Embark on a mythic adventure in Overwatch 2 Season 5

I have a question about weekly challenges progress being rolled over to the next week:

So they said “in Season 5, any weekly challenges that are not completed by the time the reset hits will simply roll its progress over to your next week for you to complete.”

Which scenario is correct?

1.) If the challenge is something like “complete 20 games in role queue.” And in week 1, I complete 13 by the end of the week. In week 2, do I have the opportunity to complete the other 7 from week 1 to earn the exp & coins? And then I still have the opportunity to complete the 20 games for week 2 to earn the rewards for that.

Or is it scenario 2?

2.) The 13 completed games will count towards week 2, and I just need to complete 7 games to earn the rewards for week 2, but I missed out on completing the challenge for week 1 so I missed out on those rewards?

Thanks.

Is that Lifeguard Mercy skin?

It can be seen at 1:51 where Winston’s Volleyball was teased.

1 Like

“Challenges will no longer require wins”

Praise the lord they finally did something to make things less torturous if they can’t fix their matchmaking. Forum contrarians who are against things that improve the game lose once again

The only thing that could make this even better is for them to remove rounds from control maps so they aren’t a huge pointless waste of time.

4 Likes

i hope that Rein skin as good as it looks , i dont find anything else worth it , maybe the 1500 free credits , HAA credits not coin :frowning: I mean they already confirmed themselves the so called story mission is just a workshop made mod and will feel like custom games not pve.
Definitely not taking Battle pass for Tracer Mythic ( A low 60 fps occasional stutters person lilke me does not get to play Tracer )

Game is too unrewarding.

Are you guys deaf or are you trying to kill your playerbase on purpose?

Everyone has been begging for ways to EARN the new skins. At least 1. I can’t even earn 1 skin if its not in the battlepass, this is so frustrating I wanna scream and jab at the screen.

I want Overwatch 1 back, the free Lootbox we got may have been random, but at least it WAS SOMETHING. In Overwatch 2 we get nothing for our efforts.

12 Likes

Might help with the leaver problem in QP.

3 Likes

Not like this.

60 coins is still too insulting, they just should generally remove it and give 1-2 coins for each completed finished match. That WOULD solve the leaver problem.

Also, ARE THEY INSANE. Instead of 10 WINS, for 30 GAMES (wins granting double progress) meaning at least you would now need 15 WINS?

They purposefully inscreased the hours it takes to get those insultingly low 60 coins.

4 Likes

YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE HAPPY, That is pure NWO now do we all see it?

2 Likes

What kind of bs is it that Tracer’s Mythic skin, unlike ALL the other Mythic skins that came before has no option to separately choose the body armor and headpiece?

This is a very big drop in quality if you ask me.

2 Likes

How long will Competitive Mystery Heroes be around? I’d love if it was permanent.

1 Like

they forgot to remove the 2 from overwatch2 as well!! but no worries they will do add it next match!

3 Likes

I think you forgot the part where they said it’s coming around Season 8

The skins looks great, the modes sound great, this is going to be an awesome season!

What I understand only mythic skins have a custom voice line so this skin is a pass… I´m still using OWL for the worth of the skin it is good looking.

Mei gets yet another buff–
It is quite clear at this point that the devs are indeed completely insane. As if she hasn’t been overpowered for a very long time already.

She had root/slow/cc/stun via freeze before lol she was OP AF before now its 5v5

It has been said that we would be able to earn 4 OWWC home and away skins from June 18 to july 2. Does that mean we would select 4 skins for heroes which we choose and watch ?

Yeah it’s bad that they increased the hours that takes to earn the the 60 coins and that it’s still so low even for players who owns the BP.
One positive though is that previously unfinished challenges doesn’t get removed which pretty much Fortnite and Valorant already has. It already takes ages to get to level 200 in OW2 compared to Fortnite so every bit of XP is important and you have to grind so much that it’s not fun for just a few rewards.

1 Like

There’s supposed to be a new map this season. From your own mouths. Seems like there isn’t, and there’s zero communication about what appears to either be a change of release schedule on that or a missed deadline for releasing it.

Just because you make posts somewhat regularly does not mean that you guys are being good at communication.

1 Like

“Earn 1500 Currency”
Coins or Credits? Why aren’t you being clear with your language, hmm?

The flavor added to the battlepass progression with the roleplaying schtick is a genuinely fun idea though. It’s nice to see some flair that sets it apart from just a bar going up. Definitely a better way to add “season identity” than previous attempts ( *cough cough* map pools)

I’ll also be curious to see if the Team queue will turn into a built-in clan system. Seems like good groundwork for that.

1 Like