Either the devs enjoy watching us get mowed down by 9 year olds with a Gatling gun, OR

I dunno i just feel like to make many characters balanced, they should have their identity and place in the meta re-evaluated and changed for the game as a whole. for bastion, he’s currently a “turret” but what if he was a shield buster? recon is for the teamfight, and sentry is to bust shields and tanks that are overly aggressive?

Bastion needs a complete rework. He should operate in scout form and his gatling gun is his ultimate and tank mode just gets deleted.

4 Likes

That’s not even Bastion anymore. That’s a different hero. Bastion is played because it’s gimmick is transforming.

2 Likes

Ok different idea give him 50rd magazines max and a like 1.5s reload time. And if he can self repair he shouldnt have armour as well.

And do what, make Bastion a bigger throw pick than it already is? That’s worsening the problem…

3 Likes

That is counter intuitive to a team based game.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be protected by your team to contribute to a team based game. Wrecking Ball, DVa, Tracer, Sombra, Genji, and others all contribute to the team while away from the team. They create diversions, they pick off squishies, they scout and send info back to the team. Being able to operate away from the team is one of their strengths, but is countered by lacking in other areas. Sure, Wrecking Ball can take a beating and can be annoying to deal with, but he can’t withstand focus fire on his own and he can’t deal out a ton of burst damage. Contrary to that, Genji and Tracer do deal a lot of burst damage, but can’t tank as much damage as the Wrecking Ball. But all three of these require skill to play well and not just feed ult charge to the enemy team.

Point being, is that while Bastion is designed to play with his team, his only downside is that he isn’t very mobile. He’ll still deal out a ton of damage for with little skill required, and can repair himself if a healer is down or he’s being focused fired.

What you said was that he can’t preform to his max if being protected. This is both false when talking about WB and bad game design. WB is stronger when he has a team built around him, but is still good without it. Bastion’s problem is that he’s bad without a team protecting him. This patch should help fix that.

By isn’t very mobile you mean completely immobile when doing anything you pick him for. All his transformations all long as well and leave him super vulnerable.

There’s tons of skill to playing Bastion. It all about positioning and knowing what exchanges you can win/survive.

It’s only 90 hps now, which is good for a hero as vulnerable as him. It can still be easily overcome however.

1 Like

I read that thread title and knew what I was getting myself into.

2 Likes

I thought this as well. If Sentry was his ult they could buff it up a bit. Tank is terrible most of the time.

1 Like

If they flank him at a distance, they can get a few good shots into him. By the time he responds and targets them, he’ll at least be at half health and still taking shots. He can shoot back, but it’ll take too long for his spread to reduce before he’s dead. So, he either dies trying to return fire, or has to reposition out of the sniper’s line of sight. But hopefully, while trying to focus a sniper, the rest of the team comes in a mops him up.

None of these are things I can do as support. By the time I have to say in VC, “we need a plan to deal with Bastion”, or “someone pick a hero to deal with Bastion”, the game is already lost. To a nine year old playing OW for the first time.

I can sometimes kill Bastion as Lucio by being a fly. But it doesn’t work if he’s being protected, or if he’s actually a good player just getting some LOLs with a gatling gun. It’s so satisfying that it’s worth trying, but it’s almost always suicide.

And that’s still a lot of coordination required to take on a nine year old with a gatling gun. And it’s not like the rest of his team sits idle while you do that.

1 Like

“Why can’t I kill a single player (And their team) Alone?!?! What is this magic?!”

Firstly, the assumption that all Bastion players are children is just downright insulting.

Secondly, if you’re fighting a pocketed Bastion you’re not fighting “A Bastion” You’re fighting a team fight.

And thirdly, suggestions such as “Just remove the main weapon LMAO” Give me headaches…

Why not just remove Rein’s hammer then?
Sigma’s shield? Just delete that… lets give him an AR15.

Tracer?
She doesn’t need those pistols, just give her a bag of rocks to throw at people.

Do you not see the issue?
Is it only because YOU don’t intend to play the hero? So you don’t care what happens to it?

All i’m seeing is “But when i’m fighting one” And no “How the hero is played”

Can you not address this from the point of PLAYING THE HERO?
Once? Just once?

I also think it would be a GREAT idea if Reinhardt was stunned every time he took his barrier down, for like five seconds. Because I would win every match I ever played against one. :3

/s

Biased hypocrites.

“I’m curious to hear what you think… if anything that countered you was gutted would you win more matches? If your favorite hero was unplayable would it be fun for me?”

Thanks the gods that people like you aren’t in charge of real changes.

Good god… if I wasn’t pissed off before, now i’m seeing how i’m not welcome in my favorite game. The moment I load it up i’m the enemy, no matter if i’m playing well.

3 Likes

Glad somebody else gets it. The hate messages I got today from playing the Experimental Mode alone is proof enough that some people still just hang onto the past.

1 Like

Sees Chibifox post after arguing in Bastion threads all day

“Looks like the cavalry’s here”

1 Like

Can you please inform me as to those changes… i’ve been looking everywhere.
(And haven’t played yet)

But good gods this mentality is making my blood boil.

1 Like

Fair point on WB team comp. A dive built around WB can be deadly.

Fair point on the mobility, but as far as skill goes, I gotta push back a little. I have seen skilled Bastion players and appreciate the way they move and user him. The point I’m addressing though are the players who sit on top of the pay load behind two shields and fire at anything in their way. It’s this Bastion encounter that I’m critiquing because it’s the one I see the most. Otherwise, yeah, he’s vulnerable and can be picked off. But when the whole team plays protect the Bastion and we win, it’s beyond annoying.

And I know, if can be countered. But if you’re in solo queue, it’s easy for the Bastion team to know what to do to work together to protect the Bastion, while it’s more difficult for the opposite team to adapt, especially if there’s no communication.

As far as i’m concerned you’ve lost all privilege to talk about the hero, so make my life easier and don’t reply to me.

Bastion

Configuration: Sentry

• Spread decreased 10%
  • Shots until max spread reduction lowered from 60 to 40

Self-Repair

• Resource drain rate increased 20%
  • Healing per second increased from 75 to 90
2 Likes