Experimental Mode – Baptiste, Mei, and Fine-Tuning Health

this is literally EXACTLY what the forums wanted, besides wider amp matrix, I havent seen that here(but I aint everywhere all the time). Cannot say the devs aren’t listening. sym mains are still gonna complain instead of being happy a step towards the right direction is being taken. brig becomes undead in time for halloween. cree gets compensation for having his dreams of flight crushed. widow can’t be super aggro now, has to play smarter. the mei ammo might be too little, but we will see.

2 Likes

NICE

I really didn’t think you guys would ever do it. I’m happy to be wrong.

5 Likes

The problem remains that Widow is only countered by Widow in your world. In the world where everyone plays other characters, nerfing her health down to the definition of a glass cannon is great.

Less health works. I’d prefer they make her have to constantly move around so that she’s forced to keep hitting those excellent shots to prove value but on the run. Right now, she can get up super high where most mobility can’t reach (except Genji) and pop off.

With reduced health, other hitscan can actually put the fear in her. Of course, if it were up to me, I’d remove her insta-kill and have her knock any character down to 1 health with a headshot to force her to either follow up or coordinate with her team.

I’m against all insta-kills tho.

That’s a PHAT NO from me on the Mccree health buff. Everything else is aight.

4 Likes

YEEEEEEES
PUT THAT TO LIVE YEEEEES!
Pls

3 Likes

I legit don’t think the community wants to go back to playing with/against Mei in every fight like when she was meta. It sucked the entire fun out of every single team fight to have a wall, then oh you can’t move and now she cubes and you can’t do anything to her.
Then here comes the ULT etc etc.

I’m fine with inching her up in power level so she kind of works here or there or someone who really likes Mei can play her with out being a throw pick.
Yet I really, really don’t think the community in general wants her back at a high power level. Her game play is terrible for the over all game, same for Brig…

2 Likes

Sym typically fights up close and is expected to take more damage because of this.

Widow doesn’t, and is expected to take less.

4 Likes

thank god they are doing that

3 Likes

Are you still in your senses?

First the Ammo and the Range Nerf and now the HP reduction?

The Ammo-Nerf from 10 to 7 makes sense. The DMG falloff is simply pointless and actually only affects on Illios during jumpshots in the spawn (from the control point, but for me it falls under bad map design) or widow duels on one or two other maps. But actually only destroys her uniqueness and a sniper with an effective range of 70 meters is not a sniper (1500-2500m are real values ​​for a sniper)

And now the HP Nerf. Amelie becomes so unplayable. I’m a Widow-Main myself with a relatively defensive style of play. And this defensive style in particular will be at a disadvantage.

The problem is that Widow is both difficult for some healers to reach and that very often you are not in their field of vision and not even “i need healing” helps. This may get better in the higher ranks, but the result will be that Widow will be played even less.

In Plat and below she becomes absolutely useless.

I’ve just had several matches with the patch and it’s awful. Feels like everyone is focusing on you. You have to keep an eye on your HP all the time and you are dead damn quick, too quick.

In a game like Overwatch, which is extremely fast, has many agile and mobile characters and a high damage output, absolutely the wrong step.

Yes, Widow is strong, but only in the right hands. She is not OP. Widow is one of the hardest heroes to play effective. You only have your sniper to do relevant damage and you need a very good aim to do constant damage and above all to hit headshots. And as soon as you miss just a few shots, your team will force you to switch (Widow, u garbage/ u r Trash/ Play Mei or torb/ Widow, switch! Just for example).

Widow is easy enough to counter. Especially when you’re far away from the team. A Genji, Hammond, D.VA, Doomfist etc. are quick at one and kill you fast.

4 Likes

The Baptiste buffs feel really good.

2 Likes

Blizzard: Thank you Baptiste!

Baptiste: Ohhh…You’re welcome! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think an interesting change to make Amp matrix more dynamic would be to make it a cube allowing your team to use it from 4 different directions because often, especially in this meta, teams play spread out, and it’s difficult to get value out of the ultimate. If it’s possible, make it so those outside of the cube only deal 50% more damage, and those inside of the cube deal the full 100% damage, giving it some risk vs. reward. I find your change encourages more low skill, high reward gameplay by taking away a lot of the punishment of misplacing the ultimate. If you instead make it a cube and keep it the same size or 1m smaller and apply the damage changes I highlighted, it would be much more dynamic, and solve the issue I think you guys were trying to solve with making it larger. It would also encourage smarter placement, and analysis of your teammates by considering everyone’s positioning and not just whoever is in front of you. If this seems too broken, you could consider removing the 100% damage, and make it 50% across the board.

1 Like

These are great changes. However, as a support main I would like to see widow’s previous nerfs including falloff be reverted. Widow needs to have her main weapon be her strength, so instead of nerfing her weapon, you should highlight her weaknesses like you did with this health reduction. Most pro’s including famous widow hater, Chipsa, agrees that widow should have no falloff. Decreasing widow’s health brings up more ranged counters to widow, which is a great thing, I would honestly go even further and give widow 150 health along with a revert to her previous changes.

1 Like

Don’t know why you would nerf widow but the other changes seems pretty cool

4 Likes

Now we just need to nerf Tracer a little.

2 Likes

He doesnt like any of the widow nerfs. Chipsa wants widow’s previous nerfs to be reverted because he thought they were “stupid and pointless” and he wants to “highlight her weaknesses not make her strenghts weaker”. He wants this change along with a revert to the previous changes.

2 Likes

Mei’s ult is like a 6s stun on everyone. The value of the ult doesn’t come from the damage at all… CC is not fun to play against in this game, I think everyone can agree. She doesn’t need CC and damage, that would ruin the competitive integrity of this game… Bob is also incredibly easy to disable for 2/3rds of his uptime with sleep or straight up kill with team focus. He does have a bit too much health, but he is by no means indestructible lol. Mei literally has one of the best ults in the game lol…

1 Like

Haven’t seen anyone mention the Cree reload buff yet. I love it. Just feels right.

2 Likes

Mei’s RMB icicle is missing headshots constantly against frozen targets since the previous nerf patches. Fix it.

1 Like

love the mccree changes on paper, would be nice if they actually went live. been teased with that air roll and 50+ hps before

1 Like