range at wich they still deal max damage). You need to be way, wayyy to close to someone to deal any significant damage

Those Torb changes :eyes: As an occasional Torb player (whenever I’m “going rogue” and playing Damage instead of Support (or Tank), he’s my go-to), I’m REALLY looking forward to trying this

Also of course… Hog. So many characters are going to feel better without him being quite so threatening anymore. I just hope the nerf isn’t too bad for the people PLAYING Hog

And can I just say I’m feeling hopeful for D.Va and Reaper players right about now? I hope the shotgun changes make their lives at least somewhat better <3

1 Like

He was meta for a while when they buffed his sustain…his has always been an issue of just not having a reliable way of getting in range to be able to dish out his dmg and get out without being nuked

Compared him to roadhog…unquestionably more sustain and a waaaaay better tool of getting in range (though his is completely different way of doing that)

2 Likes

Please give Hog’s gun the full revert. The shotgun changes might be mitigating this, but at least give him the old fire rate back.

4 Likes

That’s crazy we waited this long for a experimental and that is all it is.

These changes could have went straight to live tbh to fix this Roadhog mess that was clearly never even tested. The Hog buffs to go with the shield nerfs was clearly a spiteful act.

I was hoping for a “failed” experiment or something drastic like Mei tank, Symettra healer, Sombra healer and Doomfist tank.

But ok 1.5-3 weeks for a hog nerf and change to shotguns/torb…that coulda went to live or been on PTR

2 Likes

No Ashe nerfs but Hog gets gutted (as expected) ?

And why does Torb need any friggin buffs while having his AutoAim Turret already…

also undoing the damage buff but not reverting his fire rate is such a oversight and now he’s just going to be bad. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

No , dont touch my flanker with a hitbox of a tank.

Because its not really that useful, 52 dps is not really that good, but it gets the job done

No. Horrible idea.

1 Like