Everytime hanzo kills me

I love it when a Hanzo arrow just wooshes from no where.

Despite people and blizz throwing me how small his projectiles are, in actual games they feel monstorous and the animation when they curve 1 meter to either side of your body to hit you isnt helping either.

Was never fun to die to him, i loved when he had hitscan size projectiles but they reverted that quickly.

1 Like

As far as I know, McCree is doing a lot better after his damage fallout got buffed. Also he has another buff coming up to the cooldown of his Roll.

Widowmaker is as far as I know still a top-tier hero. She might not always be meta, but the only reason Hanzo usually outperforms her is because she’s much worse at lower ranks due to being one of the most aim-based heroes (meaning that a lack of aim will punish you hardest on Widowmaker, more so than Hanzo).

And please dude, you said you were just asking questions.

1 Like

I thought it was lag.
So many times when on my screen im just around the corner, but in replay im shot dead before the corner.

I was asking questions in my first post, stating my thoughts in later posts. Almost as if every post a person posts is a different post or something, and it’s a conversation that’s happening in real time, like on a forum or something e_e I’m not even being combative IDK why you keep getting mad at me. Even if I think Hanzo is OP and you don’t that’s fine, who gives a crap. I’m still going to say what I think about him and what I notice; he gets a crap ton more value out of his kit than a lot of other heroes from what I’ve observed; Much like Brig, and soon I expect, Torb.

I am not sure this really says a whole lot. Widow is possibly the highest skill floor hero in the game, and she also outperforms him in high ranks. McCree is just bad… Brigitte existing should be testament to that but he also has Hog-tier winrates. I’m a McCree main and think he should get buffed rather than Hanzo nerfed as he has been lacking for the longest time irrespective of Hanzo’s state (he was bad even when Hanzo was even worse).

That is because he is a projectile hero. Projectiles are inherently less reliable than hitscan, to balance this they get a hitbox. This makes them inherently spammy. Whenever I am on any projectile hero I will do the same thing. Zen right clicks into chokes and instagibs people all the time.

Generally in my Elo people will move out of the way of a Hanzo ult unless they are exceptionally immobile (Bastion, for instance) or something is keeping them in place regardless of where the ultimate is thrown. I generally only use it to zone unless there is a Zarya or Mei on my team. I get more mileage out of using Deadeye to shieldbreak.

Not getting mad. I can just read where the conversation is going. So let’s just skip to what you actually want to talk about instead of dancing around it.

It’s fine for you to think Hanzo is overpowered. Many people would probably agree. But believe me when I say it’s not because of the hitbox interactions. You can go into the game right now and start headshotting people with Hanzo—you’ll notice straight away it’s a lot harder in practice.

Which is why it’s a poor argument to begin with. It looks good on paper to analyze that one shot that was riiight on the edge of the hitbox, but we all know it’s just not that easy to headshot with Hanzo.

Think of it this way: The meta always changes. Honestly Junkrat was a lot worse when he was the top tier damage dealer. Everyone was complaining how Junkrat basically required no aim and you had to play dodgeball with his constant grenades.

I’m also not sure if Hanzo is still a problem as people make it out to be—McCree is on the rise, GOATS are doing really well and Hanzo just seems to be a good carry in solo queue. But how much better is he than other heroes like Junkrat? 10%? Is it enough to warrant destroying his gameplay feeling? Put things a bit in perspective.

2 Likes

Oh I completely agree that McCree needs some kind of buff - poor Cowboy has been limping along behind in dire need for some time now IMO.

And now that you’ve pointed out that all projectile heroes will inherently be spammy that actually makes more sense, when I was at lower ranks Hanzo did rely more on spam, it’s just I keep getting so many smurfs that have perfect aim in my games as we rank up it seems like Hanzo is everywhere and it sucks and I hate him. But also that he’s great at close, medium and long range in a way that seems extremely powerful. Also at my ranks Hanzo has been doing fun things like sending the dragons up through the ground and through buildings so you literally have no chance of escaping it or seeing it incoming, you’re just dead all of a sudden and in the kill feed you figure it out - and I honestly can’t remember the last time I was killed by Deadeye.

Widowmaker tends to be in a class of her own, I feel like her kit is good where it is, in a fair way. Skill is rewarded, but nothing is guaranteed. I feel like with Hanzo, more damage is inherently guaranteed, especially between Stormbow and his ultimate being so useful.

Well, I think for me I’d say he’s about 15% stronger than he should be, and a few little tweaks would bring him to a more ‘fair’ level without ‘destroying his gameplay feeling’ like they’ve done with some other characters.

