Lol - Update Errors (PS4)

Hey, so what if i’m facing this issue on PS4? is there a way to fix it reliably or am i going to have to deal with it on every update?

1 Like

Lol,

The Error Applying Update error is typically a connectivity problem with consoles. You posted on a super old thread - since then we’ve found that there are several things that can cause this. Unfortunately as with all connectivity issues it’s hard to give just one step that fits all situations, but usually it’s one of a few things so we can try a couple options and see how things go.

The first thing I’d recommend is powering down your console and unplugging both it and your modem/router for about 10 minutes. This’ll clear all your caches. Come back after, plug everything back in, and retest.

If that alone doesn’t work, the other major thing that causes it is usually being on wifi. Try patching over ethernet instead of wifi.

If neither works, let me know exactly what error code and message you get, and anything else you’ve tried to fix this. I can check for more options with that.