Everyones forgotten genji - even devs

I know genji was very good back in the days but almost every patch has been an indirect nerf to him ever since dive

this recent patch just nerfed ultimates which was the only thing genji was good for (and that too only when combod with nano. otherwise blade is just trash due to the amount of CC in this game)

I just wanted the devs and everyone to notice the power creep against genjis favour and it may be time to address genji. Also as the game has gone on, everyone has become more used to shooting genji and not shooting deflect so he is becoming less impactful.

I know everyone hates him here on the forums and there will be comments about how he “deserves this”. There are not that many genji mains out there (most have flexed over to other dps that have more impact and seem like they have a future like widow, sombra, hanzo) and yet there are so many genji haters

The only thing he was good for was his ultimate which was good when combod with another ult, mostly nano boost. But the upcoming patch will nerf this as well making him a trash tier hero. It has reached the point where i always tell genjis to swap to another hero if their blade gets nothing because they are useless otherwise

8 Likes

He will be stronger in 222 and is still more or less one of the best heroes in the game. He could stand to get powercreeped even more.

27 Likes

He’s probably one of the most useless heroes in the game currently.

He only can take a VERY small buff or he’d become OP.

4 Likes

Genji is balanced.
He’s just hard.
You cant buff him without nerfing blade because nano blade is to powerful already.

21 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Genji actually receive some nerfs with 2/2/2 becoming more prevalent.

4 Likes

I should have put in what he needs. he just needs a small buff to his damage. Maybe even a nerf to his ultimate so he is not such an ultimate reliant character. Genji is useless but his ultimate is OP so like they need to balance this. But overall because ultimates are harder to get, he is pretty bad

1 Like

I think he just needs to make his shurikens easier to hit at a mid to mid long range, so he can become less spammy and more precise.

More dmg shurikens would be pretty broken or they’d have to be buffed by an insignificant amount.

1 Like

Genji already has no damage fall off. No need to buff his shurikens ever.

4 Likes

Looking at overbuff it seems that above plat he is middle of the pack for win and or pick rate at worst. That seems fine for being

right? =\

2 Likes

Because ladder is relevant, right? Because people run bunker at every sr, right?

You lost me…

Bunker is at its strongest at GM and Genji is in the top 10 for both pick and win rates. That’s good (for Genji players) right?

2 Likes

For one reason. Nanoblade. In organized play, you will literally never see Genji outside of Hack and Slash.

2 Likes

…Who? :nail_care:t4:

2nd most picked dps across all ranks and in gm. “Trash tier hero”

9 Likes

He’s not in a good spot right now. and it’s been that way for a while, In spite of what these forum players say about how OP blade is.

But, i think it’s best if we don’t ask for a change to him, yet.

And wait till we see how 2/2/2 influences his viability. Then we can discuss buffs.

1 Like

Ok. So? That’s more than most have going for them. He combos well with Ana, Mercy and Zen (maybe even new Brig). If Moira/Bap healer meta comes around then I guess that may be a problem for him but the others can support him.

So you propose moving power away from dragonblade to other parts of his kit…?

1 Like

Just increase shurikens projectile speed.

Um what universe is this where Genji is a bad pick? Lol

Just because a hero isn’t meta doesn’t mean theyre bad, and Genji needs no buffs.

9 Likes

Let’s not…? He doesn’t need it.

3 Likes

this plus genji is more of a close range fighter anyway (double jump making him a harder target upclose, secondary fire, and a dash that secure kills). no reason to make him better at long range