Ever Been Tilted From Not Being Thanked?

Because I was on Saturday. xD Gather around kids and let Penth tell you the story of just how quickly she realized Lucio ain’t worth a damn thing anymore.

So it’s Oasis. Control map yay! Mercy decides to duo with me. Double yay! We dance in the lobby and everything! We’re friends! Our main tank is Winston. Cool, I get to do some speedin’! Seems like it’s gonna be fun!

Match starts. We rush point, but lose it. It’s okay. Our Winston is quite the diver though. He keeps going on ahead and I keep having to try and peel or just hang back and let him die. Despite this, on one of his rushes from spawn where he survived quite the onslaught before backing out, he stopped to type out:

“I just want to say that you did a good job there Mercy. Thank you!”

I grumble and puff my chest a little bit.

Hey I can be a good support too, and I’m gonna show him.

I got my chance moments later. Mei had walled off our Winston and was icing him up. I sprung into action, skimming over the wall, booping her away before she could send one more popsicle through his eyeball to bag herself an exotic animal trophy, speeding him away from the area, and healing him up as much as I could.

You know what I got in return?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

He didn’t even give me the bone of a quick Communication Wheel effort.

So what I learned is that Mercy can keep a lock-on beam on someone and they will stop and write out a custom thank you message for it. I go through the trouble of scaling an ice wall with just my own skates and sheer determination, employ successful crowd control, and get us both out of there safely- essentially throwing myself on the front lines for someone- and I get squat.

This meta is making me lose it.

And I know someone from the back is going to say “Stop complaining and do your job, you dreadlocked hippie!”

IT’S THE PRINCIPLE, GOSH-DANGIT!

So that’s my story. Do you have any stories of going above and beyond and not getting noticed?

17 Likes

Why would you even expect anything.

14 Likes

Excuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess. I didn’t expect Mercy to get a written soliloquy for merely targeting someone with a near-unbreakable jump rope. D8<

7 Likes

well, mercy is a queen and everyone should bow to her. Y

I’m not bowing to a hypocrite who disingenuously wonders aloud “Must violence always be the solution?” before running into battle and whipping that pistol out like she’s in Wanted.

7 Likes

But the question is, can Mercy sling her pistol to bend bullets in flight? :wink:

2 Likes

In this story I see you downplaying your team’s Mercy contributions, while hyping up your own. You want Winston to notice your efforts but fail to notice Mercy. Then you expect us to agree that you above others should be thanked?

Sorry, but that’s not a sentiment i can relate to at all. I don’t expect thanks, though it’s always nice. And I don’t get jealous if someone else is thanked because it means I probably have a competent teammate and it’s nice to play with competent people.

10 Likes

The trick unlocked the key to resurrection of dead organisms, and got hard nerfed and is still running the whole class. She might as well be able to bend bullets.

I didn’t want to be thanked above Mercy. I just wanted Winston to know I helped him too. Screw me I guess.

Then why are you putting down the Mercy, as if you deserved it more than her? Your team’s Mercy did well, be glad that you had two good healers on your team and leave it at that. Nobody needs to be thanked anyway.

1 Like

I usually wait to after match. if I get a healer card I wait to see how many votes I get

I have had 15k in healing and not received a single vote, didn’t get mad

1 Like

I didn’t deserve to be thanked for her healing the Winston when she healed the Winston, and me acknowledging that is apparent thrice in the story, in particular the line “I can be a good support too.” The whole point of the yarn was to contrast the reactions from Winston to the efforts of both healers saving his life from similar circumstances.

Trust me, no one- including me- is going to come out of this thinking Mercy is somehow a bad healer. You’re safe in that regard.

I don’t get mad at a lack of votes because I can’t tell how people decide to vote or how they feel like doing it due to the anonymity of it all. Honestly, I don’t vote a lot of the time myself.

I get mad when I get called a trash healer and get the card anyway, especially if the person who said as such leaves when the cards show up. Cowards.

4 Likes

I legit had golden healing over my team’s Mercy and they thanked her for the heals INSTEAD OF ME.

Just because I was Moira !

Nobody thanks Moira for the healing ! Always the golden girl with the golden hair even if she underperforms !

Never felt more Moira in my life !

11 Likes

Moiras have saved my life before, and I try to thank them (and other healers) when they get the tanks back up when my Amp’s on cooldown.

Also, one time a McCree kept spamming for heals while standing still on the payload. I was next to him and healing him up. I could see the hairs in his beard.

I get him up to like 95%. Mercy tops him off with her beam. She gets directly thanked.

“Lol WTF?”

1 Like

’ We thank Mercy because she plays a boring role and character hurr durr ', as if her mains play her by force or the task of healing is easier for the rest of support characters while jokes on them, Mercy has the easiest time healing people.

I just can’t –

1 Like

Got 0 updoots with 31k healing as mercy while one of our dps with 27k damage got 6 updoots. Feelsbadman

6 Likes

https://static.vibe.com/files/2018/04/DYsRzMgVQAEblU6-1522766043-768x1024.jpg

This is the real story right here. What percentage of damage healed was that? How long was the match? I want more details because that’s insane.

3 Likes

snap

Yep this one’s going in my cringe compilation.

1 Like

Once in a match I was running tank because of insta-lock DPS who just kept dying and not getting any kills. I got fed up with their inability to actually kill anything, switched to Tracer towards the end and went to town on the enemies, single-handedly clearing the objective TWICE and dying in the process. Despite that they STILL somehow managed to not secure the point. Match ends and I get a card for like 65% kill participation with a lot of eliminations (even though I switched towards the end) , but instead they throw all their votes at the Mercy they stacked with, who of course got a ton of healing in because they were running willy nilly and dying like crazy. Annoying as all get out.

1 Like

Watch out everyone, we got a bad mofo over here.

It was Route 66, the match wasn’t even abnormally long. I’m not even sure how I did that much healing, mostly my teammates were just careful enough to not die outright when I was killed and I just slurped up the lost health when I came back.

1 Like