Entire Overwatch account banned for no reason

That is a very normal response. Blizzard rarely discloses the specific actions that lead to a ban, only that the user broke their terms of service.

You can reopen the tickets until the staff advises you not to do so anymore.

I had my entire ticket about being falsely banned answered and resolved within 48 hours. There are other people in the same situation who have been waiting over 72 hours for a response to them reopening the ticket. Flawed system. :confused:

Hi Nicole , What is the link to appeal a ban? Is it the “account got hacked” option? I also got randomly banned, after playing overwatch 1 and 2 since launch.

Actually found it - If you would like to submit an appeal, please Blizzard Support - Contact Support

it’s like that but a GM will respond, it may just take some time.

I’m having the same issue too and it’s frustrating.

I was never broke the TOS or in game policies, i never said anything worth a perma ban (yes, i’m perm banned, no warning ever or issues, just perm banned).

and now the GM finally replied to my ticket and said " After another review for you, we’ve checked and confirmed our initial findings. I’m afraid that in cases like this, we’ll not be able to overturn this penalty for you."

How do you say this, but in the same email (i was never told BEFORE or AFTER) why i got banned?

LOL

this makes me think they are literally rushing through tickets and talking non-sense and unbanning might be too much work for them.

i genuinely don’t see these cases being taken in good faith.

that’s how they make me feel.

Like i notice how streamers may have a easier time getting unbanned because they have video proof and stuff, but for non-streamers like me, it’s harder to prove anything with only your word espically when they refuse to tell you WHY YOU GOT BANNED (perm at this too).

Like does it make sense for an account that has no bad history, no warnings, no chat ban, no comp ban (unless you disconnected because internet or eletricity goes out), you barely use the chat and one day you are just playing ranked, finish a game and the next thing you know you’re PERMA BANNED and was told by the BOT and the GM that you broke their policies but they refuse to tell you what exactly you did?

not even a catergoery like for cheating, bad language etc (I don’t cheat btw).

even if someone used bad language, don’t these kinds of people just get chat banned for a while?

from what i’m currently seeing, a lot of people are getting banned for little to nothing and they seem love doubling downing on the bans and moving on.

this is sickening.

Edit:

I also know about people abusing the report system by false report spamming, but when it works and the GMS double down on the ban, lol…

It makes me think i’m one of those people targeted by it because before i got banned, i had a tank i was constantly healing in 1st game inting as monkey and throwing the game.

2nd game i was against him and won.

3rd game i got him again and right after that i got banned.

so apart of me really feels like this person (probably wasn’t this person or only this person) who abused the report system, spamming it.

As for my accout, still banned and again was told by a GM to send another ticket in about the issue if i wanted.

sent one in today and likely wont hear about it for like a week (if lucky).

If they are advising people to re-submit a ticket, surely then this would mean they can still unban us right?

if not then why bother say that?

again as someone who’s not a streamer who has videos and stuff to help them with their case, I ONLY HAVE MY WORDS, so i don’t know what more to say or ask to get them to empathize and unban me and others who felt like we’ve been unjustly banned.

1 Like

I submitted a ban appeal 4 days ago and received an automated “blah blah blah, we are not overturning this ban” message. I asked for a manual review and haven’t heard anything for 3 days.

I logged in to battle.net and see my account is no longer banned. Still no update on the ticket.

1 Like

That’s good, I got an automated response and re-opened the ticket. I will check if I have been unbanned.

well then… I got unbanned.

this is kinda awkward (i’m very thankful/greatful though).

It’s funny, my appeal ticket finally got a follow up response from Blizzard and it was just the automated message:

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies ( Blizzard Support - Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct ), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

I’ve been unbanned for days now…

1 Like

I’m still banned for hacking after 6 days now. Got an automated reply twice. When I have never hacked in my life. I just spent £38 on a battle pass and skins recently. Why would I pay if I was cheating and risking being banned. Battle net is such a terrible app too can’t even load properly in old OS’s.

I have been dealing with an automated response regularly… i dont even care about the suspension, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID… I am a top performer in every lobby and have VC turned off. I keep my chat at or below a PG rating.

Just admit that your report system is OBVIOUSLY automated and abused…

I’m a volunteer and don’t work at Blizzard. They rarely disclose the specific reason, only that you broke their EULA terms. They do this so people don’t find ways to get around their penalty systems. Yes, I know it sounds lame when it comes to chat violations, but there are people who go to great lengths to avoid getting flagged while they say really bad things.

1 Like

I have VC turned off, keep chat to G-PG, no cursing or harassment… All i want is a gamemaster to review my chatlogs (Typed) and explain specifically what term of service I violated. I have given Blizzard hundreds of dollars over multiple overwatch accounts. If youre going to steal from me (payed to play) im am owed a reason why.

You can request the review, but you won’t receive an explanation through the appeal system. See my reply above:

so what I’m getting is that there is a chance to be unbanned after being falsely banned as long as you spam the ticket? I was banned 3 days ago for the same reason even though I had done nothing wrong.

Edit: still banned and now have two tickets opened no response on the second one yet the first one was given the “our tos blah blah blah”