Experimental is Gone

Sigh I’m going to miss you, Goomba stomp Lucio. Such a fun couple of weeks. I really hope they seriously look at some of the changes and consider them.

12 Likes

April 1st hopefully. Need to see that Doomfist again with the addition of this experimental’s quick landing meteor strike.

2 Likes

The problem with Doom’s ult in the Exp is that you couldn’t counter it at all. He’d smack down so far, I didn’t have time to shift as Moira or Mei. I agree the sped up ult is definitely needed, though. I’d say from 1 sec to 0.75 instead of 0.5 sec.

2 Likes

Thank god. It was a stupid idea and these streamers had no idea

14 Likes

But the problem with current Doom ult is that you counter it all the time (mostly by just moving 1inch out of the main circle which barely ever kills full hp enemies) which is why its practically useless and more useful as an escape mechanic.

i kind of want to see if they keep their word. i think they said this will be a common thing after this last one. influencer over top x-cards for fun? did they say that? i think it was suppose to be monthly?

Oh, I completely agree with you, but 0.5 seconds is just way too fast. A happy medium could work, I feel like. Moira and Mei SHOULD be able to counter it, but an Ana, for example, should stand no chance. There’s no counterplay with 0.5 seconds, but I could see a change to 0.75, or maybe even 0.65 if testing showed otherwise.

3 Likes

problem: doom ult is too reactable
solution: make it literally unreactable

???

Weird to see people advocate for a literal “press Q to get a kill” button, especially since the changes to his shield made him unkillable out of ult as well. He was like a reverse moira: fun in neutral but super boring ult.

4 Likes

I didn’t even play it once. No regrets.

5 Likes

I would prefer Doomfist ultimate have instant smack down time but deal 180 damage max and with larger inner radius.

The experimental patch is ridiculous, Lucio and Mei change are just too much. Their skill provided great protection already, and the addition damage makes them frustrating to deal with. This patch discourage aim and give some hero a free kill button. There was some good change such as Brigitte, Orisa and Reinhardt change but all the change didn’t touch the main issue of OW that currently exist.

Tanks felt fun af and no one else did lol

4 Likes

Laughs in gomba stomp Lucio

That’s not true. I had a lot of fun in the support role with Bap, Lucio, and Ana. Brig was different and unique too.

Most DPS had some fun mechanics too, so I’m not sure what you’re on about. If you’re a one-trick and your character didn’t get buffed, then I can see how that wouldn’t be fun…but being a one-trick isn’t fun either.

Lucio and mei “free kill” buttons were very hard to pull of harder then most other dps “free kill” buttons.

Mei shouldn’t have had it imo. At least Lucio’s was an ult, but Mei’s was an ability.

And yet was still very hard to pull off.

in my opinion even harder than lucio ult.

Considered mei doens’t have anything that helps her get high ground.

It was hard to pull off, but it was maybe a bit too accessible given wall. Lucio could only attempt it 4 to 5 times a game. Mei could fish for them.

I’m hoping the zarya rocket jump change goes through.

The hog ult looks really fun also but they’d probably need to compensate somewhere

I legit think that lucio beat change could go straight to live lol.

2 Likes

While Mei can try it multiple times it’s still harder then pulling off the lucio one.

Considered lucio can wall jump has speed and extra wall jump when speeding up and ofc wall ride.

Yeah I tried for like 3 whole games to pull it off, I only did it once on a zarya lol.
There was one other time I did it (this was also on my third game) but immortality saved them :frowning: