"Every player equally equipped"

And I physically would not be able to play it, since I get terrible motion sickness at 60 fps.

2 Likes

Well, it would be equal for everyone.

It would also be equal if they locked it at 144…

1 Like

No, because the majority of players do not have hardware that supports 144. This is about including as many as possible.

So buy some hardware. Do you turn up at the golf course without clubs?

1 Like

Not everyone has the money to buy the most expensive golf clubs. Stop making a fool of yourself

1 Like

Personal attack, very grown up of you. I’ll flag your post.

It’s not Blizzard’s job to make life fair for you. PC gaming is a damned expensive hobby and if you’re not prepared to commit money to it then either go buy a console or suck it up.

You would actually kill the industry if you stopped games appealing to the best machines available. People buy the best PCs to play the best games. If that’s not for you, go get a different hobby.

4 Likes

It is in Blizzards interest to make the game accessable to as many players as possible. There should not be a goal to make people with less money than yourself unable to play a game on equal terms as yourself.

1 Like

Yeah… let’s cease all technological progress while you lot catch up shall we?

I don’t mind… It’s not like a spent any money to get the best experience I could afford…

oof what will I do now?

Sorry, my friend’s laptop can only display the game at 30 FPS. It needs to be capped at that to be fair for everyone. They also don’t have the money for a mouse and use a trackpad. So everyone needs to use that too.

They also don’t use headphones because theirs broke and can’t afford to replace it.

It’s only fair.

10 Likes

While it is in Blizzard’s interest to make the game accessible to as many players as possible as you say, I don’t think restricting those that can afford a better PC is the answer. It’s like limiting Bill Gates yearly pay purely because there are poor people in the world.

except it is bud. There are many other games out there, and Blizzard has to constantly work on optimizing their games for as many people out there as possible

You can play it… it just doesn’t look as good on their beat up old potato as it does on my machine.

1 Like

Optimisation can only go so far, though. Sometimes, your PC just isn’t good enough.

Well that is exactly what we do, it is called taxes.

I mean putting a cap on it to match the yearly pay that poor people get…

Jeesh… who knew that the OW forums were such a hotbed of anti-progess communism.

Unlike things like Visor or a low network latency, frame rate, especially > 60 FPS, has a negligible impact on a player’s performance during a match.

1 Like