Echo says “CASSIDY”!

Looks like someone found one that slipped through the cracks…… though this one is part of the character model itself

there are many things that still have “mccree” in some case.

Media and books perhaps….but I think the goal is to remove the name from the game itself….only example I’ve seen so far anyway

Athena also says Cassidy now in 1v1 Mirror Duels.

1 Like

Stylosa uploads video

In the millisecond before corporate and legal get involved and make “changes”, sure.

Please dont. We’d much appreciate it if someone like u didnt copy us.

Try supports instead

Cole Cassidy :cowboy_hat_face:

Ngl McCree was very unique.

Last name: Ashe, McCree/Cassidy and Zarya (3 of 32 heroes)
First name: Ana, Baptiste, Brigitte, Echo, Genji, Hanzo, Lucio, Mei, Moira, Orisa, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, Winston, Zenyatta (14 of 32 heroes)
Codename: Bastion, D.Va, Doomfist, Junkrat, Mercy, Pharah, Roadhog, Reaper, Sigma, Soldier: 76, Sombra, Symmetra, Tracer, Widowmaker, Wrecking Ball (15 of 32 heroes)

Very few heroes go by their last name - most use their first name or a code name.

2 Likes

Actually the exact opposite has been stated mate :+1:

And you’re lying.

Nope :+1:

I guess I was proven wrong, then.

2 Likes

“Cassidy” means “curly, red hair” or sometimes just “curly hair”. Robert LeRoy Parker used the pseudonym “Butch Cassidy”, “Butch” being short for “Butcher” and “Cassidy” after a cattle thief he knew.

So far only essentials. Some interactions were not re-recorded yet (or they may be removed forever, who knows but I think it’s unlikely) and Ashe has a new Busan Karaoke line (at least in the PT-BR dub not sure on others.)

I still feel like I’m living in some kind of alternate dimension seeing Blizzard trying to scrub his original name from existence and seeing people actually using this new one as if we haven’t been calling him Cree for years.

I still don’t understand why we have to treat the name “McCree” like cursed ground.

I still don’t understand why they removed a noose for being racist as if nooses were specifically invented to kill people of color.

1 Like

In fact, it sounds terrible. And it’s not even that it’s some kind of girly name (and now forever the pseudonym of a p :ok_hand:rn star), but it stupidly takes too long to pronounce.

Symbolic virtue allows you not to actually do anything real.

And all the allegations and sexual assaults have now disappeared.

Changing the world, one video game name at a time.

You | The point
/
|
|
<

Yeah, still waiting on the point.

Not sure it’ll ever get here.