Drastic Difference In Difficulty: Same Ranks

A few days ago, my duo partner and i were dragged down to our worst ranks ever, about 1700. Impossible games vs. Smurfs and just… not what i picture being true silver games.

Today?

True silver games. Like, the easiest games you could imagine where the other team can’t even push the payload two feet. That’s fine, they’re trying and i HONESTLY felt sad for them because, totally outmatched, and that’s just not fun for anyone. Bastion just running to the payload while i shoot him down before he even sets up. Players standing still. Stuff like that.

What i wonder is…

What happened to the Hard Mode Silver i saw in the past few days?
Why is it now Easy Mode Silver today?
It’s the SAME RANK. 1700’s.

On the way down, impossible smurf games?
On the way up, Orisa standing still with no shield up games?

I’m not saying it’s FORCED, like there’s some goal in the matchmaker’s mind.
I’m saying that it definitely changes, in streaks.

I don’t see one impossible smurf game, and then the easiest game of all time. Back and forth.

No. One day it’s ALL impossible games, and then a switch flips and it’s like Silver is, well, silver. I said to my partner “This is what the forum guys seem to think silver is like, and this is what silver should be like. It’s not the silver we’ve seen the past few days though. That silver was hard mode silver.”

What i wonder is, WHY IS THAT?

Wouldn’t silver feel like silver, the same thing all the time? What is the matchmaker doing that creates streaks of varying difficulty? Is it looking at stats and marking you for a downrank? Is it looking at stats and marking you to rank up with easy games? If so, why would it even need to do that when the ranks are there in the first place?

This is what i see, it may not be the same for everyone. Maybe something in my play triggers the system to keep changing the type of matches i see.

I just do not like that, because to me all silvers should just play all silvers and there really is no need for a hidden MMR. Silver is silver is silver. Not, some days YOUR Silver is Hard Mode. Some days Easy Mode.

I’m just saying the difference between my 1700-1800 games the other day vs. today was DRASTIC. So much that you wonder how it could even be the same rank.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking the same question with no clear answer. It is very deliberate and intentional the way the stack the steams and opponents.

no matter what your team is rated, the max win/loss rate threshold is 60/40. That seems to be enough of a spread where one game is cake and the other is unwinable

1. It’s not a “win/loss rate threshold”. It’s a predicted win chance.
  2. I don’t think you know what *unwinnable means.

I think they know what I meant, quit trolling me.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Who’s “they”?

Again, disagreeing with you is not trolling you, no matter how much you want to believe that.

stalking me is trolling me

No, stalking you would be stalking you.

Clicking on one of your spam posts while blindfolded would be about 50% odds lmao

Being active on the forums and disagreeing with one of your 5500ish posts is not trolling.

well anyway, I think the OP understood what I meant.

How do you know? Are you stalking them? :rofl:

I gave a good hypothetical that might explain the phenomenon that the OP experienced.

Please don’t respond to me in this thread any more.

Pardon, Mr. 5500 posts, but you don’t get to dictate who responds to you when you post on public discussion forums.

The game is a dumpster fire as far as rank goes. Blizzard is just too stupid to do any reset of rank. That’s why you have so many boosted accounts, smurf accounts, alt accounts etc. People did this b/c they initially got hard stuck and it was just easier to buy another account and jump ranks that way. The game is very poorly designed with the ranking system. But tell them that and they will have a stroke.

1 Like

My friend, do not let the thoughts of people calling you some “conspiracy theorist” distract you from the truth. What is happening is exactly this, you were in force loss streak and now have recovered and this matchmaker has you on a win streak. You know that even at this same rank a few days ago the matches were to be impossible to win, now at the same rank they are impossible to lose?

Be brave and say what you are observing, that this matchmaker is rigged. It is definitely rigged, and more people now believe that it is rigged than not. Say what the truth is to be, not what makes you feel timid.

1 Like

I’ve come to the conclusion that besides the regular ebb and flow of streaks, the opponent variance you speak of may have to do with in-game events, holidays, summer vacations, day of the week, time of day, and just RNG.

Matchmaker is not rigged, please stop confusing players…

You didnt show one proof for your claims so far in your many posts.

2 Likes

My friend I don’t want to argue, it is impossible to show real proof without seeing matchmaker code. In this way you do not have proof that what I am saying is incorrect either so we are on a boat together.

1 Like

Yap, experienced the same. During weekend dropping down to 2.9 because the games were completly onesided(from 3.4) and after, the other way aroud with people calling me out for smurfing and such. In case you’ll ask, no i didnt tilt, in fact i couldnt care less about sr But my own performance at this point.

Nothing you can do but still trying to carry those games.

1 Like

You are saying different things than offical statements from developers. Burden of proof is on you.

And btw if you want proof just go to youtube or twitch and you will see countless number of people climbing with your “rigged” system.

I have said myself that you can climb in this rig system. I have taught a gold tier person how to make it to master by using this algorithm, it is easy actually. I think you do not read my posts and are just trying to flame me because you don’t like me so I cannot respond to you anymore.