Elo hell might owe you 50sr, but not 500

Which of your accounts reached your pick SR first?

People fail to realize that their skill isn’t as consistent as they think it is. For example, I lost 200 SR yesterday and I’m well aware I wasn’t playing as well as the day before now in hindsight, I was kinda tilted and making way dumber decisions than usual, even though I was still playing “well” enough. However, playing well enough (for your rank) is just letting the game be decided by chance in the end.

1 Like

It just takes a lot longer on an old account since you only get a few +4SR for a win extra. While on my new account i get like +25SR extra.

2 Likes

I don’t totally agree with the OP. For many seasons I was stuck in low gold, even dipping to low silver. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t learned anything about the game, and couldn’t climb.

I bought another account, placed 400 sr above my old account, at 2600…and now almost diamond.

There IS something up with the system…those who say there isn’t, are not being honest…or have no clue.

I think my worst blatantly not my fault streak resulted in a 300 sr drop with a 7 game streak of leavers mid match .
Three different days (kept saying, third time’s the charm) and I didn’t win a single game. Yeah, it was only 7 games… But every. Single. Game. Something went wrong and I was on the short team. Again, that’s blatantly not “my fault” where even if you wanna say, “you can win with 3/4 DPS!”
Ok but… Can you win with 3/4 players???
Yeah

1st account silver 2nd account platnim 3rd account diamond

My main, and my second only came within 150SR, didn’t actually reach my peak (but then those were two different seasons).

Exactly. The difference is once your MMR stabilises, you’ll go back to getting regular gains and losses. Even if the new account doesn’t fall back to your main’s SR, your main will climb up to meet it, just taking longer. I’ve verified this myself multiple times.

so the obvious questions…

you’re generally playing the same heroes

you’re playing about the same amount of games

also, do you at least get 50+ wins per season, for at least 3 seasons in a row? (making sure you have a large enough sample size)

I’ve heard stories contrary to what you describe, but I’m interested.

I will say theres dumb little things that happen in these tiers, I joke all the time with my friends that I know when we are playing 2800+ games because people actually shoot at junk tires and ulting pharas. before that you have some people try and shoot some people run and spread out. before that they run from it but with low awareness ending up in them actually huddling on top of other teammates.

Very true. If you’re REALLY unlucky your skill might be a couple hundred sr over what you are (and you’ll get there eventually), but if you’re actually proficient you will climb, which is why a GM player has no problem repeatedly hitting GM.

High masters low gm is a bit weird because a lot of quote unquote boosted monkeys and actual top 500 players who dropped and stagnate there a bit for a while, but other than that I agree.

1 Like

If it owes me 50SR 10 times then it owes me 500SR :thinking:

so you do think the SR system is holding you down…

why then could a GM pick up your account and climb to GrandMasters?

how do you explain that?

That’s exactly what is wrong with matchmaker. If your account has a bad history (being in Gold for more than 3 seasons) it will be impossible to lift it even to platinum, despite your skills improvement. You have to buy a new account without that history.
In your case - you have reached your pick on your main. That means, you were already playing at a certain level. Having your second account within 150 SR is sad news - you haven’t improved much.

History of your account is completely irrelevant. My friend was boosting someone who was stuck in bronze like 12 seasons and he climbed to plat in like a day or 2. Your mmr will help you climb pretty fast uf you are playing good enough.

1 Like

What was your friend’s rank?

He is moving from gold to diamond, depends on heroes he is playing.

Well he was, i am not in contact with him anymore. Not sure where is he now exactly.

And that’s all you need to know about ranks in this game :smile:

I dont understand what you mean. Tgere was a reason he was moving from gold to dia and it wasnt matchamaker.

I used him as example so you can see accounts are not punished or vslued based on their past. Comp system is actualy pretty fast in determining your skill and will help you climb if you are good.

I just don’t know, what to add. But I’ll try.
Your friend was moving from gold to diamond in the ranking system, ruled by said matchmaker engine. This engine is very accurate at determining player’s performance. So, your friend was not bronze or gold when he started off. He already possessed the necessary qualities for higher ranks (diamond was top 8% of total player base idk about now), and climbed because of that (because of having skill of course). When your friend started using other person’s account with a certain history, the matchmaker quickly and accurately rated said account’s performance as NOT BRONZE ANYMORE. The system does that. I’ve experienced that myself - my old and new accounts are 700 SR apart and are far from merging. If you improve your performance dramatically (boosting scenario), you will be spared of your account’s historical data. If you improve, but in small degree (like myself), you will need a new account to start off with better performance.

I dont really want to discuss my friend’s account. Its more complicated as he had more accounts in different ranks. I only used his case to debunk your theory.

There is no such thing as history on your account affecting your actual rank. How would that work exactly? Can you provide some actual proof for your theory?

1 Like