Emily should be added as a healer

I think it’s time for overwatch to have a new hero. It’s been 5 years Sense we have talked about Tracers girlfriend Emily. I think it would add new excitement to the game to get to play with a character that is such a big part of the cover character of overwatch. Let me know what ya think!

3 Likes

I have no particular desire for Emily or not. I do enjoy the idea of adding more tank/supports into the game for variety within those roles. DPS is very stacked. Its like tank + support = dps in numbers. I’d love to get closer to 1:1:1. Though with 1/2/2/ coming I’d be fine with there being less tanks.

7 Likes

I rather have a brand new hero that is unknown to us at this time.

11 Likes

I feel like Emily was made specifically not to be hero accompanying Tracer in the roster.

I mean, could you imagine how dark Tracer killing her own girlfriend would be?
Or, even worse, seeing her get killed in front of her?

I know it’s just a game but…

I don’t know.

EDIT: I should note that yes, something similar occurs with Brigitte and Torbjorn and Ana and Pharah, but I don’t really like those possible interactions that much either. But they’re already in the game, so it’s far too late to complain about those lol

10 Likes

I agree. I think the pressure that blizzard is under with this lawsuit it wouldn’t hurt for them to put out another lgbtqia+ character. You never know it could be like another mercy and pharah combo

I can see your point but we already have a father daughter killing each other with Brig and Torb. Plus Ana and Pharah.

4 Likes

That’d be amazing.

I also want the hot guy from the meka squad to be added. The white haired guy.

1 Like

Nah emily can stay as a background character, she isn’t really that important to me or anything like that :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Your right I did not even think of that. Dang

I see your point, but I still just don’t think Emily would be an interesting hero, she should stay on the sidelines since that’s what she was made for.

2 Likes

I mean Fareeha often kills her own mother Ana and vice versa lol

1 Like

Yep I agree and hope for more brand new supports and tanks.

1 Like

Nah. Emily doesn’t fit as a playable hero. Like Vincent, they’re better for the lore, maybe cutscenes, maybe as hostages to save in PvE.

Anyway, we’ll have plenty more playable heroes when OW2 arrives. I really hope Lynx Seventeen is one of them. Could really use a Support Hacker that buffs teammates, if that’s how they choose to implement L.S.

7 Likes

Rather than Emily, I’d like a hero who’s a lot more interesting. She’s just a normal girl.

I’d like:

• junkerqueen
  • mauga(?)
  • the cat robot girl from paris
  • the ‘wanted’ female robot/criminal from Paris
  • maximillian (the evil robot with an accent from storm rising)
  • jetpack cat for the memes
  • the girl from the kanezaka spray
  • more of the mecha pilots
3 Likes

don’t we already have something like that where brig can kill her father if you think about it

2 Likes

I think its better for Emily to stay as civilian not a hero.
But thats just my opinion, i think big part of tracer lore is that she have someone she care about that she want make world better place for, someone that is not soldier themself, and someone who she can go back to for some peace between missions.

2 Likes

Awww that’s so cute. I think ur right honestly. I changed my mind lol. Even tho these characters are not real shes deserves that. Thank you for that input cuz now I think differently.

2 Likes

id love to have maximilian and junker queen, but emily would be ccool too

While I say not every background character needs to be a playable hero, I’m wondering more about why a healer? We barely know anything about her.

1 Like

Don’t think we really know anything about Emily other than she’s Tracer’s gf. She could just be some civilian with no real powers.

2 Likes