Dva was OP, get over it

Get over it. Genji was OP early on, he got nerfed. Doom was OP, he got nerfed. Bastion was OP, he got nerfed. Mercy was OP, she got nerfed. See a pattern here?

Dva/brig getting several nerfs in a row shows just how broken they actually were. Whining won’t get you anywhere, so adapt or leave. Everyone told me to do that when they nerfed genji ages ago, so take your own advice.

50 Likes

D.va OP? Now? Are you kidding?

59 Likes

But D.va is becoming less of a tank because of this…

Also, when ever D.va players ‘get over it’, she usually gets nerfed again…

84 Likes

No.

5 Likes

He was god-like for 3 days before going back to trash tier.

34 Likes

That is a very narrow way of perceiving balance changes… And pretty sheep like too. But okay?

4 Likes

Same thing happened with Mercy, and both could still use a few more nerfs.

She’s literally been meta for SO LONG because of how good she is. DM is one of, if not THE BEST abilities in the game.

Everyone cried about mercy, heck, some people still cry about her. It’s the same as DVA. Shes a fan favorite, doesn’t save her from being nerfed

22 Likes

So does lucio and zen >.>

29 Likes

I could write an essay on this but many people have already.

1 Like

If we keep nerfing them, however,they wont even be heroes anymore…

3 Likes

Which is why they both got nerfed?

19 Likes

Are you talking about Bastion during launch where he could snipe anyone from across the map with sentry mode when you say Bastion OP?

Both also got compensated.
Jus’ sayin’

18 Likes

“McCree as an F-tier hero was nerfed because he was OP. See the pattern?” Rofl. It is a terrible argument, fam. I see a pattern of underpowered heroes like Reaper getting nerfed and feel that believing the devs have a grasp on balance is erroneous at best.

D.Va used to be OP. She is not even vaguely OP on live. Ergo they did not nerf her because she is OP. It is just as fallacious as if I claimed she was nerfed because she was underpowered.

The “pattern” has nothing to do with it.

25 Likes

Even ignoring the compensation buffs and the general boop buff for a second: They got the barest minimum Blizzard could get away with after they exhausted literally other option.

It’s the equivalent of a fire department who lets buildings burn year in and year out and then wants a reward because they extinguished one fire… Because it was next to their house and it might spread.

Everything before that everyone’s been content to whine about how they’re just “enabled by the meta” which by sheer coincidence enables them the same way the last three did.

2 Likes

I dont think so, both are still very strong and solid picks despite everyone crying after every nerf that they would be garbage.

Nerfing them would balance them. As both are very easy heroes to use and get value out of, they should not at the same time have among the highest pickrates across every rank in the game.

As you go up, I believe heroes like Ana, Baptiste, and other tanks should be used more.

Buffing these heroes to compete with them isnt really a choice since both are still very strong despite receiving many nerfs and in Mercy’s case almost 16 in a row.

Lucio literally got a buff the last patch.

2 Likes

What buff? I don’t remember. AFAIK his speed boost is still gutted.

his boops got buffed.

2 Likes