"Every player equally equipped"

and? The point he’s making is Blizzard should make the game for high end PCs and if you don’t have one you shouldn’t play the game. Which would be a disaster for any company.

Why don’t you still run a 486 with 16meg of ram? Why aren’t you rocking a 14inch green screen?

I don’t believe that’s what he means at all.

nice fallacy.

Just so you know, people out there, do play on 24 fps 720p

Not my problem. I’ve been there myself, it sucks. The solution is simple. Earn money, buy stuff.

3 Likes

no one said it’s your problem tho. You aren’t the game dev, no one cares.

The fact is Blizzard optimizes the game for everyone. They won’t lock it at 60fps, nor will they lock it at 144fps

This is what I learned from BulletBarry (Sortof) but, all that changes between 144hz and 60hz is the fact that there is miliseconds of difference, so the only thing about 144hz and 60hz that is TRULY changing, is your reflexes, they’re both a second.

You’re the guy that reports the Torb for throwing in Bronze, right?

2 Likes

My post is going to be a mess since I have a lot to talk about this in general.

My dude I play at 240hz and when I play at 60hz and a lower framerate it literally feels like i am missing information. You get used to the smoothness and clarity offered by higher refresh rate monitors. I will never forget last year when I went to a pc cafe that had overwatch on a 60hz monitor with a crazy fluctuating frame rate (generally between 50-100). I was on Hanamura point A on defense. Suddenly a Mei popped out and I died without seeing what even happened. Looking at the kill cam she headshot me with her icicle.

Then went to lunar colony and I literally told my friend next to me that its difficult to see whats going on. He didnt understand since i was sitting in front of the monitor but refresh rates give you so much more information and an advantage.

Later on my same friend temporarily moved into my apartment and I let him use my 144hz monitor. His tracer aim went up consistently 10% every match. Dropping back down to 60hz and his accuracy did as well. Doing the same for me I saw a 5% drop in my aim. After getting used the higher refresh rates and switching back he finally understood what I meant when i said i couldnt see when i used that other computer.

That being said statistically we both have some of the fastest reaction times in the world, he is a pro esports smash bros player, and I am retired from the semi-pro scene (I competed and won many dance dance revolution tournaments) so we are used to fast paced things.

Next topic.
Every player is equally equipped. Every player has the options to use the gear they want for this game. I use a razer naga trinity with 7 buttons on the side which allows my left hand to stay strictly on WASD and space meaning I never have to restrict my movement (even for a microsecond) to use an ability.

I have 3 foot pedals, one crouches, one is for the mic, the last is a spray. Again this frees up my hands making it easier to play. I also run the game at 240hz with an average framerate of 260.

Everyone has the potential to do the same things. Its the freedom of creating the control scheme you like, and playing at the refresh rate of their choosing. Everyone is equally equipped with these options. The only limitations are their money and creativity.

TLDR: The game is made for everyone to play the way they want with the hardware they want. Just because you lack the funds to create your ideal setup doesnt mean you should be allowed to take away others rights to play their way

3 Likes

Comparing an application with a monitor or shiny new computer is the strangest thing I’ve ever heard about.

2 Likes

What about more than 512 Mb of RAM, a mouse, and functioning fingers?

Except for people who can’t afford better gear and therefore don’t have the option, and therefore are not equally equipped. You may say “not my problem”, and you’d be right. It’s not your problem if you have a nice job, after all your money is yours to spend as you desire. But Blizzard themselves have stated thatthe foundation of competitive is “every player equally equipped”. Therefore, it isn’t a fair/level

• “All men are made equal, some just more than others.”

In the tekken scene there is a very high level player that beat some of the worlds best and he only has two fingers (one on each hand)

There is also brolylegs who is completely paralyzed and is a very high level fighter. He uses his tongue.

For overwatch there is RagTagg who is in masters with double vision and a body that sometimes just doesnt function well.

People can overcome their disabilities in games to become great players.

2 Likes

I was making a different point, but those are interesting examples.

You took this too literally. Sure Blizzard does what is in their power to provide an even playing field, but you can’t expect them to visit every player’s house with a brand-spanking new PC well above the recommended specs. What they can do is optimize the game’s performance, and tell you the minimum and recommended requirements.

They developed software, not the hardware you play on. They can make it fair in the software. Whether you are able to use different hardware isn’t their responsibility. Stop trying to strawman this because that’s not what they meant and people who go and twist words to try to fit their arguments are wrong. Which includes you since you are demanding that someone is cheating just because you didn’t buy a better monitor, keyboard, or mouse.

4 Likes

Firstly. Software.

Second, they try to stop everything they can. If they start makin the game only playable in 60hz then they’re going I low a lot of players.

No, they havent done everything in their power to create an even playing field. For example, if they wanted to they could cap your FPS to 60 no?

1 Like

Ey way to take a small chunk out of my post completely out of context. Respect!

Every player is equally equipped with the same copy of the game and the freedom to play with their hardware of choice. For some players, their hardware of choice might have been their only option and isnt the best. For others, they have nice setups.

1 Like

Oh my god dude, really? Is it really this hill you want to make a stand on, capped FPS?

Yeah I just kind got caught on the functioning fingers thing