Excuse me what? This is a BUG?!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/1-35-1-known-issues-list/341651?u=gaze-11763

Sombra

• Translocating does not clear the debuff from Ana’s grenade.

WHAT

You’re telling me this thing, which has been in the game since Sombra’s release almost three years ago, was a bug this whole time? And this is the first time you’re listing it as a bug?

Why now? What changed that suddenly made this a bug? Why not just call it a balance change? “Oh, we want Translocator to clear all debuffs, so we’re making it do that now.” You don’t need to list it as a bug to change something.

Honestly, this is so bizzare.

39 Likes

“Fixed a bug that allowed Moira to heal through barriers”

Keep dreaming blizz, you guys think youre soooo smooth

49 Likes

This is one of those “Bugs” that were in the game for so long everyone forgot and now they should just be done into a feature

That’s just like that bug fix where Moira wasn’t able to heal through shields anymore.

But tbh isn’t Translocator just a movement ability, it doesn’t make any sense to clear debuffs.

5 Likes

Plus its unecesary, most of the times the translocator is on top of a health pack which will cure all debuffs anyways :woman_shrugging:

Get ready for quite some wait before a fix. Mei once had the exact same bug with her iceblock. It wouldn’t clear Ana’s debuff. They confirmed it as a bug, placed in known issues and… it took them one year and three months to fix it.

1 Like

I agree Gameplay-wise, but doesn’t Sombra have an interaction with Tracer that implies Translocator uses the same tech as her Chronal Accelerator?

Maybe Fluff-wise Translocator’s a very specific type of Rewind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 Likes

not true. it’s a pretty nifty mobility tool. I tend to use for positioning more than escapes

1 Like

Yeah but how many times are you actively using it for that while on fire

Sombra’s translocator makes her invincible and intangible (supposedly).

I think that Sombra actually stole some tech from Tracer. So it might make sense that it works like rewind…

It only mention Ana’s grenade debuff, but what about other debuffs such as slow down (from freeze) and poison?

I’m still waiting for the hanzo arrow speed bug to be fixed.

Healthpacks do not cure debuffs…
It will heal you up after the duration of antiheal is over, but it will not purify debuffs

1 Like

It heals Dynamite burn and Widow Poison, im pretty sure of this

yeah, it does heal/clear damage over time, but not debuffs like slow, antiheal, discord, stun

Wait, really? I mean it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things, but its kind of hilarious.

Edit: For people who dont know, translocator makes her intangible for a really short time window. Thus its kind of similar to Reapers wraithform and this bug fix makes it more consistent with the ingame rules for intangibility. However since it has been this way always since release, its really weird that they come up with this now.

2 Likes

Would make make more sense to say “we’re changing this for consistancy” rather than a bug thats never been acknowledged.

It’s somewhat similar to Moira’s fade in effect, they both disappear from the map, then reappear. That’s why translocating or fading in overtime can lose you the point.

The only difference I can think of is that translocator gets disabled by grav while fade doesn’t.

It can also style on self destruct if there’s no cover due to the iframes of teleporting, but you have an extremely small window to avoid the explosion.

The reason it’s blocked by grav is because the ability is disabled, while Fade makes you invul just from using it. It’s one of those dumb technicalities like why hacking Lucio shuts off Crossfade but not Zen’s orb of harmony.

Also, back to OP, yeah, that’s been a bug for a long time. As far as I figured they just left it in to waste more of Sombra’s time after being forced to translocate, since Sombra very rarely translocates with anti on her having succeeded in her flank.