Embark on a mythic adventure in Overwatch 2 Season 5

Looks like a whole lot of nothing, thanks Blizzard.

5 Likes

Mercy also got her 4th OW2 skin.

And i hate that she got another skin.

You notice how empty the game is without a new hero

5 Likes

I mean, to be fair, the evil queen vibe that the Moira skin gives off, fits perfectly with the fantasy setting, so I expect it to show up some time during season 5… I’ll definitely snatch it up from my leave OWL playing in the background, cause god I can’t watch that for longer than 10 minutes-tokens

Wait, am I missing a new Mercy skin?

2 Likes

lol.
I mean, the skin is fine, but just feels unnecessary.
Agreed that she really didn’t need another one.

quality > quantity

This whole thing screams of desperate.

4 Likes

Exactly!

I predict the skin would be in the shop purposely to attract thirsty whales. Blizz would easily made bank on that.

4 Likes

I mean… not really.

They seem to be having fun with the battle pass and they’re actually doing some decent QoL changes.

Plus they’re adding some really neat gamemodes as well. I’m actually really surprised they did Prop Hunt.

It might be the worst season, but not by much.

1 Like

Dva getting basically nothing for how many seasons now i can’t breathe

That is probably the only thing that seems somewhat interesting.

Everything else is just made to sell stuff or is targeting only new players.

Oh a fan service skin like that? 100%
I would probably even get it, if shop prices weren’t that ridiculous. But 20€ for a skin? Heeeeeeell no.
Even if she is my main, no in-game cosmetic is worth that much.

6 Likes

Those whales will pay any price for fan service skin like that, believe me.

3 Likes

I’m aware and saddened by it lol.
Thanks to people like that, game companies get away with this kinda stuff.
Like don’t get me wrong, it’s their money and they can do what they want. I spend money on useless junk too. But eh, paying 20€ for a game cosmetic just rubs me the wrong way.

5 Likes

Great quality skins, even though the theme itself isn’t one of my favorites in general, no knock against the team for that of course.

Lots of unlockable stuff and it looks like at the very least the main characters shown here are in the pass.

I think Prop Hunt has been the one mode I have never played in a game before that I’ve always wanted to play, so that will be a huge plus for me. Never been a fan of Lucioball due to what can happen with hitting the ball sometimes, probably due to other people’s connections, but the volleyball looks interesting.

I like that Kiriko skin so I really hope I’m right in thinking it’s a pass skin.

So after that trailer and the write up with all of the other stuff outside of the trailer in the blog, mostly free and unlockable, this is what you conclude?

Wow.

1 Like

It’s a shame these cool neat modes like Prop Hunt are only active for like 2 weeks at a time before they go away forever. Blizzard has a chance to really pump up the content in-game by just keeping these around for custom games or in arcade mode.

3 Likes

Still a hard pass. PvE is still relatively dead. Story mode or not. If VS AI counted for challenges and weeklies, I’d consider coming back because at least that’d be one replayable way to play the game but of course, you’d probably take 4 years to even give us that pleasure before denying us.

4 Likes

So no new map, huh? So much for the promised alternating new hero/ new map seasonal cadence. Only took five seasons to break that one. Sigh.

2 Likes

Gotta love how there is only 1 like on the main post :joy:

The OW team totally misses the mark with this one.
Now I am worried about s6 as well.

2 Likes