"Every player equally equipped"

majority isnt everyone. “Every player” means every player, not the majority

“Every player” is the impossible ideal. It’s understandable that Blizzard can’t truly have everyone equally equipped - but they can try or in their words “strive for” a level playing field. They simply don’t. Make sense?

its not impossible. just make the changes i suggested.

My mouse driver is software and it lets me change my DPI at any time because it’s a gaming mouse and gaming mouse driver (Logitech.)

There would still be things outside of their control like the mouse you use.

I wasn’t aware that the community manager is missinformed about these kind of things:

we are talking about software remember? dont change the topic

No. We’re talking about being able to limit the advantages of better hardware within software. The whole point of this thread is that “every player equally equipped” should apply to both hardware and software.

There may be ways of limiting the advantage a better mouse gives you - for instance, have the game read the specs of the mouse plugged in and add the desired amount of input delay to the user. I haven’t looked into that.

The standards you proposed such as 30FPS would still leave some of the players out. If one single player can only get 10FPS, then you’d have to limit to 10FPS for the entire playerbase. Where do you make the cutoff point?

This post is the perfect example as to why the devs don’t visit these forums to often.

1 Like

You are right. we must have 10 fps max

In a world where Blizzard “strives for a level playing field” - yes. Their claim therefore must be incorrect as we know that’d never happen. (Why stop at 10 though? One person may only get 1FPS, 360p).

Then no one would play the game.

Stop nitpicking already. Something just aren’t allowed.

What would you have blizzard do? Seriously

Correct - which is why a level playing field is actually undesirable for Blizzard. Which means their claim of wanting “every player equally equipped” and “we strive for a level playing field” is dishonest. Which proves I’m right.

There’s a reason behind everything. This is discussion forum and we’re free to discuss Blizzard’s reasoning here. Or do you accept every rule or law in your life as always being correct without questioning anything ever? We’d still be in the Dark Ages with that mentality.

Retract or change their statement and be honest with us. Stop the double standard. If one thing that gives you an advantage isn’t allowed why should other things that potentially give even greater advantages be allowed?

1 Like

I think this whole thing is pointless

True equality will never be attained anywhere, people can still strive for it, but that doesn’t mean they can achieve it

I don’t see how this is an issue really, I don’t see any bad things happening because they said what they said

It’s just pointless

and? I’m against the ban on pursuit and been giving the same example as you. If pursuit is banned why not logitech mouse software that allows you to have macros

Because having better hardware isn’t cheating obviously. It’s also quite clear that Blizzard cannot police it.
Beside that there are minimum requirements stated for the game and as long as you fullfill them you’re good to go.

What are you guys thinking? If having a better rig is a bannable offense then gaming hardware industry soon will be in the trash bin, because then it’d be bannable for every game, not only overwatch.

Just stop. It’s a stupid argument.

Cheating or not it’s a clear advantage. Something Blizzard claim to be against as they say players should be equally equipped.

Yes they can police it:
Frame lock
Res lock
Network lock
Etc

1 Like

You are free to get a better rig. It’s not cheating, so not bannable. Period.
You having a potato rig isn’t other player’s or Blizzard’s fault.

Thirdparty software however is an extension to the game itself.

Again: It’s a dumb argument and it’s also very clear that noone serious will fall for it.