⭐️ Endorsements are POINTLESS

I got an account warning for being reported, then the next day I got a loot box. Endorsements are worthless

1 Like

Well a lot of us warned you that more social features would not impact the game as much as players thought they would.

But hey lets keep ignoring the old time gamers wisdom and experiences.

There was a game when I got matched with a whole team of level 3 endorsements players including myself, and the enemy players weren’t. They actually had some higher ranked players than us. We joked that we were all fake nice people. 5 minutes into the game and we were completely owning the enemy team with a full hold a few meters in front of the dorado starting point. They had terrible composition and terrible team work, while all of us worked together and kept making calls. The endorsements do matter. It shows how much of a good team mate you are, even if you are the so called ‘fake nice’.

Forget the lootboxes, and take the endorsement badge as a token of appreciation for being a good teammate. That sentiment will keep you from getting tilted and going toxic at your team when things go rough.

Don’t you get loot boxes equal to your endorsement level every 2 weeks? I get a splash screen with a RoadHog giving me a thumbs up, telling me to keep up the good work or something.

1 Like

Old time gamer here. I have advocated for a way to commend players for a very long time, and it has reduced toxicity by a quarter. That’s significant, and well worth having such a system.

For that same time it was implimented. Less than a month reports were reduced because of experimentation of the LFG system. So…you should give credit to that social feature not endorsements. Which promoting “false” positivity for the promise of free loot.

Which is failing now because there is not loot and upkeeping an endorsement level high is more difficult and demanding than a normal comp rank.

Also shame on you. You know theres no way to measure toxicity. The only measure that they can follow is the reduction of reports of toxicity.

You should know this…

Blizz literally implemented a point n click xp bonus adventure ofc im gonna use it lol

Above post form me was meant for you. Reply glitch.

Perhaps I am to be shamed, ridiculed and driven out to live under the mountain and talk to a little golden ring, but I’ll take the statistics provided by the devs over your assertion, as they mirror my own experience. Even playing solo queue in Quick Play has resulted in almost no toxicity and even better team compositions. The combination of strict enforcement of the ToS and endorsements has been an outstanding one-two punch.

You don’t accept this, and wish to shame me. That’s up to you, but by your own admission you don’t play the game anymore. You wouldn’t know, would you?

I’ve gotten 7 loot boxes so far from endorsements. 3 earlier today that were all summer games loot boxes which contained some pretty good shiny. It’s not much but it’s not exactly nothing either. If you play well you get more endorsements.

Oh come now. You know just as much as I Blizzard only announces vague statistics that they can promote from and hide negative stats from public eyes.

So much so they actually consider is a prpfession censoring things.

Again, the statistics mirror my own experience, so yes I will be taking them over your uninformed view.

It’s about creating POSITIVITY and rewarding someone with extra points you think did a well or was nice. It’s up to the community to make it work. Who cares if a couple toxic people are also getting endorsed sometimes. That doesn’t excuse you or them anyway to behave that way which is why the mute, avoid and report function still exists. Just worry about who you endorse and act decently. Honestly, I give shotcaller to everyone I thought did well and I get endorsed back half the time. Stop trying to imply its a failed system just to whine at blizzard because someone said “ez” at you.

1 Like

You see, in a dream world, I’d agree with you. But reality tells a different story. It plays more like a popularity contest rather than a true “you did great!” thing. I’ve seen quite a few level 3s with some serious verbal abusive epithets if you didn’t heal them the right way and all that jazz…and if they haven’t dropped the XP per endorsement reward system, then it’ll be abused for those measly little points until it finally is removed, it doesn’t matter it if the souls who got the endorsements did anything of real value to begin with…

Thats fine. And my views and survies will continue to contradict your unbending denial to the issues at hand.

This game will never improve when you cloud the problems that need fixing.

I did not once deny the positive experience of LFG but I will not inflate a social “thumbs up button” that has barely scartched the surface of changing any game I have experienced with such a system.

So you’re either lying or have never experienced a game with endorsements before.

So take my advice or not. Doesn’t matter. Endorsements do little in terms of change.

Yes, you are correct. It does NOT do the job it was intended to do at all. There needs to be NEGATIVE endorsement and maybe then they’ll do something. But that hurts people’s feelings and their safe space so :confused:

I just wanna remind people that both of these systems are being abused.

That is not okay. We need proper moderation. Not an excuse of a system to somehow stave off the plague of toxicity.

Right now you can do so much before getting reported and the endorsement system has not shown any promises for its rewarding system or improving game experience.

The only thing it changed is people complain less and try to play with a mask on at all times. Which doesn’t help those peoples’ goal of enjoying the game in the first place but make it worse.

I disagree with negative endorsements. Those would be as abused as the positive ones are right now. Again, I understand the intent: to try to correct a wrong. I just see people ganging up on somebody they don’t like with that kind of system, however (I can imagine the negative endorsements piling up on a poor Sombra or Symmetra main, for example, 'cause nooo, she’s a throw pick or something…)

Literally punishments can’t be handed out. Only positive re-inforcement. I can pretty much not worry about getting endorsed and play like garbage… and ruin people’s games. NOTHING gets done. NOTHING. This is why people get toxic. We can’t complain about toxicity and about it not going away when we’re not willing to punish people hard for not playing for the team.

We’ve had “negative endorsements” for years – it’s the report button.

1 Like