Error Applying Update - Hotfix Edition

I’ve tried reinstalling Overwatch, and all of the above solutions about deleting the battle.net folders from %localappdata% and %programdata% and I’m still getting the error. It’s not really worth the time investment anymore. Ill try anything more that gets posted but I’ll just wait for a hotfix I guess? :\

Hey Y’all,

We got word back from some players that a repair is needed after removing the overwatch folder. Can you retest this method with the added step of the repair if you’re still having problems with the PC client?

Some players are mentioning problems with the Battle.net app as well. The steps in this final paragraph here are only useful if that’s the problem you’re having. If you start having problems with your battle.net app. It’s probably an unrelated issue - something interfering with the app itself like a security program or out of date operating system. You may need to uninstall your security temporarily and ensure your windows is up to date to get the latest windows defender updates. If all else fails reinstall the app entirely.

I have the same Issue after 1.44.0.0.65302 update. I tried all the advices shared here, but nothing helped.

The only difference from other players situation is that I have message “unknow error (HF-5)” after few minutes of trying to “apply update”. Is there any other way to solve it?

2 Likes

I had this issue today. Went through a TON of troubleshooting, right up to uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the Battlenet app. Ended up contacting Blizzard customer support. We tethered my phone to my PC, and using its internet connection, attempted to enter a match. It worked. Upon returning to my home internet connection the problem remained resolved.

Edit: May have spoke too soon. I can enter games, but get this error upon loading in:

UPDATES DISABLED
YOU MAY BE UNABLE TO PLAY IF AN UPDATE IS REQUIRED (HF-501).

This is definitely a networking problem. Will report back once I’ve figured it out.

Hey, where did you see these logs?

A post was split to a new topic: Lol - Update Errors (PS4)