D.Va will get nerfed before end of season

Win rate is demonstrably inaccurate on Overbuff as has been established by Blizzard even recently when they mentioned Soldier and Genji and Overbuffs win rate for them was way off because of how it gathers statistics.

Also I didnt care about those stats because they are meaningless.

Here lets play a game: who is the better DPS Ashe or Widow? The answer is Widow and we all know its Widow but who does more damage in a game? Ashe. Who has more eliminations per game? Ashe. Who has more time on fire? Ashe. Who has the higher winrate per Overbuff (which is probably wrong but whatever)? Ashe . Who is the better DPS? Widowmaker.

The stats are meaningless because different heroes perform different roles on a team and the argument of “I have all the golds” is an argument made by people who belong in gold.

Anyways

it’s like poetry luv

3 Likes

Blizzard only gave relative stats, not absolute, without even saying which modes or ranks they were talking about (high chance of them including arcade and QP because that’s what they already did in the past).
It doesn’t prove anything, as there’s no comparison possible.

Those stats are only meaningless if a hero has a low enough pickrate. Then their sample is just too low.

It’s Ashe’s case, but not Widow’s. Nor D.Va’s. Nor Zarya’s. So your little game is moot.

“I have said so.”

3 Likes

They literally said “GM win rates for Soldier and Genji” and they were not even close to matching Overbuff but by all means keep saying wrong things. You are making a silly claim that somehow every GM player is playing an inferior thing and you are using stats incorrectly to back up that claim. I explained why those stats are used incorrectly and gave you a perfect alternative example to show it. If you cannot see how pointless stats like the one you linked are then that is on you, but I only hope that others will read and understand that padding those stats does not lead to wins.

Just your regular reminder that Jeff also once said Rein was the 12th most picked hero during S3 (aka. The height of triple tank. I don’t think we even had Orisa at that point.)

2 Likes

Using Overbuff’s GM stats over the past 3 months.

This is true in winrate. They’re both 17th and 18th, which is the middle third of the cast (actual middle is between 15th and 16th).

Again true. 8 heroes were picked more than both Mei and Genji.

Nearly correct. Genji is at 1.21%, Soldier at 0.68%.

True for pickrates. Winrates are different, likely due to their respective pickrates being so low.

Also keep in mind, they have non-mirrored stats, we don’t.
As for:

This does not specify game mode. Every other stat I mentionned above are clearly indicated to be “competitive GM+ MMR” (not rank, MMR).
Per the same criteria as above, Soldier is 4th, with Pharah (3rd) and Torb (5th) nearly equal. Genji is 9th, with Doom (8th) nearly equal.

They are. GMs can be wrong, especially after a meta change. A lot are simply following the meta, and if someone tells them it’s Rein/D.Va, without any major contradictory voice, that’s what they’re gonna play.
That is, until they realize it’s not good.

You gave a wrong example. Ashe is not played enough to use her stats. D.Va, Zarya and Widow are.

According to the stats you oh so conveniently deny, playing D.Va leads to less wins than playing Zarya.

2 Likes

I say let’s buff something else, but AT LEAST nerf it to 4 seconds. It’s just a ridiculous power shift.

I say just scrap the buff entirely in that case. It was a waste of time.

1 Like

Like, I get Dva needed something, but that change is ridiculous.

Wonder when people figure out that any tank combination with Roadhog on it will make any Dva combinations look like throw picks?

Also, if rein/dva is somehow winning, I would have to once again point at Ana how she’s getting nano ridiculously fast and just bruteforcing your reinhardt through the enemy team is working wonders. And counter to Ana shenanigans is only another Ana, moira isn’t going to do jacksquat to antiheal or nanoboosted rein smearing yours into the wall, but anti-heal and sleep dart will make even nanoreins back off.

If dva is used in high ranks more than Zarya who’s the staple rein buddy everywhere besides gm, that’s because widowmaker alone is too OP on those ranks to be left alone and Zarya can’t do anything to widowmaker. And even if you’re ml7 on support and diving enemy widow with hamster dva combo, top 500 widow can still full hold entire teams like what happened yesterday on Havanna against Onigod.

Dva is not even half as good as players make her out to be, but she’s versatile, fun tank and favourite of people, so it doesn’t matter if you lose your rank if you can keep on playing fun hero like dva kek. Oh and if your dva isn’t eating every single ana nade and sleep dart and making enemy ana live miserable enough to swap away, there’s no point going dva insead of zarya and making your rein foolproof. Rein is what drives this meta and if he falls, your team can’t progress against the enemy Rein walling you off.

5 Likes

ill say also revert that buff

give her something else

like 1 sec matrix delay, and reduced crit box by 25%

she very very opressive if enemy tanks can coordinate well,

but she also compeletely useless sometimes when ure team are not coordinated enough

It’s funny because the booster buff affects this matchup the most. Very few others are affected by it. And, wow, the clip complaining about it featured what hero but widowmaker? Boohoo she has a harder counter. Finally. That isn’t herself.

2 Likes

If you think there is ANY world in which a Widow will do more damage than an Ashe then you are delusional. She also will almost always have less elims, obj time and probably less on fire time but that stat is hilariously pointless. They are both DPS heroes. They just do different things.

The core problem with what you are doing is you are trying to use facts to suit theories rather then theories to suit facts. DVA has always been less damage then Zarya even when DVA was mandatory and Zarya was a trashcan for this exact reason. ANY GM player could probably do far more raw damage on most heroes but it would help because that is not what the purpose of most of those characters are. DVAs goal is not to farm up an ult, its to dive on the lower health heroes and either kill them or make them useless. Sigma used to do this job better but with the nerfs you can finally pick DVA and have her do the role very well. Also its worth noting that DVA/Ball was already better on some maps to run then Orisa/Sigma anyway.

Also WHEN that comment about Genji was posted (also I almost did a spit take when you tried to argue that he would cite GM players but then not talk about the competitive mode as though it would be worth posting what the GM stats in 3v3 are), Genji had 4x the pickrate on overbuff since the patch. You can see how they have normalized more because since that post Soldiers pick rate has doubled thus pushing the numbers to be closer together. They have posted numerous times that Overbuff does not have accurate win rate statistics and its not Overbuffs fault because they do not have access to all of the data anymore.

Without looking at your account, I am guessing you are a DVA main so accepting that your hero is strong would mean she might get nerfs in the future but I do not see that happening. She is strong and unquestionably meta and certainly the second best tank but the gap between 2nd and 5th is small so there is no need to take action. Outside of Winston and Roadhog being too weak and Rein being a tad too strong (if he gets nerfed it will be very minor) the tank role is nearly perfect.

People get too defensive about their heroes and it causes a lot of biases. DVA is not the mandatory pick she was a year ago but she is still meta and still the second best tank but its fine to be second best if you are not mandatory in all situations.

Winston’s not weak. He’s just too easily countered and power crept.

1 Like

Winston is really only hard countered by Reaper but Reaper is trash right now.

Winston is just not as good as Ball and DVA because Ball and DVA were given more escapability and maneuverability so its the old problem of Winston can get in but he cant really get out before he gets focused down. He isnt a trashcan like some of the worst DPS but he just is not as good as those 2 heroes.

He’s a main tank and always has been, with the same weaknesses as a main tank. That’s like saying Ana’s broken because she does more healing than Lucio.

1 Like

He isnt a main tank and never has been. They WANTED him to be a main tank and thus the shield but his kit is most closely comparable to DVA. He sacrificed her mobility but he basically has defense matrix and his shield can be used in the same vein as her flying in and using matrix on someone so he gains that but at his core Sigma is the reason people stopped playing DVA because Sigma just did her job better.

When paired with Orisa, he took the role of the main tank as the guy who picked where the front line was. The team peeled for him and kept him safe, including Orisa. Orisa’s got lots of peel, Sigma’s got more ability to directly make space. Therefore, Sigma was the main tank in the Orisa-Sig lineup, and it’s hard to argue that in any other comp apart from Sig-Rein or maybe Sig-Ball that Sig is not the main tank in that group.

Orisa job in Orisa/Sig comp was to get the team in. The job of the main tank is essentially to be the engager and get the team to the fight. The job of the off tank is to protect the team and assist the MT. I am giving very loose definitions because the exact nature of the role changes from game to game but in the comp Orisa pushes in and Sigma helps Orisa get in. Orisa is not protecting the team from the dive players or shutting down their widow. That is Sigmas job. Orisa’s job is to get the team to the fight and start blasting in simple terms.

Yes she is, Halt is better peel than Accretion by an enormous margin. Sigma’s vulnerable to heroes like Doomfist and Winston, Orisa helped with that with her peel and close-range damage both being better than his.

Orisa protected Sigma while Sigma used his damage and disruption to make space.