Emongg's Stream Sold me on Role Queue

Oh trust me, I know. I was a vanilla WoW player who started off as a DPS main and became one of the main DPS players in my guild’s raid throughout 3 expansions. I was there when the system was first implemented.

I used to just go do quests or search for specific pets to collect because of how long my DPS qs were for LFG raids and dungeons. It was brutal.

I’ve put this idea for role queue with three separate SR brackets for each role on these forums a few times already, glad to see they were talking over it.

With how much people complain about triple support and triple or quad tank compositions, I’ve always been of the mind that 2/2/2 should be forced because it’s what MOST people like. It’d be a huge improvement having a well done role queue. As long as it has 3 separate SR brackets.

This game doesn’t just stand to improve from it, it needs it for a major bump in consistent good games instead of like 1 good game where both sides are really giving eachother a good run, something that doesn’t happen as 70% of the games played are just one sided smashings alot of the time, so the game doesn’t just stand to gain from it, it NEEDS IT. Can’t wait for this to become a reality.

I agree, that’s the first kind I could get behind. I feel like I am way better at tanks and supports than dps.

1 Like

Yes lets see how those top500 dps players will do great with their 5 dps teams.

I think you might misunderstand whats being discussed or I am misunderstanding you.

Yeah, I’ve designed a couple Role Queue systems, and I was really intrigued by this one.

I think out most recent one is pretty decent tho :stuck_out_tongue:

🌟 [RoleQ] 2Flex-2-2 is the answer

1 Like

I’ve opposed all of the ones you’ve designed too if I’m not mistaken.

Maybe, did you see this one?
🌟 [RoleQ] 2Flex-2-2 is the answer

The vast majority of LFG with locked roles was ?-2-2.

The majority of the top class players are actualy DPS players, yes they can perform well on the other categories but they are not top class players on that other category.

Yup, I’m the third reply on that thread. =P

Which is why it’s 3 separate MMRs for each role you play >.>
You can be a plat dps, diamond support, and a mid master tank respectively.

Complement: Final fantasy xiv:
Queue as as dps: 20 min
Queue as tank: instant(plus bonuses for picking the class no one picks, like extra gil/other currencies and extra exp)

1 Like

Maybe some DPS mains should realize that they aren’t good at DPS, and play their true role. Then maybe queue times won’t be long for them.

Not some random master players, theres a huge gap between 4300 to 4100 to 3900 to 3600

Oh I guess you did.

Kinda forgot about it because your response was “this is bad because it’s not LFG”.

Which really didn’t make much sense to me.

I don’t know, I enjoy playing Mercy, Moira, and Orisa, but I also like to DPS when I’m tired of healing

LFG was a bit of a failed attempt at it wasn’t it >.> It’s actually a complete non functional system in OCE, to the point everyone gave up on it and it just never has anyone using it or even checking if anyone is trying to use it.

It was more, “It’s still introducing more problems than it is solving” and I felt LFG was the best known solution as its only flaw was longer queue times but solved all the problems (Other than people aren’t using it).

The system Emongg and Jeff spoke on still introduced new problems, but nowhere near as many as a standard Role Queue would.

So I am in favor of it.

Chro is consistently a Top 500 Junkrat since launch.