Experimental Mode – Shotgun Consistency

before they were made random within segments, so they were half random

They should increase the hook damage from 30 to 55.

8 Likes

Shotguns have 2 patterns, the random spread per shot across and even outside the reticle and the angle variance (or max space between pellets).
At first the shotguns were almost totally random and sometimes you put the reticle on someone’s head from 5 mt, and literally only hit 2-4 pellets, because the rest were spread evenly across the outside parts of the reticle.

Reducing the angle and the random spread helps consistency between shots.

i dunno about that one chief

this is coming from someone who was a mei main. it’s kind of hard to balance a dps with the kit of an off tank without sacrificing her lethality

6 Likes

is that what theyre doing here though? she mentions rotation

I was expecting a real patch this week :expressionless:

What I’m guessing it means is that the origin of the individual pellets rotates every shot, as well as having varied angles outward. If that’s true, then I guess they stopped that and have the pellets come out of the same spot each time, with their varied angles.

Yeah the problem is that in some heroes is way more frustrating. Reaper had a change, with Road that made their spread more “even” but with Torb is insane.

You can only see it when you shoot a wall from like 10 mt, and you will see that the bullets kind of “rotate” sometimes and 70% of them are on the top, then the next shot is 30%, then 40% to the left and 60% to right etc.

Its easier to explain visually than via text :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not hard. Currently she lacks any tank utility to warrant bad aspect in every part of her kit
Decrease the ammo consumption on primary fire to 15 rounds per second, decrease her charging time on icicles, let her be healed in cryofreeze so it’s not a dead sentence to use it, increase her ult travel time by another 10m/s so it’s actually an ultimate (everyone can escape it now). Those nerfs should have been given compensation buffs to her months ago. If they did these she would be good again

What’s that, a Roadhog nerf? Sold

3 Likes

tell me about it lol

Probably not much, but I’m getting a feeling D.Va isn’t going to be buffed back into viability directly, but will creep that direction through minor changes that affect multiple heroes or certain mechanics.

People are going to be staring at Reinhardt or Sigma or someone and then she’ll come in from the side, clever girl style.

Torb getting his shotgun damage back, huh? About time.

4 Likes

There is a lot they could’ve done this patch they didn’t do.

Just focus on what they did do, not what they didn’t do considering how rapid we get these patches.

5 Likes

Not fullly, he was 150 but maybe it was too op

I don’t mind more focused patches. They say they wanna target the shotguns, makes sense that this patch wouldn’t touch anything else but the shotguns.

Really wish you guys stopped messing with firerate that’s the one change that always feels awful to relearn.

So now Hog is worse than he was pre buff due to the loss of a shot and fire rate. Plus Blizzard conveniently left out whether they tested of the change actually made damage for each character consistently better or not. Because last time they did this they actually made Reaper to consistently LESS damage. They’re out of their damn minds.

4 Likes

I believe it was 12.5 per pellet previously. A Torbjorn player killed Jeff’s Reinhardt so it was reduced to 10.5. Or so the legend goes. :smile:

The 15 per pellet was Torb 1.0, correct?

1 Like

Think of it like this. Go into practice range as Roadhog or Reaper and find a flat wall. Shoot into it and look at the pattern the pellets leave on the wall, then shoot again and notice how the pattern is different. Essentially the pattern will just be the same each time now.