Dude the whole point of brig is being a front line healer

Her intent was anti dive.

When the released her she was strong enough to be a frontline.

Which was the entire issue.

Just because they released her broken and a front liner doesn’t mean that’s what she’s supposed to be.

Blizzard LITERALLY reworked her to not be able to do this. What makes you think that they decided to change her like this over the course of MaNy changes?

YOU think that’s her role.
The people that createD her disagree.

5 Likes

I find that the people who play Brig aggressively on the front line tend to forget about the healing role until they realize their team has died around them.

5 Likes

Seems like I am not the only one wandering, how to play her right now. Front line is no longer a thing for her and her healing sucks from the backline…

2 Likes

So…make her back to OP again, then?

You play her the same way you played her the past year, as a backline peel support?

Her whipshot is 20m and procs Inspire for 6 seconds in a 20m radius AoE. It has a 4 second cooldown.

Her repair backs are 30m range.

You can sit in the backline/middle of your team comp and proc inspire from range while packing anyone who needs it, and have strong anti-dive peel through 2 forms of CC and your healing.

She’s just not stronger than other anti-dive supports right now (Mercy and Lucio) except in niche situations. Before she was 100% better than both Mercy and Lucio. They will probs rework her and are keeping her this way for a bit so she doesn’t go back to ruining the game like she was before the nerf.

4 Likes

What if we just take away Repair Pack in its current form (point and press “e” healing at 30m away with three charges), and rebuild it from scratch? Turn it into something that better fits her identity and range (and hopefully make it more interesting as well)

I’m not an expert or anything, but I recently tried to come up with a very rough rework idea myself. I’ll try to roughly sum it up here:

A short-ranged, throwable pack with no lock-on. Can be thrown at/picked up by teammates for healing and/or armor (which scales in amount and duration depending on target’s max HP). Can alternatively be used by Brigitte herself as a small, basic self-heal outside of fights (in case her HP is low and she needs to proc Inspire). Just a regular ability with one charge on a cooldown.

EDIT: Edited to be less… rambling. Oof.

My full ramblings can be found here: My take on a Brigitte (Repair Pack) rework idea

1 Like

I agree. She should be like Zen. Low healing, but a ton of power in other places. Right now, Brig pumps out heals at levels near Mercy

6 Likes

Actually its because they were demeed anti-watchability heroes that counter Flashy Heroes and thats a sin. Thats it.

Its the same e-sports agenda behind the removal of Mass Rezz and TP/SG.

Sym cant be an usable dps hero for ladder because she is shackled by her OWL only potential aka team TP to the point memes. She is ‘‘good’’ in OWL so she is overall fine for Blizz, even if she requires insane amounts of coordination unrequired for even Sombra just to function.

Couple that with the fact that OW has an skeleton crew and they cant get Sym an actual dps rework and not the hackjob that is 3.0.

8 Likes

Brig’s rework was a mistake and she should have remained a low healing high survivability tank healer with just enough damage to counter Genji and Tracer.

5 Likes

wrong the point of brig is to be an anti dive peel bot and she does that fine.

Prob cause of turrets. The CC was so strong after her rework that if u held shield as Rein you wouldn’t be able to move while being damaged by it lol

Roadhog? I thought you were talking about Zarya?

If you can’t hit a Zarya you have bad aim.

Brig rework was a mistake, and have been saying it since day 1 it hit the PTR.

You don’t give an off healer (who is SUPPOSED to be low healing and high utility) main healer levels of healing on top of making it AoE, single target, ranged, AND being able to stack it over time. Not to mention she could use said heals while doing damage and peeling

I knew she was gonna get gutted sooner or later

They shoulda kept her as high survivability and peel but low healing

12 Likes

I’m saying that she’s not the slowest tank and that she’s one of the harder tanks to hit since she’s skinny compared to them. Not saying she’s hard to hit, but I am saying literally every other tank is WAY easier to hit.

So we have established she is not hard to hit so I don’t see the problem. I made an error saying she had the biggest hit box but compared to other power house dps players she is slow and easy to hit.

1 Like

I don’t recall anyone making this claim. I thought she was more of a backline defense myself.

1 Like

being in the front line doesn’t mean being the spear head, you can (and should) be in the frontlines behind your tank, that’s why Brig is a support and not a tank, yes she’s a hybrid but that doesn’t mean that she can do a tank’s job with ease

To sum it up, she’s still a front line healer

She is super annoying though. Good Zaryas can completely shut down enemy dps with a single well placed bubble and it’s unfortunately a fact that said bubbles can pocket some oppressive strategies without much chance for counterplay.

e.g. Bubbling Doomfist for in and out strikes, bubbling a Nanoblade, etc.

I think Brig constantly needing to shift her attention towards the frontline and backline to give heal packs, actually adds to the rather small amount of skill she takes.

Zarya has has to do the same thing, and no one complains about it. She has to frontline, and then back off and bubble someone in front of her, or look to the backline to see if anyone is in trouble.