Echo says “CASSIDY”!

in the video materials the first video Animated Shorts - “Reunion” in video 2:23 they still say “Jessie Mccree”…
they have tried, it was good joke, but now blizzard please load backup of game.

Even in video “Mccree Ability overview” they have in the name of video his name and in video text McCree

wonder if they deleted the sombra interaction. doesnt she say mccree in that one. the one where she talks about if his name is an alias

Hanzo and Genji are first names

1 Like

Just wait til’ you google search Cassidy Cole. Actually, she comes right up when you search for Cole Cassidy too. Really don’t get why blizzard didn’t play off what Sombra was already calling him anyway (Joel)…

Joel Cassidy would have been nice too, but I like Cole for Coal because I ship him with Ashe.

2 Likes

Yes, I feel like his new name will grow on me.

1 Like

His last name didn’t have to be Cassidy at all. It’s been stated already that the name is inspired of a bank robber and overall terrible person. What’s the point in changing his name because IRL Jesse McCree was a terrible person, just to name the character after another, “terrible person,” who was a far worse human being?

Not only that, the current name is the name of a… well, google it, you’ll see her. It’s just an unnecessary play on names to name him Cole because Ashe… :confused: It’s fine if they want to re-name the character, but I feel like the name they went with is bad for multiple reasons.

For the badmutha western vibes?

it sounds like she dies half way through saying it xD

1 Like

Who? McCree? Lol ok.

Looks like someone found one that slipped through the cracks…… though this one is part of the character model itself

there are many things that still have “mccree” in some case.

Media and books perhaps….but I think the goal is to remove the name from the game itself….only example I’ve seen so far anyway

Athena also says Cassidy now in 1v1 Mirror Duels.

1 Like

Stylosa uploads video

In the millisecond before corporate and legal get involved and make “changes”, sure.

Please dont. We’d much appreciate it if someone like u didnt copy us.

Try supports instead

Cole Cassidy :cowboy_hat_face:

Ngl McCree was very unique.

Last name: Ashe, McCree/Cassidy and Zarya (3 of 32 heroes)
First name: Ana, Baptiste, Brigitte, Echo, Genji, Hanzo, Lucio, Mei, Moira, Orisa, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, Winston, Zenyatta (14 of 32 heroes)
Codename: Bastion, D.Va, Doomfist, Junkrat, Mercy, Pharah, Roadhog, Reaper, Sigma, Soldier: 76, Sombra, Symmetra, Tracer, Widowmaker, Wrecking Ball (15 of 32 heroes)

Very few heroes go by their last name - most use their first name or a code name.

2 Likes