I think if they just fixed it so that stormbow wasn’t able to singlehandedly kill a tank, it would be much better. He’s got great aim at times, but I can also accept his current state of projectiles, because not every Hanzo is an automatically great shot and that does seem skill based. The problem typically in games seems to be that he’s just able to delete a Rein, Orisa or Hammond if he drops down behind them and unloads stormbow into them. I don’t think he needs to be a tankbuster as well as everything else he already is, that doesn’t seem like something that should be a part of his ‘game flow’. He should be encouraged to stay at mid to long range for shooting distance damage, no?

That’s fair. And now you’re sounding a lot more reasonable too.

Many people have suggested that Storm Arrows shouldn’t be able to headshot. Maybe if Hanzo keeps being a nuisance, they can tweak the ability further. But generally speaking, tanks should be actively healed and people should be punishing a Hanzo for diving into a tank like in your example.

Now compare the size of the head to anyone that can be one shot.

I think them not being able to headshot would be an improvement, but they do a lot of damage in a really short amount of time. It becomes an instant Hammond deleter, have you played Hammond up against Hanzo at all? Even if you do manage to get your armor to work in time to save your life, you’ll die before you can physically escape and you’ll never be able to kill Hanzo before he can kill you with his main fire and stormbow- and that’s just a 1v1.

Also, as much as I’d love to insist that Tanks should be getting constantly healed, it’s just not really going to happen, especially as Mercy is getting crippled and people are playing healers less. It’s sort of like… You can’t balance based on requiring team synergy because that creates characters like Symmetra, who are so reliant on their team to prop them up that they literally cannot succeed on their own. That’s not good, because then the player’s skill is meaningless, their character is crippled and no matter how good they are they cannot help their team more than their character’s limitations will allow.

Then when you have the inverse of that it’s a problem too, because it creates characters that are rewarded a lot regardless of skill - like Brig, who I know many people find to be controversial and I am still a bit on the fence about, or Doomfist, who is… Just weird. My general goal when thinking of character balance is somewhere in the middle, where they synergize with their team but they are not wholly reliant on their team. So- Tanks should be able to survive an encouter with a DPS character for at least a few seconds to be able to get healed after the fact. Even Reaper struggles to kill tanks as reliably as Hanzo, and he’s supposed to be the tank buster. I play a lot of Junkrat and I find that it’s too easy to kill Rein and Orisa as Junkrat- so it’s definitely too easy for Hanzo, who in my mind is supposed to be a medium-long range poke/spam guy. Instead he’s very much rewarded for sneak flanking, dropping down behind heavy tanks and unloading stormbow into them and then running away with his great mobility, before the healers even know what’s happening. It’s just… So easy for him that I see it happen frequently, and that seems against what he should be about. I’d buy Genji doing that kind of play way more before I did Hanzo, basically.

I get so many deaths from random arrows spammed at a teammate… It’s annoying and no skill is involved. Especially since the speed buff, which I would like to see reverted personally.

I was interested by the old Hanzo, since I like the ‘hard to master but deadly in the hands of skilled players’ idea, but the new Hanzo ruined my interest in learning how to play him, I’ve tried a few times and I usually end up with 50-60% accuracy (wtf?) and gets tons of undeserved damages. QP of course but still, it’s as boring and cheap as it gets. Probably even more than Doomfist and Brigitte.

The game is balanced around the presence of healers and shields. It’s in fact not balanced around 1v1 at all, which is why Brigitte can destroy so many heroes so easily—because you’re not supposed to be dueling her at any circumstance.

I know this response might feel a bit like a cop-out to that whole wall you just wrote, but the way you approach the debate suggests a very individual player mindset—you don’t want Hanzo to destroy you 1v1, but you should generally not be 1v1 against Hanzo. Most of the time the Hanzo will be behind his Reinhardt and you can run a GOATS composition to counter it.

For example, Mercy is rarely ever solo healing, if your tank is taking more damage than a single healer can sustain you should be dual healing him (why else is he tanking the damage then? Your tank ‘nd healers’ job is to punish focus fire). And likely run a shield tank such as Reinhardt to mitigate the damage further instead of taking it all as a D.Va or Roadhog.

As for Reaper, it’s a comparison people need to stop making. Reaper is struggling to perform at anything, with or without Hanzo in the game, and likely going to get a rework due to his kit just being so obsolete.

1 Like

To be honest he shouldn’t even be allowed to one shot anyone

1 Like

You’re going to see that he doesnt really need to aim

You should have just left it at that xd

Yep and hanzo mains be like “hes balanced and takes skill”. I be like ROFLMFAO!!!

You mean every hero main ever on this forum?

You say this, but have you ever noticed mei has the same thing? That’s cause they are very weird with how they interact with the server.

Why is hanzo a problem now? Before he had the exact same bow and he was a throw pick. All that changed was his abilities?

1 Like