Endorsement Level went down

I made it to level 2 this week, says enough again, time to use smurfs instead ^^.
first level 5

im having the same exact problem. I have been endoresement 4 for months on end, until the new patch where i would randomly get bumped down to level 3 then get back up to 4. Has happened at least 3 times when i dont get endorsed for at least 1 match. Im not toxic person either and always endorese others.

1 Like

My endorsement also went down from 4 to 3, all of a sudden. I’ve done nothing offensive or negative to game play. I am always getting endorsements. Whats up?

Last night I was level 4. I normally get at least 2 endorsements every game (on average). After my third game, where I did receive endorsements, I dropped down to 3. I would really like to know why.

1 Like

happened to me, too after i got 3 endorsements from one group

Same as getting a mute, when you have 10+ good GREAT games in a row,
only because I did misbehave the night before, there timing is not really perfect.

Just ignore, is my advice.

I’m playing on PS4 for over two years now. The endorsement system is really bad. I’m jumping from to 3 to 4 and vice versa. I never leave games, always endorse and usually get endorsements myself. However, I noticed recently that you are asked to endorse when being put in a game that just ended (mine was a defeat). I gave out three endorsements even though I wasn’t part of the game, however, I didn’t get one of course. This really needs to change! If you get reported for whatever reason then you should at least be informed about it. There are too many kids not taking this whole endorsement thing serious enough!

I’m pretty sure it goes down if someone reports you or avoids you as a teammate

@RobotWizard
No, it does not:

Honestly, I’m not sure why I’m expected to care about an endorsement system that ends up being entirely arbitrary based on how much time you play to collect them. I’m sorry if my sportsmanship for 90 minutes a day isn’t as valued as someone who plays for 4 hours, but if this is how the system is run I don’t really see any need to place any importance on it.

Lol, what is this thread?
Is this cross posted from somewhere?

I’m wondering if this is lucio balls fault? Like the endorsement lovingfest going on in there is pushing the average down? This isn’t effecting me really though.

Endorsement doesn’t decay when your’e offline afaik. Got a mate who’s mostly always 4 and he doesn’t play all day every day.

Things I’ve noticed / Ways to keep level.

ACTUALLY DO A GOOD JOB HEALING
Everyone votes for the healer, you don’t have to be mercy, just don’t go solo dps moira or lucio boops only and wonder why nobody voted.

PLAY TANK FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE
And don’t suck at it, its like the game knows how players behave I stg. It puts people who actually give a toss about the objective together. And it definitely does that against a group of no flex dps to test them, I’ve seen many matches where 4 flankers tickle some shields while a bunker pushes playload from start to end barely contested.

FILL ROLES
I have exactly this had happen to me WAY TOO MANY TIMES TO BE COINCIDENCE:
Everythings great, winning games, filling roles.
Suddenly I’m in a match with 5 dps… They all run off alone and die, repeatedly.
My choices:
Pick dps also, selfishly try not to die, desperately farm medals
result - I drop from 4 to 3 at the end of the round
Pick heals (or tank), don’t die, and (hopefully) touch the objective more than anyone else
result - I have to do this LIKE 5 LOVING GAMES IN A ROW OR SOMETHING, all losses of course. But generally, you can pass though this “ARE YOU A USELESS DPS ZOMBIE RUINING OTHER PPLS GAMES” testing phase without dropping level by actually playing the game the way its designed… who knew? :smirk:

ACTUALLY BE THERE FOR TEAM FIGHTS
Don’t be that guy who W+M1’s in and expects the rest of the team to be psychic enough to know when to fix your mistakes.
Yeah there are DPS who are endorse 4, they pick counters, the don’t stay countered because they are ‘jUsT pRaCtIcInG’ and exclaim in chat that someone is a sweatlord for like… Just being the right toon and playing the game properly?
Good dps go with the team, know when to support the back line so healers don’t die and… work FROM the tanks. Tanks have ultimate’s that basically let DPS hold M1 to win but nah, ya’ll gotta be off dying in the enemy back line.

So yeah, TLDR: there’s like some kinda algorithm that knows if you give a crap about what you are doing and whether its tied to you sucking directly or the endorsement system I can’t say. But it’s not hard to keep, a majority of the 4’s and 5’s are bronze to gold SR from what I’ve heard.

Or just go play Lucio ball and vote it up every round, idk i’m not your father.

My Endorsement Level has decreased from 4 to 3 about 5 times in the last month.

Ignore it :), I did reach level 0 starting at first level 5 for months .

No one on earth:

Me: Starts overwatch
Blizzard: Here are some endorsments from your match yesterday but wait! Also a chest for being positive keep it up!

ALSO BLIZZARD: But wait there is more let’s get you back to level 1.

If this weren’t so sad I would laugh my bottom off

Why bump this thread? It should be closed since it’s now basically a dump for these kind of messages.

On a semi-related note, it sucks when you play well (receive golds, even upvotes at match conclusion), talk not at all or mnimal in voice or chat, receive 0 endorsements, and go down in endorsement level. : - /

Seriously bump this still. I mean c’mon no impact is going to be made.

This is still happening. I got to level 4, exited the client, then came back 30 mins later to play some more and it fell back down to 3.

PLEASE BUMP THIS.

You realize that the endorsements from previous matches will not immeadiatly be taken into consideration for the System.

Let’s say you played 5 matches gained 0-2 endorsements. That would most likely result in you dropping but it doesn’t instantly do that so you could y’know maybe get more endorsements. Then the system probably resets the waiting time and then just lowers your rank.

This bug has been investigated for a while :clown_face: