DVA, Winston & Hammond will get upgrades in OW2

I wish we can see these upgrades in action already.

There’s honestly not much else to do for turning DVA into a full damage dealer, aside from buffing her mech’s auto-shotguns & micromissiles at the cost of scrapping DM. She should get a new ult though & no more ejects(which btw, would mean no 2 lives for Echo).

Winston, his base damage better get buffed. I know he has that new dmg ability in OW2, but his base dmg should be frying foes like how it almost annihilated Reaper in his cinematic short.

Hammond, he doesn’t really need an upgrade. Zarya & Orisa need them. More like he needs a slight downgrade, buff his base damage, while its balanced out by weaker grapple, piledrive & spin. Or perhaps change his mech so that rolling is his only means of movement, but he shoots during it, have a boost button, obviously a weaker adaptive shield, grapple, piledrive & spin.

Hammond is gonna be the most difficult hero to balance in OW2.

1 Like

Not really I don’t think, they just need to focus him more into doing damage with grapple than blazing past people with it.

I think Doomfist is gonna be much harder to get right personally

2 Likes

Doom is easy. Just drop his survival proportional to his increased lethality.

Hammond, you can balance him for the top 3%, but that runs the risk of making him an extremely hard throw pick for +95% of the players.

Like “Hey, everybody report the Hammond player for throwing because he picked Hammond” levels of problem.

1 Like

But the problem with balancing Hammond is that removing stuns makes him too hard to kill. This means there are two solutions essentially besides reworking him entirely.

The first option is to just making him squishier. This is the option that would likely ruin the character since his whole gameplay style revolves around putting himself in the most dangerous territory. If Hammond is too easy to kill, then he may as well not be a tank.

The other option is to slow him down. This one is more realistic in my eyes since slowing him down can allow them to make him more dangerous before he goes into the fight, meaning he doesn’t always have to throw himself face first into danger. Essentially, the same direction they are taking Winston.

1 Like

I’m curious as to what they’re gonna do to out of mech dva since you can only have 1 tank now

1 Like

Well that was my conclusion.

You know people are gonna probably hate that even more right.

That’s like nerfing Lucio’s wallride speed.

It’s just not a good solution, Hammond does not belong anywhere but the tank category.

We shouldn’t be trying move characters from their designated roles because that just causes more problems than it makes. Turning a tank into a damage character without making them too weak or powerful while also making them not look ridiculous is a tall order.

You have to consider how the tanks look and understand that they can’t just shrink them down and make them look stupid. That would be stupid.

Considering this is Hammond we’re talking about, they’d be better off changing his name and reworking the character entirely. Still Hammond the Hamster, but in a mech more suited to the damage category. Still an undesirable direction to take, but much better than turning Wrecking Ball from a wrecking ball into a pinball!

1 Like

I mean they literally did that already for April fools.

1 Like

Why would they scrap… DM?

It’s the MOST ICONIC part of her kit.

D.Va was almost a main tank back in S4… with her 4 second matrix and 15 meter range.

7 Likes

And it looked ridiculous! It was April Fools after all!

1 Like

Hammond is most likely going to be the least changed tank, there probably gonna just revert some nerfs.

why?
while no longer the best solo tank he is the best solo main tank
I see no reason why they can’t balance him

1 Like

Nah, he needs something more if they are removing many stuns since that’s the way you deal with the character.

I think the best way to do it is to focus more on the “wrecking ball” aspect of the character and change what people use grapple for.

Hammond without Flashbang, Freeze, Shieldbash, a much weaker Hack, and probably nerfs to Sleep Dart.

Would have to be balanced differently

Because making him a hyper-throwpick for +95% of the playerbase is a bad idea.

Genuinely don’t care if that’s the result, but he’s fine for the top 3%.

I’d rather they have a sizable chunk of GM/Master Ball players quit the game than do that.
Fixing role queue is more important than 0.02% of the playerbase leaving.

Hammond shield is probably going to give ultimate charge, and he’s probably going to move slower at max grapple speed.

But the rest of his kit is probably going to be buffed.

There’s no way they scrap DM. Tanks aren’t becoming damage dealers, they’re becoming brawlers- meaning they’ll have the potential to zone/peel like before with the added threat of more damage. Dva is getting a DM buff at least, Rein is becoming more damage-oriented/whatever you want to call the new charge cancel feature, and we know Ball is getting mobility nerfs (or something similar)

1 Like

Adding onto what you said…

3 Likes

The way I see this is that they will be able to help their team more while standing their ground rather than needing to chase people all the time

1 Like