Entire Overwatch account banned for no reason

I’ve had this account since about 2017. I’ve never gotten any warnings for anything. I never talk in voice chat, I hardly ever talk in text chat and when I do it’s a gg!. I don’t throw games and I have never cheated. When I appealed the ban asking why, they sent me this link Blizzard Support - Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct - If they’re going to permanantly ban an account they should at least tell you a general reason.

5 Likes

I go tthe same but for a suspension. Won’t even give me a human response. Absolute joke. I know I have done nothing wrong.

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems they just reply with an automated response. They give no general reason such as toxicity or cheating or anything either is what really bugs me like why are they just sending a link to an article. I’m okay with the ban if they just give me a legitimate reason. Really upsetting to lose an account with 7 years worth of stuff on it. :confused:

2 Likes

Sorry this happened to you too. Others and I are in the same boat, as you can see in this topic: I randomly got banned today and idk why ;-; - #8 by FlaxKodo-1777

Never had any warnings, never talk in VC, don’t cheat, don’t throw, etc either… And I’ve been VERY actively playing since the release of OW2.

I also had the standard automated response about the Code of Conduct, after a few hours of sending my appeal. I’ve sent a new reply to that, and it’s been over a day now without a reply, so hopefully they’re looking into it.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened to you too. :confused: It sounds like we are in the same exact boat. Please respond here if you end up getting your account back and how you did, I’ll do the same for you if I somehow get lucky.

3 Likes

Thank you, and I for sure will. I’ll also keep you updated if I got a reply to my second message.

2 Likes

Hey that’s my comment haha

I’m really glad to see that others are in the same boat. I’m thinking there’s gotta be something wrong with their anti-cheat/anti-xim detection. I got a bot reply to my appeal and I responded back to it, and if I don’t hear back from a real person in the next couple days I’m gonna reach out to Blizzard CS on Twitter. Hoping for the best for all of us!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking too.

And same, I got a bot reply to mine as well. I responded back to it, but no reply yet. Been almost 3 days now.

1 Like

i was also randomly given an entire season 10 ban for no reason, hope it gets fixed

1 Like

My account randomly got unbanned?!!??! I didn’t get an email or anything, I just checked my Bnet and saw that the “account banned” tag was gone. I did tweet the BlizzardCS Twitter earlier today but they didn’t reply so I don’t think that had anything to do with it. I still haven’t heard anything about my ticket since I got the first bot reply.

Hope your account is back too or will come back soon!!

1 Like

I’m very glad that at least you are unbanned, unfortunately mine is banned for now, but apparently progress does not stand still and soon everyone will be unbanned

1 Like

They finally responded to me reopening the ticket, here’s what I said:
“I’d like an actual person to review my case and not get a response from a robot who doesn’t even look. If you’re going to ban my account that has had zero issues for 7 years then I need an actual reason for a ban. My communication has never been inapropriate, my name has never been inapropriate, I have never cheated, and all I do is play the game like a normal person. Please give me an actual human response.”
& they responded with:
“Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ve had this penalty reviewed and were able to find evidence that allowed us to overturn the action. We’ve very sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for your patience.”

I took no other action other than that, I really hope everyone who was falsely banned gets their account back!! GL guys<3

Love that for you. I’m sick of reading posts here and across reddit saying these bans are deserved and if you get banned then it’s never a mistake and you 100% did something wrong. So tired of these corporate bootlickers, im pressed af

Agreed I made a post on reddit too when I got banned and the most upvoted comment on it is “are you sure u werent being toxic?” it’s annoying but whatever. Blizzard for sure needs better customer service.

If you believe you were unjustly banned, please take the time to submit an appeal ticket. If you receive an auto response, simply reopen the ticket for the evidence to be reviewed by another person. Also, please note that an appeal will not give you the opportunity to chat about the situation, it’s just a way to request someone new to review evidence against your account.

Thank you for seeing this topic! However, I and some of the players who sent the ticket have simply been ignored for several days, mine for 3 and 2 days, and player named Khashi gets 4 days ignored

The tickets are answered in the order received. I don’t know the whole priority system, only that real-life threats and hacked accounts rank higher (for obvious reasons). Definitely wait for the current ticket to receive a response. Don’t open a duplicate ticket because it won’t speed up the process.

So glad for you! Happy it’s solved for you.

Gives me a lot of hope for the rest of us :pray:

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

I was also permanently banned and I sent in a ticket with an automated response last week. I then sent a new ticket 2 days ago and got a reply saying the action won’t be overturned. I was given no reason for the ban other than “various and continued actions” in the email they sent a week ago. I have never threatened anyone ingame or used any sort of hack. I have not sworn or used any profane language either. I feel a permanent ban is extremely excessive. I know there are a lot of people in the same boat as me on this. Where do we even go from here?

Have you had any suspensions on your account before?