Everytime hanzo kills me

I look at the killcam and he didn’t actually hit me. He hit the air like two feet around my head and it sticks there and I die. Why doesn’t he have to hit you to kill you? You’d think a hero with the ability to one-shot would have to actually hit someone.

66 Likes

#MyLifeasSombra

/20chars

10 Likes

Magnets. His arrows are made from Magnets.

:rofl:

14 Likes

Go to training mode and hit bot’s heads.
You’re going to see that he doesnt really need to aim heads to hit headshots.

You can basically hit the air and still got a head shot.

(“Oh but that’s because he is not hitscan, he is a projectile herooo”)

Yes, so as Ana, and she still need to aim exactly on the enemy.

23 Likes

Remember me when i was spamming arrows as hanzo through the choke then i got lucky headshot on baby dva when I wasn’t even looking to her.

3 Likes

and they’ve inserted teh other magnet into my Hero’s Head.

5 Likes

I was messin around testing out hitboxes a while ago and I made this picture to visualize the difference between Hanzo’s arrows and hitscan shots:

57 Likes

RNG Hanzo.

1 Like

Projectiles have larger hitboxes than hitscan. This is because projectiles are harder to land due to travel time. Head hitboxes especially are much larger than people realize, to keep things fair so that playing a smaller character doesn’t give you an inherent advantage.

Worry not, it still takes a lot of aim to land headshots with Hanzo.

13 Likes

LOL! I was just gonna say this, but you beat me to it! Kudos!

I knew people would brings it to this thread.
Like i said before.

The arrow has a hitbox that just needs to collide with the players hitbox. Blame blizz for making the hitboxes of players extend past the visual model- you think hanzo is bad, take a look at mei.

I wouldn’t care if they made the arrow hitbox smaller. Good hanzos are going to one shot you anyway.

As I always say, play him in comp and see how easy he is for yourself if you feel so inclined.

Great visualization.

1 Like

I played him a couple of games … it is ridiculously easy to headshot people. It is easy than to headshot someone with Widow. You just hold head height and shoot into the crowd and every couple of shots you hit someone.

2 Likes

I don’t have more than 5 hours playing him and he is currently my best dps. I can tell you that i do it pretty well in my competitive games.

1 Like

Yeah Hanzo has always shot logs and not arrows. It was even worse near release.

5 Likes

Ana is a hitscan, dude. Like Widowmaker, McCree and Soldier. Hanzo, Zenyatta and Lucio are projectile heroes.

The difference between hitscan and projectile is travel time: Hitscan is instantaneous and therefore makes aiming a lot easier, while projectile requires a great deal of prediction.

Hanzos arrows are like the flat earth theory.

First you’re chilling with a cool dude or gal and it just hits you like BLAP BLAP and suddenly you just want to vote for donald.

1 Like

I knew it was a thing but good lord I didnt know it was that significant.

It’d be a good conversation to have though as to how to compensate for that I think. Like is a larger headshot box really the way to go? Or do you make damage adjustments, armor pen, something else to make up for it. I’m personally not sure, but I can totally understand how getting hit by things that clearly missed is frustrating.