✅ Easiest DoubleBarrier nerf

I like the concept I have,
Because it doesn’t feel too gimmicky, considering it’s already a range-dependant ability.

And it’s mostly an invisible change, that would do wonders in high tier games, and not have a ton of impact at lower tier games.

Sigma is also is also new enough, that it’s reasonable to expect changes on him.

How about making Rein, D.va, and Winston not :poop: instead of even more nerfs?

Rein, Winston, and Dva have compositions that like to get into close range.

This makes it much more reasonable for those tanks to win fights at close range.

No, because he need to defend himself if enemies decide to walk through his barrier.

Sigma is already screwed if he tries using Accretion against other tanks in close range, trust me, I’ve tried it, it doesn’t end well.

All three of those tanks already sucked before Sigma was added.

I don’t understand why buffing weak tanks after all they have been put through is so controversial. If Rein is hammering a Sigma, he can notice the cast time for Accretion, block it, and punish the Sigma with his own splash damage. Against Mei, Rein can do

Like so many so called “nerfs to double barrier” this only makes it stronger. Your making a single hero with a barrier weaker, much like the Orisa or Sigma barrier nerfs it just makes them have to depend on a second tank barrier more.

Making Sigma more vulnerable isn’t going to stop double barrier, just force more of it.

Is this madman suggestion a 2nd tank queue.

Accretion is probably Sigma’s most balanced ability. High cooldown, skill shot, medium cast time, adds burst potential.

It’s pretty high value. But also very exploitable.

This is just another consequence of forcibly removing dive from the meta. Back then, dive could deal with double barriers, triple tanks, double snipers and all the other cancerous comps.

Now? Power creep is through the roof. we got 50 billion new CC’s added to the mix. Healers are all super stronger than before, with escape mechanics. And dive is basically the same.

Yes. They buffed winston and tracer and d.va, but the main issues are still there. If anything, these buffs are just adding to the already existing over the top power creep.

Well I did say in my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

That could be something to consider, yeah. But I think it’s only a matter of time before something else happens in this forced meta that is going to cause problems.

I don’t think the game can stay in a healthy state with character selection restrictions.

Dude I get that you dislike shield tanks but just stop.

You’re not helping them. And no offense they wont take these threads of yours seriously if at all. And spamming these poor/stupid ideas of yours wont help.

TANKS DOESNT NEED ANYMORE NERFS. PERIOD.

1 Like

I think the difference is that higher skill tiers are better at punishing weaknesses like “that player took 90 damage, is grounded, and can’t do anything for 0.7sec”

That’s the offtank or DPS’s job.

Also doing 90 damage, followed up by his basic damage isn’t too shabby.

In addition to his 1sec barrier, and budget defence matrix that gives him HP.

The idea is to make them vulnerable in such a way, that an offtank would offset that weakness.

Similar to how two MainHealers are lacking in a big defensive ultimate like what Lucio/Zen can offer.

Aiming a projectile the size of a Dva Mech loses a ton of its “skillshot” moniker at close range.

It’s basically an autoaim sleep dart, with shorter duration, that can’t be blocked by matrix or reflect.

So?

What I’m trying to say is that the sucky tanks already sucked before Sigma. Nerfing him isn’t going to magically make the alternatives less :poop: unless they go overboard and Sigma becomes equally bad.

Wtf is with this race to the bottom mentality that people have for tanks? Why does everyone despise us so? Everyone claims to love tank players but these days, if a tank manages to actually be decent its to the gallows with them.

We already know why close range comps can’t just deal with double shields like they used to: months and months of unjustified nerfs and meta shifts until they are useless.

Winston has been F tier for what, almost two years now right? How does Sigma have anything to do with Winston being bad? Same with Reinhardt, he’s felt like absolute :poop: to play against any team that knows how to exploit his abundance of weaknesses ever since season 10, what happens? Lucio gets buffed instead and Tracer gets buffed so she’s better at hurting Rein without fear of retaliation.

Again I ask, why does everyone hate us? Why do we not deserve to be treated equally? Why is everything always our fault? Why does everything always come at our expense?

I think a few well placed nerfs are often better than powercreeping the entire rest of the roster for a role.

Supports got their buff patch, dps got theirs’, but if tanks get their turn, its power creep?

This is the stuff I’m talking about, why are tanks notoriously given the short end of the stick over and over?

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind this nerf tbh. Idk if it’d actually do anything, but I wouldn’t mind it if it did. I’d still be able to actually do something if my team was complete garbage, without having to deal with the double barrier meta. Problem is, idk if it’d actually do anything against double barrier.

When Mercy was overpowered in the Moth meta. The answer wasn’t to just buff all the other healers up to her level.

Also I think the benefit of changing Sigma is that he’s still relatively new. So his playstyle isn’t really something you’d get a ton of people complaining that he’s “ruined”.