Either the devs enjoy watching us get mowed down by 9 year olds with a Gatling gun, OR

They reduced spread and increased healing from 75 to 90 hps

1 Like

Is that ALL they had the brass to do?

Really?

Well this is going to be interesting…

2 Likes

Ana Ana Ana Ana Ana Ana Ana

People should not underestimate that please

The spread feels amazing, I’ll tell you now! :blush:

2 Likes

Oh the spread i’m happy about… but even with it, Bastion is going to need more… mark my words. In QP it may feel good, but I wouldn’t dare play him in comp. I would be negligent to do so.

1 Like

Well they had no plans a month ago so we got him on their radar and got changes quickly.

They actually feel really good once you test them. You can escape situations you couldn’t before, and the TTK is really good now.

I play current Bastion in Competitive as is. In the Experimental state, even better! I dunno, more buffs will be needed if people want to take Bastion seriously…

Well that’s at least a silver lining…

I really do hope they’ll test some larger changes in the future based on the feedback they’ll be getting… but we must remember that the knee-jerk reaction from these jerks down on their knees is to trash the hero… so it may not make it off of the experimental card.

Because if we needed any reminder… LopezElForte has us covered.

We’re not allowed to have nice things.

2 Likes

I’ll literally cry lol please at least keep the changes to spread :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Well I suppose it’s our job to voice support for them. As for future buffs, I doubt anything damage related will happen, so maybe tank survivability and quicker reconfigure. Of course, we need to see how this plays out first.

2 Likes

I can see it now… the responses to the experimental card not moving forward.

“The overwelming response was that these changes were overtuned and a lot of people felt that it was too hard to fight Bastion”

Which means a few children couldn’t kill one when they W M1’d at it.

1 Like

See, the issue is, bastion is low skill right? So in theory he should only be effective in low ranks? That’s the problem. He isn’t. Even in low ranks where he SHOULD BE good, he’s absolutely terrible. That’s why buffs for him with no skill cap increase are justified.

3 Likes

I would argue that it currently takes more skill to play Bastion effectively than it does to play Genji half aware and probably while eating.

3 Likes

I would be happy if they pushed the whole thing to live right now.

Here’s the rest if you’re looking for them. Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – May 12, 2020

3 Likes

I would whole heartedly support that argument. Bastion may be “low skill” but in his current state he requires extreme awareness to be effective, even in ranks where other heroes do not.

2 Likes

You have to at very least have the awareness of a Diamond to play Bastion in Gold.

You have to have the awareness of a Gold player to play Genji in Diamond effectively.

2 Likes

And even then, a single hanzo, sombra, ashe, reaper, junkrat, sigma or hog can fully shut you down even if they are putting in half effort.

1 Like

I honestly agree, nothing in this mode annoys me or feels too strong

2 Likes

And yet… you get fools like this claiming that a Bastion can be played by a nine year old and still take “A full team to take down” When in reality they’re playing against a team with more coordination, and that Bastion is likely playing their heart out… while they’re laughing at memes, tabbing out, and barely playing.

1 Like

I’m just gonna take a wild guess and say op is low mmr or bronze sr. And even in those I’ve been able to get teams to counter him.