Enough with the Mercy Thread Quarentine

Which is the point of an ultimate, to save fights, to change the tide of a battle. In reality Mercy just flies over her team, extra healing, extra damage boosting, and if she’s really unlucky, getting solo ulted by a Mccree or Soldier.

Here’s the thing though, did they ignore the feedback? Or did they just listen to it from the other side? I think it’s the second one, because clearly they prefer that one, or that one is more prevalent (It is certainly more prevalent on Reddit). Obviously one side isn’t gonna get what they want. That’s just the way it goes, but the side that got what they want is quieter because people who have what they want are always quieter by default.

3 Likes

If the devs were reading the thread then their total posts read count would be a lot higher.

Except they are not. There is no evidence that the devs even read the thread at all. They have not responded to any of the concerns being posted.

In fact the only recent response was not in the megathread till a moderator came in, locked the thread the post was in, and dumped the thread into the megathread.

And that response was to essentially just say “because pickrate we have no intention to touch her”.

Rally, Coalescence, and Nanoboost hold similar purposes. Engagement ults are a thing too, so this ult isn’t out of place.

sadly what warranted a rework wasn’t just people feeling like she was unfun to play against, she was encouraging counter intuitive gameplay, either she asked you to go die on point or her team told her to stop healing and go hide, there are quite a few memes about diabolical mercy going around as well

There’s also the fact that, as a lot of Mercy mains admit, she was F-tier, you might have enjoyed it but the idea of having 28 heroes isn’t to have a few viable and all the rest niche, devs are trying to make all heroes accessible for most people, sadly this alienates those who enjoy niche mechanics, that’s why I say she’s healthier for the game

Ultimately having a mechanic that has an optimal usage will always end up with people going for that, for example with widow you always go for the headshot when your bodyshots could easily kill a half health hero. Same with Scatter arrow, a lot of people used it for corner kills but the optimal usage was foot shot so it had to go

3 Likes

You realize Jeff has said they are leaving her this way THREE times, right? Here’s the latest:

As a Mercy main myself, I’m embarrassed by the insistent amount of sheer whining going on. You asked if they will revert her, they said No. You continued to whine. You asked if they will change her, they said No, and you continue to complain.

Where is your proof of this? Did you poll the entire Overwatch community and playerbase?

The forums only make up a TINY portion of the playerbase. The people who want Mercy changed make up an even SMALLER portion of the forums.

They HAVE. They said she is fine and they aren’t going to fix her! Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean they aren’t communicating!

I, for one, am glad they are never bringing back Hide-And-Rez Mercy 1.0. Mercy is the most balanced she has ever been, her pickrates are very high, she is strong but also fair and has counterplay, and she is fun for many people.

If someone doesn’t enjoy Mercy, they shouldn’t play her.

Sym is getting reworked soon, they are changing her entire kit. Many former Sym mains will stop playing her, many Sym mains will continue to play her, and many new Sym players will start playing her. That’s how it was with Mercy. It’s normal for some people to dislike balance changes, they can go play one of the other 27 heroes.

3 Likes

Maybe on the forums the Mercy dissatisfaction is louder than the status quo crowd, but that doesn’t account for people who don’t forum. Don’t make claims like these, you can’t in anyway prove any numbers on the matter, especially when she is still so highly picked in game. Generally, people who are not upset don’t come to the forums to voice how content they are, they just play the game they are happy with. It’s not a mystery why the forums are mostly composed of negativity and nerf or buff threads i.e. dissatisfaction.

2 Likes

Since you want skill so bad, I hope they take the auto aim off the staff just to please you.

This is true as well, I totally agree.

I’d say both parties are right and wrong👍

Thanks for pointing that out SputnikGt😁

1 Like

When other Mercy players say she is easier now, it’s ironic because they also complain that Rez is “useless” (aka they are bad and die too much to succesfully rez) and they also don’t have instant rez as a crutch for their poor healing anymore. Having high impact as Mercy is a lot harder now than it was with Mercy 1.0, but they will never admit that as it doesn’t fit their balance agenda :joy:

With Mercy 1.0, you could stand behind a wall, wait for the fight to be almost over, fly out and press Q. Guardian Angel was also more simple and less skillful.

Valkyrie requires coordination and proper timing, it also requires you to use it BEFORE your team dies.

2 Likes

Not to mention shes the only main healer with vertical movement.

1 Like

Fingers crossed we eventually get another vertical mobile healer.

2 Likes

Or they could give Ana wallclimb :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Eeeeeh I’m in the camp that doesn’t think she needs that. (Though, a disengage definitely yes.)

Would be interesting since she’s the only sniper in game who can’t get on perch’s to get the high ground.

2 Likes

Or headshot. She’s like one of the only heroes that cannot headshot (another noteworthy thing that snipers can do).

1 Like

She won’t be touched. The nerf helped to become mercy in a healing bot.

1 Like

Why do all of you think the mods have to click on these to move them to the trash bin? I’d be angry as hell if I was a mod and had to go into every mercy thread to move them. And also it’s mods moving them you really think they make the balance decisions?

ye that aswell would be nice. would reward accurate ana’s (headshots for healing could heal for more and or longer. something like that)

1 Like

I THOUGHT OF THAT TOO!

Like legit thought headshotting allies would give better healing. I mean if they won’t let her headshot enemies make her all the more unique with that

1 Like