(EDIT: i dont actually think they hate tank players)

Yeah but fighing him 1 v1 without a shield is still probably bad idea lol.

The way tanks get treated makes me think that theyā€™re collateral for a whole lot of changes.

I always thought making Rein torture to play so Brig could counter Tracer was wrong. I mean, surely making the bash not go through barriers (or at least the stun aspect of the bash) wouldnā€™t affect that matchup all that much. Tracer doesnā€™t have a barrier or play around them all that much.

1 Like

Oh, he solo ulted in that situation? Idk

If overload or whatever the E is called is on cooldown pretty sure D.Va still beats torb. DM shotguns while missiles go and Iā€™m fairly sure his head box is still big enough to unload in, but Iā€™ll have to try in practice

The problem is that d.va is a burst character. When she dives him he can pop overload. He tanks on her hit with the 150 added armor and just shot guns her down right after. Sheā€™s not going to kill him before getting demeched. And sheā€™s not going to escape without taking on a lot of damage from him. Heā€™s not a pushover anymore. Lol

6 Likes

Oh for sure I wouldnā€™t be diving with overload up. Armor will take too long to punch through. After that itā€™s fair game to pounce tho.

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s kind of a good thing cause 95% of this communities opinions are trash.

New Torb is blizz trying to mend their mistake that was Brigitte and now tanks are taking another big hit from it just like when they gave us Brigitte in attempt to counter flank. They really just need to fess up and be like ā€œyo sorry guys we screwed up with Brigitte so weā€™ve deleted her. Torb undergoing another rework. Carry onā€

3 Likes

Where did you get that statitstic from? Iā€™m assuming you made it up.

Just because people are angry at some of the decisions from bliz doesnā€™t mean our opinions are trash.

Just saying.

Theres a lot of feedback from lots of different mains that could really improve certain heroes without them being unfun or broken.

Bliz just chooses to ignore it.

Itā€™s no wonder the OW community is so frustrated and angry when the ā€œGeneral Discussionā€ forums for people to share ideas and discuss things regarding OW is just completely ignored.

Iā€™m really not surprised for all the ā€œiā€™m leavingā€ threads.

I donā€™t blame any of them.

3 Likes

tanks are the strongest heros in the game.( except hog of coarse LuL)

2 Likes

On what fact do you base your opinion on?

1 Like

It has been my experience in-game that finding a tank buddy has been hard. I usually have to tank by myself, and when I donā€™t pick tank nobody does.

This isnā€™t always true, but I never have to beg for someone to go DPS, and support has at least 1 volunteer, usually 2. But tank, doesnā€™t always have someone willing to do it.

2 Likes

New Torbā€™s headbox is going to be 10% smaller. His turret will still be easy D.Va fodder, but his shotgun is going to be wicked dangerous for D.Va players. The spread has been lowered and the fire rate has been increased. Heā€™ll be able to chew right through her HP.

That said, if Torb becomes meta, I think his ult will affect Reinhardt and Orisa more than dive tanks. They canā€™t escape it and it completely prevents them pushing if they manage to survive. I predict dive will return hard. No Brigitte to counter it and the anchor tanks get the blunt end of the stick from Torb.

2 Likes

Tbh tanks are in a good spot right now, hence the goats comp working well ( triple support triple tank) maybe they are adding torb to counter that, but seems like tanks are still really strong.

Goats comp is a good example of tanks being strong

1 Like

Tanks arenā€™t in a good spot. There is so many ways to burst down, CC a main tank to where itā€™s just not fun to play tank even remotely. Shields are made out of paper and youā€™re basically dislocated, stunned or hacked constantly. Now that torbjorn has bonus damage to armored targetsā€¦ Makes it clear that I should give up on being a main tank.

9 Likes

Itā€™s more of a systemic response to the damage powercreep than a sign of good health of the tanks (more healing and more HP to avoid one-shots or burst).
Iā€™ve watched some World Cup, and Iā€™ve seen GOATs fail more times than it worked, tbh.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s one of my reason why am leaving this game why play a broken game no love for tanks at all as Reinhardt main am fed up with earth-shatter not working most of the time.

2 Likes

Im a tank main and havenā€™t touched tank in a while due to all the , Nerfes, bugs, etc.
I can honestly do more tanking with genji, brig, and sym than most of the tanks right now.
Dā€™vas DM is laughable right now with all the mele, and unblockable things, rein might as well not have a shield, hog and hammond are ult batteries, orisa is decent on defence only, and winstonā€¦ oof.
Tanks are in a really bad spot right now.

7 Likes

the general meta.

top 500.

Iā€™m aware of such as Iā€™m there myself.